HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
DVE
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
I'm using Futaba, and have no this small connectors at home. Sad that it was not included in the package, its not standard and not popular for most RC receivers All other boards I had, from AIO or APM to Naza don't have this problems.

Btw, maybe one of the M7-M14 connectors can be used as RC-input in next firmware? CPU pins can be configured as inputs or outputs, so there may not be hardware problems to it? I think 0.01% of users are using 14-motor copters, so M14 is usually free. And its much more easy to find standard servo connector anyway.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Last edited by DVE; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
Well for Futaba S-Bus you need an inverter anyway, so that's where the JST-ZR connector goes (or just get this http://www.skookumrobotics.com/shop/...products_id/36 ). The connector is cheap enough and you don't really need special crimp pliers if you're careful with some needle nose.

Spektrum and SBus are serial protocols, not PWM like a standard Rx. I'm not sure if the motor pins (or rather those pins on the MCU) can be used for that. M14 is used for PPM input, however. So if your Rx has PPM out, you could go that route and avoid the little JST connector altogether.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:14 AM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Yes, its not too hard to solder or order inverter or connector.

I only don't understand why its not described in the product page at the shop. Lot of people (as me) start reading manuals only after received the board If any additional hardware is required, it must be clear to user, when he is making the order.

Btw, in lot of regions post is working slowly, for example if I'll make order of this adapter right now on Helidirect, I'll receive it only after 3-4 weeks.
Thanks for the link anyway
Last edited by DVE; Nov 29, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:49 AM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Next question, how long time calculations of step 3 (magnetic) need to go?

I've tried to make calibration and calculations of this step several times, but without success. After waiting 5-10 minutes MAE is 0.5, and algorithm does not stop. How long I need to wait? (PC - Core I3, 2.6GHz)

(I'm doing calibration at home, not in the field, but there are no electric wires or massive metallic things near me.)
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:57 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
954 Posts
You can stop it and try running that step again. But if it keeps doing that (not stopping and not dropping the MAE) then it most likely indicates a problem with the calibration data (logs).

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:41 AM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
If I press Stop and Start, how data would be changed?

And how long I need to wait until making decision that something wrong? Minute? 10, hour?
Can static calibration make effect to mag calibration results?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:00 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
If I press Stop and Start, how data would be changed?

And how long I need to wait until making decision that something wrong? Minute? 10, hour?
Can static calibration make effect to mag calibration results?
If cal --mag cannot complete, it is usually a sign of poor dynamic data. Try another dance!

On my dual Xeon workstation, cal --mag completes in less than 10 minutes - if it does not complete in 20 mins, then something is wrong. I recently had one that would not complete at all - changing to another dynamic file, and loosing one of my statics made it work again.

Pls come over on the forum, and we will do our best to help you there...
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
DVE
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
O, it was my bug. I forgot to cut incorrect data from the start and the end of files. Now I recalculated all static and dynamic data again, replaced values and all success
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Hi

I am not able to DL the new GCS from the wiki. It always stops the download before it is complete. tried 10s of times. anyone else have the same problem? or a solution?

Thanks

Graham
14785528 is offline Find More Posts by 14785528
Last edited by 14785528; Dec 05, 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:21 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,311 Posts
Welcome Graham!
Here are some direct links:

AQ GCS 2.5.2 for Android:
http://autoquad.org/wp-content/uploa...gcs2_2.5.2.zip
QGCS 1.0.5 for Windows:
http://autoquad.org/wp-content/uploa...Win-v1.0.5.zip

Norbert
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
thanks, got it
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:51 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
OK, next issue

using 3dr telemetry, I can "connect" it shows a 0.5kpbs data rate, but I cant load any PIDs or see a real time HUD. It works with the FDTI cable, but not wireless...anytips?

Also, Can standard ESC be used? or must they be 400hz units?

finally, is there an all in one ESC calibration function?

Thanks
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:43 AM
Italy, Marche, Mondolfo
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14785528 View Post
OK, next issue

using 3dr telemetry, I can "connect" it shows a 0.5kpbs data rate, but I cant load any PIDs or see a real time HUD. It works with the FDTI cable, but not wireless...anytips?

Also, Can standard ESC be used? or must they be 400hz units?

finally, is there an all in one ESC calibration function?

Thanks

afaik no centralized esc calibration ATM.

i use a 3dr telemetry clone from rctimer and performs perfectly.

the only thing i strongly suggest to check is the Tx/rx cables are wired correctly between AQ and the trasnreceiver itself.
note that Rx go to Tx and Vice-versa. so the cables results to be swapped.

anyway... try with 3dr config tool to check all the parameters of the transceivers. same network, same frequency range, same features enabled at both ends.

you have also to check the baudrate of the 3dr. mine is shipped out with 57.6k bps and 64kbps over-the-air. you have to change that to accomplish aq serial output. so 115200 bps at the serial-end and (if i remember well) 128000 bps over-the-air. check also ECC and Mavlink Framing to be enabled, this helps with range and with reliability.

hope this helps.
gionag is offline Find More Posts by gionag
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
thanks, i have done the wire switch. think it is a baud issue. will check it out.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
ESC question

Can the 32escs be used with any flight controller. Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha