SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
In speed lies safety
USA
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Alert
Finally! Spektrum's redesigned JR module!

I have a DX7 but it can't program a 5 servo glider properly. I have a JR 9303 but the spektrum module for it had a funky design so I decided to wait to see if Spektrum would make an integrated module for it. Just when I was about to give up and jump the fence to Futaba, I walk into my LHS and the angels sang as I see the thing I had been waiting so long for sitting on the shelf: the new DM9 integrated module!

The kit comes with a couple of bind plugs, the DM9 (JR) module, AR7000 dual receiver and instructions. It took seconds to install and I had the Harbinger bound in less than 2 minutes (spent 1 minute digging the receiver out so I could insert the bind plug). It works perfect and now I can fully program a 5 servo glider with flaps and crow. Plus, I can have my kids use the DX7 with trainer cord so I can use the JR which has a much better trainer switch (prior the kids would use the JR but that always made me nervous).

I was happy about the included AR7000 because I was in the market for new receiver to put in the DC60 prototype I am building. Since the DC60 prototype will have a glass fuse, it will be 2.4 friendly.

I haven't range tested or flown with it yet, but assuming it performs as advertised I would absolutely recommend this module. There is a small bind button on the back that is very easy to reach when binding your planes. Like the DX7, the module emits an audible hum. There is also an orange LED that glows and flashes to let you know whats going on when you turn on or bind. Check out some photos:
Aerogance is online now Find More Posts by Aerogance
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:11 AM
Mach 0.261 ... Hiccup of Wiggy
Wiggy Poo, England!
Joined Mar 2006
1,258 Posts
Got one, flew it in a Vector for the first time last week end. WOrked perfectly.
Good inexpensive way into 2.4.
Regards
George
Geo420 is offline Find More Posts by Geo420