SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:55 PM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,846 Posts
Don't bother with the Spectrum servos. There's a reason the price is right, and it isn't a good reason. That is, unless they've made some serious changes.

Gerald
G_T is offline Find More Posts by G_T
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:39 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
359 Posts
Hey Gerald, thanks for making the ZV2 for everyone! I'm really enjoying flying it! Thats a lot of work to put into a design I like your passion. I did some testing on the launch reflex. -2MM hurts my height. -1MM can't really tell on the altimeter. So I'm sticking with the master and using 0MM for launch. I had to test it!
Dave
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:51 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Spektrum Servo's

I believe that Spektrum's new line of digital servo's are made by Savox and they are highly respected.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:23 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
NOT a good day in Neos land.....ARGH!
2nd day out with my brand spankin' new Carboline Neos...30 minute session before work, no problem. Went out again after work, and flew it straight into the tallest, skinniest tree around. Had too much fun rolling around and doing crazy stuff, didn't notice the tree at all
Spent some time trying to throw a rope up but couldn't get it anywhere near high enough...drove 40 minutes there and back to grab some poles and a ladder and when I got back, luckily the wind had blown it down, and on the right side of the chain link fence.

Fuselage and tails are absolutely OK, but wing is suffering badly. I'm going to see if I can get it back to shape, but I'm probably going to need to build a new Carboline wing to take to Beijing

At least I got it back...right?
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:27 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,425 Posts
I just did some research and the spektrums do indeed appear to be Savox. I always assumed that they where a good manufacture. I have never had one but they have some nice looking high end servos. I guess they are OEM manufactures for Align and Spektrum, At least thats what the intergoogles told me.
Hmmmm
But if G_T says they are junk than I have to respect his judgment. He is way more knowledgeable than I.
But I can get a nice deal on those Spektrums.....
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:29 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
NOT a good day in Neos land.....ARGH!
2nd day out with my brand spankin' new Carboline Neos...30 minute session before work, no problem. Went out again after work, and flew it straight into the tallest, skinniest tree around. Had too much fun rolling around and doing crazy stuff, didn't notice the tree at all
Spent some time trying to throw a rope up but couldn't get it anywhere near high enough...drove 40 minutes there and back to grab some poles and a ladder and when I got back, luckily the wind had blown it down, and on the right side of the chain link fence.

Fuselage and tails are absolutely OK, but wing is suffering badly. I'm going to see if I can get it back to shape, but I'm probably going to need to build a new Carboline wing to take to Beijing

At least I got it back...right?
Those pesky trees

Sorry Thomas, I know how hearbreaking that is.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:06 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
broken spars...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle72 View Post
I just did some research and the spektrums do indeed appear to be Savox. I always assumed that they where a good manufacture. I have never had one but they have some nice looking high end servos. I guess they are OEM manufactures for Align and Spektrum, At least thats what the intergoogles told me.
Hmmmm
But if G_T says they are junk than I have to respect his judgment. He is way more knowledgeable than I.
When I last looked at Spectrum servos a couple years ago, they were garbage. They may have changed manufacturer or design since then. I'd do some research for current opinion. Then, if you are still interested, purchase one or two to test on the bench. But one should absolutely not believe whatever most servo manufacturers say about their servos, except for it not being a great idea to run servos past their rated voltage.

Our DLGs are high end models and they are not cheap. They place particular demands on the electromechanics. It is not an area where I personally want to skimp.

Gerald
G_T is offline Find More Posts by G_T
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:53 AM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle72 View Post
Hmmmm
No, the new Spektrums are good servo's, the old ones like the DSP75 and the DPP60 are junk.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:43 AM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
978 Posts
I have built out one of these Neos fuselages with a Zone V2 wing and am loving it. Wow they are STOUT! I had to lay the servos on there side but that is the only downside I have seen.

I have been flying this thing everywhere I can. This Sunday it was to hot down in the valley so we went up in the mountains and got some alpine soaring in. The lift was big and on the slope the wind was blowing up to 30 mph. Very choppy and gusty and no ballast at 10oz. The Zone wing cut through it all with ease.
Lee
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:14 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,425 Posts
Wow, thats some nice scenery! Good looking plane too
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:40 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Looking great Lee, your wing looks great! Very nice scenery, I am JEALOUS of your visibility! Our visibility got as low as 5000m for a while this morning

Guys, I may have 1 or 2 extra Standard Carbon Neos' available for sale later this month due to a buyer having to back out. If you're interested in one of the last 3p wings we make please contact me, no wait list for these ones!

If you've already ordered one of the New CNC milled core Neos' slated for Sept/Oct delivery and want to move up the line you can pick one of these 3p ones up as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:52 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
OKAY, so we are having a little delay in some custom parts for our CNC, while we're waiting for the parts we're going to make a couple more 3p kits. Keep an eye out or send me an email if you're interested in one of these, should be available after I get back from Beijing/Shanghai. These are limited though as we're going to jump into the cnc milled Neos as soon as the CNC is ready, just a way for some of you who don't want to wait 2 months to get the new Neos to jump the line and grab one of the ones we've been building and having lots of success with.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
I have a couple kits packed up and ready to go, but my headache is back so will not be able to drive to the post office. Hopefully I will get them sent tomorrow, sorry guys.

BTW, we're having a number of extra 3p kits made, so if you have't PM'ed me yet and want to take advantage of the 0-wait-time let me know. If I have any extras left in a week or two I will post these on the classifieds.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:56 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,498 Posts
i HAVE MY WING DONE AND rUDDER GLUED ON jUST NEED TO HOOK ele UP cg AND THROW ....

Just saw I had caps lock on and couldn't be bothered changing it lol

Post pics later... looks sweet
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro