HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 05:39 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknust View Post
I placed an order earlier this week for the new micro rxs (complete system), and got them today (fast shipping!). I haven't tested anything, but have no worries after reading about and seeing the commitment to customer support. This is my second DL system. I wanted to thank JettPilot for going the extra distance, and the little extras included in the package (unexpected surprise!). It is great for the hobby to have a US based vendor like this. We plan to start some FPV racing in the woods soon, and will be trying out the micro rxs for that purpose.
You will find that the current Dragon Link system is MUCH IMPROVED over the older versions. We constantly work to improve our system and performance. The moment we find a way to do something better, we do ! If we made a new version number for every improvement we have made in the system over the years, we would be well over version 10 by now And yes, we happily guarantee everything we sell. We really appreciate all the people that support our system, and if I can keep you guys flying by taking a little extra time and money to do repairs and updates when needed, we are more than happy to.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:46 AM
Joined Feb 2006
100 Posts
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysvr View Post
After received the dl system, install it , check it in micropower , set failsafe, was the time to check it outside, gone with a friend of mine close to the sea and flow the tarot810.
After a couple minutes i lost control(I upload later a video but without osd-no dvr) and as I remember was 950m away and 200m above the sea , couldnt move the hexa in no direction whatever all the sticks move...!!!
I hit the failsafe, but STILL no movement to RTH(but saw that changed to failsafe/gps on the screen), at that time hadnt no control(stick to gps again) of the drone, it felt down slowly to 16-21meters(my stick was always at 80-95% of the throttle movement-VERY STRANGE that-never happened to me the past 15years) and stayed there(20m above the sea-throttle still at 90%), after a few minutes(at that time thinking that I lost it forever....) I regain control(elev-rud EXCEPT the trottle!!! which stayed always at 20m above sea) and bring it back safe.
I dont understand what happened...(I recheck it again with a new batt and also hit the failsafe and RTH ok...(not in the sea that time)
Also there was at the coast a lot of yachts with big radars(any interference maybe? )...
Any feedback what had happened?
Also WHY I cannot retrieve log of the receiver?
Well, here is the video-including motor noise-of that strange issue

problem (9 min 0 sec)
harrysvr is online now Find More Posts by harrysvr
Old Today, 05:48 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post

Since Sbus is available it's just a simpler way to tell the Pixhawk to activate the failsafe programming and you don't have to wait for the receiver to time out and go failsafe throttle.
There is nothing worse that having a failsafe setting that is to " Quick " to detect a failsafe and activate that mode. Having a system go in and out of failsafe very quickly as you get on the edge of signal can be disastrous. We defiantly considered this in programming, and picked the best value. Faster is NOT better in this case.

That being said, all this worry about failsafe will go away once you start flying our system. With a properly set up Dragon Link system, you will probably NEVER have a failsafe or glitch. It is hard to get out of the habit of worrying about failsafes, as it is such a problem on 2.4 , but fly our system for a while, and you will see what I mean

That being said, it is ALWAYS important to set your failsafes correctly, as failsafes can and do happen with Dragon Link, although they are almost always caused by improper FCU - Dragon Link integration, programming, or BEC problems...

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 05:55 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1QhsSvBMQ
Thanks for posting the video, that is always a huge help to be able to see something like this. The fact that you still had control, and had the ability to " return home " is proof that you still had RC control. Absolute proof that your Dragon Link was defiantly NOT in failsafe.

You obviously lost throttle control, most likely due to a FCU, programming, or integration - setup problem. Maybe you activated some sort of altitude hold option without even knowing it... We see this a lot, people fly copters without understanding some things and make errors in the setup or operation. Given your result, you definitely need to figure out what went wrong, so it does not happen again. I tie down the copter to the ground or table, and simulate some full flights, and see if you can keep throttle control.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 07:58 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,881 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1QhsSvBMQ
I have a very simple and easy test for you. Put a servo on the throttle channel of your receiver, with it still in the copter... Everything powered and running. See if the servo responds to throttle control. Test micro power mode to simulate longer ranges, if the servo does not move, then you have a problem with the RX. If the servo moves and range tests OK, then you know the Dragon Link works perfectly, and you can start going over your copter setup to find the issue.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,025 Posts
I do the same, using my little DragonLink 1.3 dipoles on all my smaller planes and quads and with all my CP ground station antennas. I've never noticed the DB losses and honestly, I think the reception is better with them as opposed to a big cloverleaf. So far I've taken them out to 10 miles with a crosshair on the other side. Love that they are so small and streamlined too. So easy to mount on just about anything! They really are the best little hidden gem no matter what you are running on your RX side.

Little too cold and cloudy to fly today so I stuck one on my son's little Traxxas rustler along with a micro RX and watched him navigate it a mile out and back on the sidewalks near our home. Gotta love the expressions you get with passerby's (and especially dogs), lol... Thanks to the car guys here for helping me with a quick and painless setup!! It was a blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBishop View Post
I've been using the Dragonlink 1.3 Dipole on my wing, along with the CPatch from Circular Wireless. Although it has about 3dB loss due to the fact that it is RHCP- I can't tell the difference yet. Been out 4 miles so far, with perfect video. I can go several hundred feet behind me, and 2500 feet either side perpendicular to the patch. What I really like is how LOW I can fly- the CPatch has a far broader beam than a yagi and allows me to all of this. I used to run diversity- but I just don't feel I need it any longer. Another bonus- the CPatch is very small, and I can mount it just a few inches off the ground- no tripod required.

Admittedly, I probably won't be going 25 miles with this, but I don't have a plane yet that can. When I get one, a Yagi will likely be the way to go.
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Today at 05:17 PM.