HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:02 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
No I meant check the position of the ir receiver on the heli.
It may be bent up and not receiving the signal.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:54 AM
Buy it, Mod it, Fly it!!
Joined Jan 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
No I meant check the position of the ir receiver on the heli.
It may be bent up and not receiving the signal.
Checked all that the first time it happened.
This is so wierd I have heard of people having problems with lights etc, but I am flying in the same room at night as I have done with the green one.
I know they are both geniune syma but could there be a difference in manufacture?
No matter how far away in my house the green one goes it will fly and fly unless I cover the IR on the tx. The white one loses signal less than a meter away sometimes..... unless there is power cut on the board of some sort that is causing the problem but nothing is getting hot.
Its not good Continuing to fly is going to cause issues if it keeps thumping the ground
braindecay is offline Find More Posts by braindecay
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:24 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
My replacement 107 from banggood has arrived! It looks like the real deal now, square charging plug, trim button turns -a lot- smoother, A and B channel, and, most importantly, a red "S107R5" board

*edit*
Just had a first flight, it's just a whole new experience compared to the clone, incredible!
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Last edited by cgpirre; Feb 06, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
That box looks very banged up. LoL.
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
The chopper is completely fine though
Old Feb 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator168 View Post
You call that box "banged up"...LOL Too funny Dude

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9075

I did manage to get her flying but, it wasn't easy. I ended up giving it to a friend

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
I am going to fix my current S107 with a replacement motor. I will keep my Walkera V120 for studying and also go for a FP 4 channel for indoor flying
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:39 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator168 View Post
I haven't seen that old golden color box for the longest time. When I got mine (from a US seller), it was in pristine condition, because it didn't travel around the world, yet it was well packed inside a outer shipping box. It makes a huge difference in customer satisfaction in my opinion.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
There's no pleasing you people. You order your item from "BangGood"

Of course one would expect some bang goods to arrive. Just be thankful it's just the box.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
My mother got me and one of my brother's toy helicopters at Christmas. Mine, some other make, was hopeless needing trim adjustments all the while but his, an s107 was just great. it was so easy.

I thought about getting one but decided to go for single rotor ones, in part thinking I would soon outgrow it and in part believing it was all easy provided you got a reasonable craft - on that , the s107 has a lot to answer for...

Anyway, while I am now managing with my CB100 and V120D01, this weekend I ordered a blue s107!

I'd not realised they had made such an impact and had a keen following.
jonbanjo is offline Find More Posts by jonbanjo
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
There's no pleasing you people. You order your item from "BangGood"

Of course one would expect some bang goods to arrive. Just be thankful it's just the box.
Customers are hard to pleased, but unless they are pleased, they won't be customers for very long. We all want better products at lower prices. Something's got to give. As we have seen, some sellers decided to make profits by cutting corners on packaging and shipping.

My point is - that is a bad choice of business. Consider that today I could buy an S107 from a certain US seller at $25.xx, with speedy delivery, in well protected shipping box, versus buying the same product off-shore, which takes a much longer time for delivery, with no protection for that long journey. And your savings is less than $3! What would you choose? I think it is a no-brainer choice.

Remember also that a lot of these helicopters are presents to someone we care about. Would you like to present a gift in a pristine condition, or a gift that looks like that it's been run over by a truck? Again, I think it is a no-brainer choice.

Therefore, if vendors want to compete from our businesses, they should take notes think about these poor corner-cutting practices.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Then again, HP, not everybody has the luck of having a cheap nearby shop. The cheapest, non-China, genuine S107 helicopter I can get costs over $50 for me, that's more then twice as much as from banggood. A mint box is not worth -that- much for me.
I for one am a very happy banggood customer, am impressed with the incredible customer service, and will certainly shop there again.
But I also know that there is always the risk of an item arriving in a damaged box, but I am certain that if the product would be defective, that banggood would send free repair parts or even a full replacement, as they have done in the past.
Just my $0.02
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,698 Posts
Pirre, your point is well taken. If you're happy with your vendor, you should continue to be a repeat customer.

My comments were not particular to a named vendor. Rather, they are for a general observation of a practice that many vendors seem to have adopted. What you see in Belgium might be different. But at least for US customers, there are better options.

Today, you are not bothered by a damaged box. Tomorrow, when you're shopping for a present, what are you gonna do? Wouldn't you like your favorite vendor to improve on their business practice?
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:14 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Well, if I'd get something like this as a present, I'd unwrap it anyway, make sure it works properly, and give it the standard battery warm-up so that whoever gets it can fly 5 minutes right away, and give it a nice package myself
Or, I'd get one from the local expensive vendor, to minimize warranty problems and to ensure quick delivery.

I know that these Chinese whole sale vendors won't improve packaging while still keeping the same low price, and I don't expect it.
But I do understand your point of view, and I understand that this is a problem for some. But, imho, if people are -that- bothered by it, they should shop somewhere else.

And I also know that if there was a local vendor with sharp prices like you guys have in the US, I'd probably shop there, and keep banggood and similar sites for little things that I can wait for. But that is not an option for me, unfortunately
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
the "you get what you pay for" viewpoint doesnt seem to take into account highway robbers with ludicrous markups. or bait and switch con artists and others who dont sell what they advertise.

btw if it werent for local vendors like hobbypartz and meritline id go with bangood myself.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993