New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by elshiftos
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2011
20 Posts
Discussion
I have acquired a RealFlight G3 controller

Just the controller with a serial No. on the base, without any software installation media.

As I know nothing of simulators, could someone enlighten me as to whether the controller can be put to some use with a) a download link to the legit software or b) third party simulator software?

I would be interested in a quad-copter sim if available.

Many thanks
elshiftos is offline Find More Posts by elshiftos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2015, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by A Monell
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,051 Posts
the Real Flight controllers are a good quality one. I use one for several sims.
The free windows version of Pica-Sim is a good one, it only has one quad however.
there are several other free ones I think, just hunt around this forum.
I use a demo of one from HobbyKing occasionally which has a lot of Quads,
AeroSIM RC, you can fly for 2 min. then have to restart. at least that gives you the chance to try it out.
As far as Real Flight software that is what you are mostly paying for so there are no free downloads. You might get a bit of a break buying a version without the controller however.
hope you enjoy RC flying!
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Old Jul 01, 2015, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by elshiftos
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2011
20 Posts
Exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the info!

The controller works great with Picasim and although quite not the real thing, should help with nose-in flying practice.

Cheers
elshiftos is offline Find More Posts by elshiftos