HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,184 Posts
Peter,

No offense intended, but it seems to me that, comparing your model-size Anzani engine to pics of full-size Anzanis, your rendition is not to scale. The crankcase is too large and the cylinders are too small. Again, no offense intended. You probably employed some TLAR to get your Anzani to suit your Eastbourne Monoplane, and let the scale nigglers eat their own livers.

So, for your 18" Eastbourne, why not build your Anzani to fit around the motor, rather than fitting motor to Anzani?

Jim R....
...whose own fit and finish ain't what it used to be....
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:23 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,639 Posts
Jim,
Absolutely no offence taken mate. Your comment prompted me to scale a 3 view and lay over the plan in CAD. As it happens, the only thing not matching on the engine is the front crankcase shape and the rocker gear height. Basic demensions are pretty much spot on between the two drawings.
What it also showed up is that there should be a fairly large carb just below the nose - just about where the motor protrudes. So your query has had positive results - it confirmed the accuracy of the engine across my range of Eastbourne Monoplanes (they're all scaled from the original model) and showed how I can hide that motor if I want. Thanks.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kansas
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
You can referance this tread for some ideas.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=bbuncher
bbuncher is offline Find More Posts by bbuncher
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:18 AM
Kansas
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
8mm brushless motor, but it made to operate on 2s.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812982
bbuncher is offline Find More Posts by bbuncher
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:55 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
At 8100 kV it should be capable of better than 25,000 rpm on 1S. Sounds like it could do the job while spinning a scale prop! Of course being brushless you still need an ESC that's not part of the vapor brick.

Still, it sounds very interesting.

Sad to say I just bought the non-brushless version of the heli and I also just bought a 3D printer and some not inexpensive software (several items) to go with it so I will think things over very carefully for now. Yes, the motor is twenty bucks but I want the heli also.

Anyway, the little motor sounds really interesting. I can hardly wait for the Pico version of the heli.

Time to calm down!

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying