SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by Shirty
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
1,350 Posts
Cool. I just use the throttle trim now for the same reason, so it doesn't shut off at zero throttle.
Shirty is online now Find More Posts by Shirty
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by dsa44
United States, OH, Chagrin Falls
Joined Apr 2013
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666 View Post
I have a Mr-RC on my Dynam Waco (I have one for the Mustang but haven't installed it yet). On the Waco, I have the sound card on a dedicated channel, *not* the throttle channel. I have a switch that puts the sound card channel at about 5% when thrown. This gives me the motor startup sequence without having to move the throttle stick. The throttle channel is mixed to this dedicated channel, though. So as I start to advance the throttle the sound card responds appropriately.

I did it this way because the Mr-RC goes in to an engine "shut down" sequence when the throttle drops to zero. That's fine when you're taxiing back to the pits, but if you're in the air and chop the throttle, the sound card goes through it's shut down sounds and sometimes doesn't "restart" when you throttle up again. When that happens, the rest of the flight is without the sound effects. The dedicated channel with a switch and a mix keeps that from happening. I land and throw the switch back to "off" but the sound card continues to make sound as I taxi. When I get to the pits and chop the throttle completely the card gives me the motor wind-down sequence and my flight is complete!
That is a great idea if you have a spare channel. I did not so I setup my throttle on a three way switch. Down is throttle kill, completely off like a safety switch. Middle position I have set to about 10% throttle, and only 10% throttle no matter what the throttle stick position is. This starts the engine moving at very low rpm as the mrrcsound throttle startup sequence begins. When the sequence is over after a few seconds, I switch the the up position which allows 10-100% throttle. So even if I pull the throttle stick all the way down, it is still idling and I don't get that shutdown sequence and silence when still flying, if I drop the throttle stick too low. After landing and back at pit, I go back to 10% position and then down to throttle kill. Sometimes the shut down starts, sometimes not. So I am now using the down trim while in the "idle" 10% position which will then start the shutdown sequence. Once it starts, I quickly go to throttle kill, and everything is off. That might sound a bit confusing, but seems to do the trick and avoid the dreaded silence when flying!
BTW using a taranis
Cheers, DSA
dsa44 is online now Find More Posts by dsa44
Old Today, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by wrongroad
Australia, NSW, Grafton
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
Did he say "toy" ...planes?
Yes he did, we will tar and feather him later. Then we will put him in the stocks and then ten lashes with the cat o nine tails

Come on shirty, you know that we fly sophisticated toy planes

Have a good weekend blokes..it looks great for tomorrow and of course it was brilliant today and I had to work

Regards and respect
Daryl
wrongroad is offline Find More Posts by wrongroad
Old Today, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,810 Posts
Where I'm at....more on the B thread
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz