HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Discussion
Help! HL Panther G turret not working at all!

Hi,
I recently got a panther G and KV1 by HL from a shop. I charged the panther's battery for around 4 hours before plugging it in. It could move forward, back and turn ok but the turret doesn't seem to respond to the transmitter! I swapped transmitters, crystals and batteries between the panther and KV, the KV is still working perfectly whilst the panther's turret still isn't responding. Please help ! I want to avoid returning anything to the shop, and I am more than willing to open it up ( They aren't my first HLs, I had a HL king tiger and a vast number of VStanks before purchasing the panther)
Salamander162 is offline Find More Posts by Salamander162
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2013, 07:27 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,811 Posts
HELLO take alook at the turret motor to see if the gears are binding or stuck in any way OR any wires came disconected.check all leads .
OK I have found this in the pass . FOR I work on HL tanks and others for store here in Portland off and on when one comes in for a repair..
IF everything checks out ok you could very easy have a bad motor. OR even a bad gear inside the motor houseing ?
. IF that is the problem if you can try to replace the compleat unit . YOU may be better off. to it that way if you can fine parts?
I have seen a few problems in the pass . IF you decide to open it just be carfull you dont brake the tabs holding the case together . inside you will see wrom gear and about 3 or 4 small white gears.
It is an easy unit to work on but you have to payation on what your doing. if you dont you can get yourself into more problems .?
BUT that will be up to you. I know what your talking about and dealing with .
USELY when I run into that problem I will do one of 2 things Replace the hole unit or replace the motor all depending on what I fine. once I start checking everything out on the turret motor.
THE gear box is held in by 2 or 3 screws under the turret. I have seen both with different tanks. take a good look whear the ring gear is with gear box your usely dont have to remove any thing elest . When you put it back together be sure you put the gear ring in the same spot with the motor. If not your turret could be off with your radio so just keep an eye on how everything is mounted inside.
JUST take your time and keep an eye on every thing is all set up .

OK I hope I have help some. If I can answer any more questions just ask. They are not bad tanks to work on.
ONE MORE Thing besure to remove the battery and becarfull when you remove every thing and keep an eye on all of the wireing and antena lead.. usely every thing is a plug in of some kind. I dont mind working on HL tanks at all I have a couple of my own as well .
DON THE RUSTBUCKET
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Oct 12, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Open it up and tell us what you see.

That is the best to way to start to help you. Sending it back will not.

Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,811 Posts
I will agree with Panther F . FOR got to add that one in . BUT I figure that is what you would do if nothing work. Thanks Panther for adding that one.I am so loose of automatic checking smetimes I forget that little stuff;-) DON the rustbucket
Old Oct 13, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Okay I will open up as soon as possible and Ill take a photo of the internals
Salamander162 is offline Find More Posts by Salamander162
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:34 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,811 Posts
that will be the first place to start . THEN we may be able to help. but just take your time and becarfull for you will fine wireing and a couple of plugs. DONT Rush it when your taking it apart. EVERY Thing will be or should held together with screws . FROM GOING under the tank . GOOD LUCK