New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2015, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by sean.belardo
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Mar 2010
74 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing Discontinues the 'H-King Color 250' Quad After 2 Days of Being Release?

Hi guys,

Am I seeing things right or have all the 'H-King Color 250' quads disappeared off their website after only being released for 2-3 days?
I was considering picking one up since it's the only mini quad frame I've seen with angled arms that also can support 6" props as a bonus. I believe these frames were being sold for $14.21 before they disappeared.

I believe their YouTube video premiering these mini quads has also been removed off their 'HobbyKing Live' youtube page...

-Does anyone know what happened to them and why they were removed from the website and from their YouTube page?
-Anyone know of any other angled arm frame mini quads in the 250mm class range? Perhaps that can take 6" props?

I've also attached images of the 5 mini quad frames they were selling. (From a google image search, but the websites they belonged to were gone.)

Here are the original URLs for the different color frames that have dissapeared from their website:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ame_Blue_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rame_Red_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...me_Black_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Orange_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...me_White_.html

Here's info on the quad frames from a HobbyKing Fan Page I found on FaceBook:
(https://www.facebook.com/hobbykingfans)

"H-King Color 250 Class FPV Racer Quadcopter Frame (Blue) http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
The design team at HobbyKing ™ have been busy designing the ultimate H-style 250 frame that combines all of the best features of our most popular frames!The H-King Color 250 Class FPV Racer series frames are literally maxed out with innovative features that the racing fraternity have been screaming out for! The H-King Color Frames are manufactured from glass filled nylon which makes the frame super strong yet flexible enough to take the everyday knocks and inevitable high speed collisions. The upper deck of the H-King Color frames are also manufactured from toughened nylon which has a honeycomb / ribbed pattern to reduce weight and increase durability. The upper deck also includes a camera mount for your Mobius or similar camera system along with vibration reducing damping balls to give you the best possible flight footage. The printed distribution board (PDB) has a built in 5 volt BEC making it perfect for OPTO ESC's and for powering your other electronics etc. The PDB is easy to mount and simply slots over the molded tabs and is secured by the upper deck frame stacks. The frame provides excellent mounting and securing points for your electronics such as, ESC mounting points, Internal FPV camera mount and the latest FPV Tx mounting solution! the frame offers a fixed upright position for your FPV Tx (up to 600mW size) in the event of a collision the load is placed on the SMA fitting rather than the PCB which could save your TX!The arms of the H-King 250 are upswept which improves stability and provides faster forward flight, the arms also feature built in molded landing gear. The Frame has 16x19mm and 14x12mm motor mounting options which means you can fit a multitude of motors ranging from 1704 to 2204 sizes. Features:: • Manufactured from super strong and flexible glass filled nylon• Mobius style upper camera mount with vibration damping• Internal Camera mount option• Easy fit printed distribution board with 5 Volt BEC • Protective FPV Tx mount built-in• ESC mounting points • Upswept arm for improved stability and faster forward flight• Built-in molded landing gear• Suits 1704 to 2204 size motorsSpecifications: Material: Glass Filled Nylon Frame Size: 250mm Frame Weight: 130g (with PDB)Frame Height: 65mm Bolt Hole Spacing: 16x19mm / 14x12mm
]]>"
sean.belardo is offline Find More Posts by sean.belardo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2015, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by gazza_72
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
I ordered the H-king color 250 quad as soon as it appeared on the new items page as it ticked all the right boxes, but the very next day Hobbyking informed me there was a problem with the stock and cancelled my order with no explanation as to why! Very mysterious!
I tried the FPV260 miniquad with upswept arms from Hobbyking instead, and it flies very well for a cheapo frame! The downside is that it has very limited space for electronic gear... Especially fpv camera and transmitter. Mobius style cams have nowhere to go either!
Another characteristic that I didn't like about the upswept arms was, although you get quite a good turn of speed, it has a tendency to self level in forward flight in acro mode. This may suit some people's style of flying but it got a bit annoying for me and couldn't seem to adjust it out from the naze 32 controller! Otherwise it is pretty sturdy and I think you could just about fit 6" props on it..
I'm going back to the normal H style of miniquad now but hope Hobbyking eventually bring out the color 250 as it looks very interesting and I'd love to try it!
gazza_72 is offline Find More Posts by gazza_72
Old Jun 02, 2015, 10:14 AM
Joined Mar 2010
74 Posts
Gotcha, that's what I've heard from another person who tried buying one of these 'Color 250' frames; their order was cancelled without any reason...

I did consider the FPV260 frame, but like you said, these small 'X' style frames don't have much room for electronics like the 'H' style ones do.

My goal is to make a stable 250 class mini quad, more suited for photography/video rather than racing. I have a 450 class quad, but they aren't as portable as a 250 quad. When I saw these 'Color 250' quads with up-swept arms, the possibility of 6" props, and all in an 'H' style frame; I really wanted to give it a try. Although I wish the arms were detachable in the event one breaks one.

Now I guess I'll have to wait, haha. My original idea was to try a fiber glass ZMR-250 frame, but the place I want to buy them from, Banggood, won't have them in stock until next week... >:-\
Old Jun 09, 2015, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by schnupperm
Joined Apr 2015
6 Posts
they are back

in the hk-intl. warehouse.
Bye the way: you can mount even 7" props on the FPV260
schnupperm is offline Find More Posts by schnupperm
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,280 Posts
Guys. Quick question. I'm looking at these frames right now as my first fpv setup and try the racing stuff lol.

How much are we looking for a budget to make them fly? Can somebody point me to the right direction as far as what to buy for the electronics?

Thanks.

(I know it sounds lazy, but I dintend want to spend money on some electronics and then realize they are not going to work
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Jun 10, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by Puzzle Shift
Joined Jun 2015
1 Posts
I got a red one!

Red ones go faster right?

seems to me like there should be more mounting slots for the electronics or are we going to have to double-sided sticky things like OSD, Rx and immersionRC Tx (they wont fit vertical like the show in the daily.)

some pics of the underside would be nice too, I cant tell if its flat or if there are any small holes for LED wires, not sure what the vertical standoffs are made out of also
Puzzle Shift is offline Find More Posts by Puzzle Shift
Last edited by Puzzle Shift; Jun 10, 2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:26 AM
Joined Mar 2010
74 Posts
Hey guys,

Yay, they're back in stock!

I recently ordered one of the White Color 250 and received it a couple days ago. I've made a little review on RC Groups with some videos and pictures describing the basic dimensions, weights, and feel.

I don't think this frame is as strong as some of the carbon and fiberglass mini quads out there, but I think it will be a stable low cost platform which is what I'm looking for.

Check it out :-)

RC Groups Review Page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2442061

Video Summary of the Kit:
H-King Color 250 - FPV Mini Quad Frame: Kit Overview & Dimensions (8 min 51 sec)