HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:38 AM
Today is a Good Day to Fly!
Singapore
Joined Nov 2003
90 Posts
Maidened mine this New Year's eve. She flew well and landed in one piece.

While she is all that's been said & more, there are a few minuses:
1) The two servos for elevator (2x pushrod) & Rudder/Tailwheel steering do not have enough torque. Mine jitters. Especially the servo for elevators, they do not center. I've swapped them out for MG servos from HK. Worked slightly better (greater torque) but the elevator still does not center completely. With higher torque servos, the servo mount plates starts to flex (some kind of plastic). They should have use plywood. Oh well. I'm still working on a better solution.

2) I ROG on paved road (bitumen). She bounced around quite a bit. My friends commented its due to the tires (hard) & no suspension on the LGs.

Nevertheless, I still think she is a winner! Very scale flights on Rhino 3S 2200mah 30C & drawing a max 29.5Amps at full throttle. I only reached 3/4 throttle for takeoff & cruise around at 1/2 throttle. Now, if only I can find a good solution to (1) above, this would be the perfect warbird, looks good, flies well & the envy of all your flying buddies.
kamhw is offline Find More Posts by kamhw
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,519 Posts
Anybody have more video????? Can someone put this bird beside a perzone corsair for a comparison?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:18 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
The Park Zone is 44 inches
The Durafly is 43.307 inches.
I hope this helps.
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:13 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,519 Posts
Helped thanks
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:25 PM
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
431 Posts
Finally, it looks like the package is clear of customs!

USPS Tracking update: "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I wonder how long it will take now? It is really too bad because this morning was gorgeous and temps were near 60 deg F! However, the wether man says winter will be here Monday.... temps dropping into 20-30's!
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, MS
Joined Jul 2010
260 Posts
Got to maiden mine today Was only able to put 2 batteries through her but man i love it! Torque roll on first attempt so i aborted the first attempt with a noseover but no damage to the prop....man was i scared for a bit. Second attempt nice scale takeoff I didn't put her through her paces...yet. Just nice scale flybys. Those lights rock! I have never used flaps before so i didn't try them. It floats in pretty dang good....not as good as my PZ T28 but close...from my experience. I didn't fly it with the drop tanks on, just the rockets. It was a hit at the field. I ordered another one for a friend who was out there today and his is in customs in NY....it's killing him This one so far is a must have.

[IMG][/IMG]
Downsouth is offline Find More Posts by Downsouth
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:01 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,519 Posts
Niiiiice. Killin me
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:30 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
Nice touch up work Man!!! Congrats on the successful maiden!
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Downsouth
Congrads on the Maiden.
By "Torque Roll" (P factor,motor torque etc) you meant the plane swings to the left because of not enough Right Rudder on take off right?
Not torque roll hang in the prop like a 3D I hope.
MERLIN
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, MS
Joined Jul 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemike View Post
Nice touch up work Man!!! Congrats on the successful maiden!
Thanks I might try to do some weathering on it later today....wind is bending the tree tops here today

MERLIN Yup on the veering left I had been flying 2 bladers till the wind died down enough for the maiden and didn't compensate enough on the roll out.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Downsouth
I bet you will like the Flaps. Although not scale they will allow a steeper approach to the field as well as a slower flight. Just check them out up high so you can see how the plane reacts and how slow untill stall.
I use them in most of my planes ans I love them. I can get my 5 1/2 Lb Corsair down to a slow walk with them. Just remember to carry some power on landing and don't use them in a stiff crosswind.
Let me know how they work for you.
MERLIN
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:49 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Ordered on the 15th. Didnt leave Hong Kong until the 24th. Hasnt made to the States yet. Sometimes I think their airmail service consists of a J-3 island hopping accross the Pacific while looking for Amelia Earhart along the way. This is why I will never use esm shipping with Hobby King. Wish this bird had been in the U.S. warehouse. Oh well. enough pissin and moamin. For this time of year I really didnt expect anything better. Really looking forward to this bird.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:51 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
how does the tail attach? is there a spar type joiner, or is it just glue?
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, MS
Joined Jul 2010
260 Posts
Will do Merlin. I have always wanted a corsair but i wanted one with retracts. SOOO glad i waited and didn't get a PZ one. Not knocking it, this one just has so much more Now if they will just put together a spare parts program for this series,,,dumb thumbs happen. I Did a little weathering on it and added guns to it. I might have went a little to much on the exhaust but from the pictures both black and whit i have seen it seems to vary greatly. Still got a little more to do.

Ryam-vertical is part of the frame and the fins are in 2 pieces. No spar in them but a tight fit and they kinda fit into each other. Wish i would have taken pictures before i put it together. They feel real sturdy.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:09 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
props

Hi all.what is the size of this prop? and will it take a 2-Blade Prop? thanks. steve.
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3