Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:00 AM
Find More Posts by Sideslip
United States, MI, Parchment
Joined May 2004
1,927 Posts
[QUOTE=Marza Taxx;31994123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
OK, and how long will shipping take at that price? We here in MI can't usually fly much in December.

Get a pair od Dubro skis! You'll love winter flying.
B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-

Me I'll watch your videos and fly in the gym.
Sideslip is online now Find More Posts by Sideslip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
Deadalus' other child
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Feb 2014
90 Posts
Yeah, Michigan winters get so cold it can hurt to breathe. Got in one battery in the UMX Yak in ND and had to stop so I could warm up enough to feel my face again.
FlyingHobo is offline Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Joined Mar 2014
313 Posts
yeah, it requires wearing a few layers, but it's so much more fun than the simulator.
I fly from a semi-smooth/rough field in the warm months. After a good 5 inches of snow the airfield is so smooth. It's awesome taking off and landing on a smooth runway.
Marza Taxx is offline Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
Find More Posts by superduke1
Joined Mar 2012
38 Posts
Hi, I seem to be able to hover a PA Addition X reasonable well but I seem to struggle a bit with the 60" edge the throttle seems to aggresive and I find it hard to found the sweet spot with the throttle. I've changed the throttle curve to 14 36 50 64 100 as listed earlier in this thread. I'm running the Torque/ airboss combo, Revo blend 427 6S 3600 packs and a 16x7 Vox prop. Would a 16x6 help in hovering? Or maybe I just need more practice. I'm just looking for the best setup for hovering/ low and slow.
superduke1 is offline Find More Posts by superduke1
Last edited by superduke1; Yesterday at 04:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by Luv3d
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
2,113 Posts
duke-
I suspect it's a practice thing. You have a great setup to be able to hover for the entire battery pack. You might find it beneficial to reduce the expo on the rudder (it will help you make gentle corrections) and possibly the elevator as well.
Also, the throttle curve is nice, but not necessary. I started using a Throttle curve on my Edge as well, but only adjusted the points at mid-point and one spot above/below the mid-point to flatten it slightly. I didn't make any other modifications to mine- just sharing for your consideration.

Keep up the practice and you'll be torque rolling in no time!
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM
Find More Posts by AeroKen
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduke1 View Post
Hi, I seem to be able to hover a PA Addition X reasonable well but I seem to struggle a bit with the 60" edge the throttle seems to adhesive and I find it hard to found the sweet spot with the throttle. I've changed the throttle curve to 14 36 50 64 100 as listed earlier in this thread. I'm running the Torque/ airboss combo, Revo blend 427 6S 3600 packs and a 16x7 Vox prop. Would a 16x6 help in hovering? Or maybe I just need more practice. I'm just looking for the best setup for hovering/ low and slow.
Try some debonder

I'm assuming you meant "too aggressive" there.
If by that you mean it's hard to keep the plane from rising or sinking, then you probably have the wrong throttle curve. Start with no curve at all and see if that's better. If not, try to determine about where on the throttle the hover point is - if you can recruit someone to watch the throttle stick while you attempt hovering they can tell you about what the average position was. Then make a throttle curve that moves the value for that stick position to the center of the throttle travel, and flattens the throttle out a little (not a lot) around it. Too much flattening is just as bad as too little. Flattening around the wrong center point is worse than no curve at all (this may be your current problem).

And of course practice.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
Deadalus' other child
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Feb 2014
90 Posts
Got my BEC bumped up to 7.4 volts, did an engine test, and played with my expo a little bit. Now I just have to wait for calmer winds and less chance of precip tomorrow and I'll finally get to maiden her. I can't wait
FlyingHobo is offline Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by Shirty
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
1,350 Posts
Good luck! She's a real sweetheart. Easily one of my favourites.
Shirty is online now Find More Posts by Shirty
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduke1 View Post
Hi, I seem to be able to hover a PA Addition X reasonable well but I seem to struggle a bit with the 60" edge the throttle seems to aggresive and I find it hard to found the sweet spot with the throttle. I've changed the throttle curve to 14 36 50 64 100 as listed earlier in this thread. I'm running the Torque/ airboss combo, Revo blend 427 6S 3600 packs and a 16x7 Vox prop. Would a 16x6 help in hovering? Or maybe I just need more practice. I'm just looking for the best setup for hovering/ low and slow.
No throttle curve, very little rudder expo (20 percent give or take)and a big investment in hover practice. This is what I used to get better at hovers with the edge.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by Sabin
The cycle is complete.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
2,513 Posts
Even if I could maiden my edge, I wouldn't.

http://www.coastreporter.net/news/lo...lert-1.1988902
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by superduke1
Joined Mar 2012
38 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back I've been out today and my hovering is starting to get better with the Edge. I see a few mixed reports about using a throttle curve. I'll reduce my rudder expo.
superduke1 is offline Find More Posts by superduke1
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by Liberty10
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
5,675 Posts
Superduke. If you using the 12x6 prop and keep struggling. Try the 13x6 or13x6.5. THe larger prop will def. help. Just watch you temps if you get into the throttle a lot. Bigger prop means more air over the control surfaces
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Today, 06:59 AM
Find More Posts by Luv3d
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Even if I could maiden my edge, I wouldn't.

http://www.coastreporter.net/news/lo...lert-1.1988902
Sabin- stay safe; the maiden can wait. You'll enjoy the plane when the opportunity presents itself for you to fly. We all know the wait stinks, too.

Wish you and your family well.
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d