346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiyutech.ally View Post
hi
the setup software does not work for FY-41AP with the new firmware
all parameters can be changed by the GCS 5.11 for FY-41AP
and by the OSD
OK thank you for your answer. I have more questions
1} What is the correct order for downloading the GCS as there are updates etc?
2} With the model stationary on the bench the OSD horizon vibrates up and down and wobbles. This is much worse in flight.
3} How do I connect to the GCS if I do not have data radio?
4} Since installing 1.22a and 1.22 my compass is 180 degree wrong. North is south etc
BigTradioman is online now Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Last edited by BigTradioman; Mar 07, 2014 at 04:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:32 AM
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Ally, 9 posts in a row! Now that's customer support!

PID configures the fixed wing also? NICE!!!

I think that the 41AP is very customized, but not very user friendly (manuals, setups etc). I do like this kind of system. If you want plug and play, other systems may be better, but not for me.

"1.about the throttle in RTL mode
some customers like this change
we can not revise this just as you do not like this
we will do more servey
if most customers do not like this"

I think the general consensus is that the majority of users i've talked about like and WANT this feature in Fy41AP.

The option of static throttle control in fail-safe is a thing of the PAST! Now, it maintains airspeed, regardless of the wind direction or speed, just like a REAL PLANE! Why going back? Maybe you can make a FW version without it, or simply put that option on GCS to make it configurable.

Again, thx for the support!
Nunosm is offline Find More Posts by Nunosm
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:16 AM
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman View Post
OK thank you for your answer. I have more questions
1} What is the correct order for downloading the GCS as there are updates etc?
2} With the model stationary on the bench the OSD horizon vibrates up and down and wobbles. This is much worse in flight.
3} How do I connect to the GCS if I do not have data radio?
4} Since installing 1.22a and 1.22 my compass is 180 degree wrong. North is south etc
1) Download the full 5.11 version (last one) on the site

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download-en.php?id=43

[New GCS] [41AP] [DOS] FYGCS 5.11 for 41&DOS software and manual (2013.12.23)【New】

2) Did you do an Attitude Reset?

"- Switch to the ABM mode ,then switch from ABM mode to the RC mode 8 times, the LED light from white to green, and then the aileron rudder surface will execute an operation that a tilt and then back to the flat to prompt the success of the recording.

―ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ABM→RC→ ABM→RC

Note: The first flight or after upgrading firmware ,you need to record level flight attitude.But donít need to record before every flight..

3) Using the USB cable, as stated in the instructions (pdf) present on the ZIP GCS 5.11 file.

4) I think you have the 41AP's heading configured in the opposite direction. Either change it via GCS (pag 19 of the current AP Manual) or via OSD ("Install Setting" option) to update the direction that the 41ap is pointed. Try it to see if that is the problem.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Nuno
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:27 AM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
346 Posts
Downloaded the GCS and cant open the program. Downloaded latest explorer, updated win 7, downloaded earth plug in, ran as admin, ran compatibility prog update .net, turned anti virus off, ran in safe mode, deleted and reinstalled 5 times got 4 gig ram, 500 gb free hard drive, tried in XP win 7 and still wont open. Tried on other home desktop of same spec opened first time. No good to me as I cannot get it to the field or workshop. Get same message every time

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GCS5.1.exe
Application Version: 5.1.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52b7b997
Fault Module Name: GCS5.1.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.1.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52b7b997
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00005cfa
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any ideas anyone?
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:00 AM
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Have u got the latest goggle earth installed? Uninstall and reinstalled it.

Try running it on dx versus opengl config and open again the gcs.

Also check and reinstall latest graphic drivers. Im assuming that your CTD(crash to desktop) is due to graphical issues...

Also if on a laptop with dual graphics, try switching between main or intel graphics

Dont lose the faith

EDIT: See your Event Viewer to see the cause of the crash (if any)
Last edited by Nunosm; Mar 07, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:26 PM
Joined Oct 2009
346 Posts
Just connected the new fy usb to the main usb port on the computer that the gcs will open on and it has blown the USB hub to the motherboard by overloading it. I now have no desktop computer that I run my company from. This piece of crap has cost me a £1000 Toshiba, a £500 model, £120 futaba rx, plus a camera and vtx. Enough is enough for me. I never ever had a moments problem with APM 2.5 or 2.6 on the quads, Mission Planner worked every time no messing about running it as this or that just hit the icon and bingo.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Just connected the new fy usb to the main usb port on the computer that the gcs will open on and it has blown the USB hub to the motherboard by overloading it. I now have no desktop computer that I run my company from. This piece of crap has cost me a £1000 Toshiba, a £500 model, £120 futaba rx, plus a camera and vtx. Enough is enough for me. I never ever had a moments problem with APM 2.5 or 2.6 on the quads, Mission Planner worked every time no messing about running it as this or that just hit the icon and bingo.
I understand your fustration, I am guessing you left everything attached to fy41 such as the esc and power manager module hence why it overloaded the usb?
Euwan is offline Find More Posts by Euwan
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:55 PM
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Did you have anything else plugged on the ap? Servos vtx gps etc? You know you can only use the usb power if nothing is plugged right? You know that if otherwised you must remove the redwire that comes from the usb to power the ap41 and use a external battery attached to the power module to power the ap41?

Its a real pain to have that kind of loss...damn!
Last edited by Nunosm; Mar 07, 2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:14 PM
Joined Oct 2009
346 Posts
It was out the model on the bench nothing plugged in at all. Anyway makes no difference now, I am done with it. Just plugged one of my APM's into the usb to check it and the board is fried. Cannot connect iPhone, nothing. Just tried connected the 41 via the old setting program and its not working so that gone too, very expensive afternoon so far. Anyway are you telling me that with the 41 in a model if you wanted to connect to this ground station with a usb to write a mission, you would have to disconnect everything! Thats impossibly complicated, how mwny times would it take before a tiny wire snapped off?
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:17 PM
Joined Oct 2009
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunosm View Post
Have u got the latest goggle earth installed? Uninstall and reinstalled it.

3 times
Try running it on dx versus opengl config and open again the gcs.

Sorry dont understand that at all

Also check and reinstall latest graphic drivers. Im assuming that your CTD(crash to desktop) is due to graphical issues...
done

Also if on a laptop with dual graphics, try switching between main or intel graphics
Dont understand that either

Dont lose the faith
Losing the will to live

EDIT: See your Event Viewer to see the cause of the crash (if any)
see italics
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
It was out the model on the bench nothing plugged in at all. Anyway makes no difference now, I am done with it. Just plugged one of my APM's into the usb to check it and the board is fried. Cannot connect iPhone, nothing. Just tried connected the 41 via the old setting program and its not working so that gone too, very expensive afternoon so far. Anyway are you telling me that with the 41 in a model if you wanted to connect to this ground station with a usb to write a mission, you would have to disconnect everything! Thats impossibly complicated, how mwny times would it take before a tiny wire snapped off?
Worse! On olders manuals, that was clearly stated. Not present in last version and that IS BAD!

http://shop.fyetech.com/dl/fy41ap0.pdf - pag 29.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:03 PM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Well I have found another issue with firmware 1.20+ . In these versions of firmware the AP completely takes over when there is a tx failsafe and uses the set target speed to control the motor and, I suspect, the elevator to control AIRSPEED but only if the ASI is connected. If the ASI is not installed it uses GPS to plot speed across ground and only the % throttle you set. But this is where it gets tricky. If you have the ASI installed you do not need to set the throttle % in failsafe as the target speed is what is used, but you do have to set the position of channel 6 to RTH to tell the rx. Now that's fine if you have a rx that you can program what to do if it loses signal, such as the FrSky, Corona, and high end Futaba. But the Futaba 7 channel and smaller rx such as the R617FS, cannot be programed in any failsafe functions except the throttle. So if I am to use the R617FS I will have to remove the ASI and go with GPS and rely on the AP to balance the model. This seems crazy to me. To get the full worth of the FY41 AP I now have to buy a new 8 channel Futaba RX at a cost of around £100 or ditch the ASI
That a limitation of your outdated R/C system - not FY-41's!

The firmware works as intended and the AP demands a failsafe capable control channel. Pretty much every R/C system sold the last 5-10 years has this capability.
This is high end stuff and the manufacturers are definitely not obliged to satisfy people expecting to fly with vintage electronics. You spend all this money for autopilots at least upgrade your low-end receivers.
If you think 100 bucks is too much get one of these external failsafe circuits
http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Se...g-Circuits-156

/Dimitrios
Dimitris76 is online now Find More Posts by Dimitris76
Last edited by Dimitris76; Mar 07, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:08 PM
Joined Jan 2008
2,489 Posts
Oh never mind. I see you blew up more things since then...

This is complicated stuff. I say sell it and move on.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Oct 2009
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris76;27720940
If you think 100 bucks is too much get one of these external failsafe circuits
[url
http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Servo-Altering-Circuits-156[/url]

/Dimitrios
Your missing the point, If you cannot understand the issues then keep your opinions to yourself. For your education :
The communications from FY are appalling. They make a dramatic change to firmware that prevents the old programming system from working with the latest firmware, don't tell the end user and worse still leave the old program on the download page. Then the new system will not work on windows 7 and 8 without complicated operating issues and running in compatibility mode then the usb connections do not work 100% on any of my 3 high end computers if you can get the program to open, worse my new $1400 computer is now burnt out. Nothing to do with the amount of money I spend on rx or tx everything to do with shoddy products and service.. I get more help from the contributors on this forum, except you that is, then FY.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2008
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Your missing the point, If you cannot understand the issues then keep your opinions to yourself. For your education :
The communications from FY are appalling. They make a dramatic change to firmware that prevents the old programming system from working with the latest firmware, don't tell the end user and worse still leave the old program on the download page. Then the new system will not work on windows 7 and 8 without complicated operating issues and running in compatibility mode then the usb connections do not work 100% on any of my 3 high end computers if you can get the program to open, worse my new $1400 computer is now burnt out. Nothing to do with the amount of money I spend on rx or tx everything to do with shoddy products and service.. I get more help from the contributors on this forum, except you that is, then FY.
Hmmm...
I have a FY-DOS and 2x FY-41APs and never had any USB or GCS issues running on four different PCs - 3 laptops with Win 7 and a desktop running Vista.

I have to admit though that some deeper understanding of the workings is needed to be successful with things like that. They are not for the masses yet.