New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by elkski
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
4,312 Posts
I did kinda expect some taranis owner to step up and trade? I mean why not if I am just crazy? IT is 100% stock now, just fresh back after Aloft servicing.
elkski is online now Find More Posts by elkski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by clintc
United States, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Dec 2000
591 Posts
I don't know 100% if your radio has issues or not. But the only way to tell is get a plane in the air and start expanding the range you fly at
clintc is offline Find More Posts by clintc
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
I did kinda expect some taranis owner to step up and trade? I mean why not if I am just crazy? IT is 100% stock now, just fresh back after Aloft servicing.
I don't think anyone here thinks your crazy -- well at least not in regards to the TX.

Just trying to problem-solve this bad boy at a distance....the TX, not the user....
chewbaccah is offline Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:40 AM
Find More Posts by rsrguy3
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
1,038 Posts
So get an epp powered glider and test test test. No biggie if you waste it, and you'll figure out what you can get away with.
rsrguy3 is offline Find More Posts by rsrguy3
Old Jun 29, 2015, 07:54 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
4,312 Posts
finally took some time yesterday to try to work on my Taranis RX issue. IT wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped. my EPP test bed ship had some issues. What is this noise and no power deal? Was it the new props I bought or the smaller lipo. I only had a single 1300 (crap from the mrs hobby) rather than my lost stash of good 2100's. Finally figured out it was 2 magnets siding out of the outrunner trying to eat the power wires. By then it was to hot for this EPP to gain altitude?? THe rx in the abatross was a 4DR
I did get brave after a 27 pace before lost telemetry to fly my original CX1. That sucker flies great for such a repaired beast. (see the basket case rises from the dead) at 12 oz I only got one 5 min + flight and that took me towards the cell tower I would estimate 600-700' away. there I started to get get rssi warnings and lost telemetry but just as I was turning towards myself. not sure if I was about to lose control. Talk about flying with a short leash jerking on your neck. The antennas are hanging out about as long of whiskers as a real cat.

Next up was the aerial. X4R. hmmm I could only get 15 paces with it leaning nose up against a fire hydrant. This was with one antenna taped on the hatch cover at 90 degrees to the other laying along the servo tray. Just like another guy in the aerial thread. It didn't matter if I had the front or back leaning up against the hydrant or at what clock position I was at 15 paces. lets see 45' times 30= 1350' not so good even if you trust the 30x BS number. OK so the 1100 was charged back up again and I had a frozen drink and I had put the aerial RX into the slow stick. I thought this would be a good test. I forgot to do a range test and just let it go. I am not sure if it was the heat or wrong prop 6x7 APC or crappy batt but I couldn't get above 50' no matter how hard I tried. THe battery was hot and puffed up when I gave up... it was a scorching by 1pm so it was time to head for AC. I did have my log turned on when my CX1 lost telemetry. I will look at that and maybe put the better acting EPP RX 4DR into the aerial and see if I get a better than 15 paces range test.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,898 Posts
Fire hydrant is a large amount of metal. Not something you want to be near to do testing. You don't fly beside 300 pounds of iron.
You also mention flying by a cell tower and carbon fiber with whiskers sticking out.
Put a receiver and battery on a stick and do your range check. If you have or will do that then you may get a better participation in the debugging.
If indeed someone is getting twice the range thn time for Wayne or FRSKY to step up and exchange the TX.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jun 29, 2015, 07:53 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
4,312 Posts
10-4. I made note of the hydrant and cell tower. There are lots of cell towers near everwhere we fly. When I get time I will do more testing. I did post more info and logs here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post32024637
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccah View Post
I don't think anyone here thinks your crazy -- well at least not in regards to the TX.
True,

I know he is Crazy. The bat kind!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,743 Posts
Getting high with my kids. Would like to fly in the morning though. I could make a 9:30.

At the one spot with data. Slow, but enough.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON