SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:01 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King, 1st order ever, screwed up... BUT...

I placed a first order with Hobby King, I thought long and hard after hearing all the mixed reviews of their service...

I paid with Paypal, I am a paypal verified premiere business member since 2002, the parcel was to be shipped to my paypal verified address...

I've been tracking it, it should have been here yesterday... I track this morning and it now says the package is being returned to Hobby King due to a bad address... IMPOSSIBLE, the address in paypal is checked against the USPS mailing address system, checked for format etc...

It made it 15 miles from my house, the USPS just wanted to hear from Hobby King the correct address so I can go pick it up...

Hobby King won't even lift one finger to solve the issue so the package does not have to go back, instead they tell me they'll inform me when it gets back to them... WHAT A CROCK... LAZY employees, completely incompetent...

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT PLACE AGAIN, I WANTED ONE THING THEY HAD, I ORDERED TWO of them to make sure out of two kits I should get at least one that is complete... I can't even get it to my door...

I get Hobby King on the Online support and they won't help in any way shape or form... I am glad I paid with my paypal debit card... I am livid...

I should have heeded all the warning and ignored all the HOBBY KING SHILLS on this site, Jim Bourke, You should be ashamed letting a company like this sponsor your site... All about money, nothing else... Hobby King SUCKS...

I will never order another item from them, what sucks is they have products I can't get anywhere else... BOO HISS... And Shame on YOU RC Groups for letting them advertise on your site, ripping off customer after customer...

And ZERO customer support... AS EXPECTED...

This sucks even worse because I knew the reputation of Hobby King, but I know there are shills and haters, so I thought I would find out for myself... I SURE DID, so anyone that defends or says anything good about Hobby King has either got to be a shill or is getting paid by them or is insane and not in complete control of their minds...

Now I have stuff I ordered from BP (which is a great USA vendor) and have no kit to put it all in... I am disabled, on SSDI, it took the sale of personal items and missed meals to be able to get a new kit, I have to suffer the consequences of others ineptitude and pay for it also with my limited funds... Now it will probably be six months before I even get my money back...
A months worth of groceries I could have, instead I will go without because I wanted to stay in the hobby I love and have a kit to build over the winter... Now nothing but parts that I have no use for from Balsa Products... So I eat it twice, I would not consider sending the products back to them...

So... Anyone that orders anything from Hobby King is a complete fool, you can put me in that category now, I've been screwed by them also, and on my first order...

SHAME ON YOU RC GROUPS FOR ALLOWING THEM TO ADVERTISE HERE...

NEVER ORDER FROM HOBBY KING if you value your money... THEY SUCK...

But I'm the bigger idiot for believing the SHILLS here and taking a chance ordering from them... I'll keep my money in the USA from now on...

Hobby king should be banned from advertising on this site, after all the bad reports they've received here, I believe those called haters VS the known SHILLS...
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Last edited by kdill2160; Sep 20, 2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Change a few things...
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
So how can you be so sure the problem is HobbyKing and not the USPS? We all know what a streamline organization the post office is....

...but in the end, I'm glad you aren't going to order anything more from them. That leaves more for me!

PS, saying "Shill" 5 times in your post doesn't lend any more credibility to your whine.

I recently placed an order with HK. It took longer than it has in the past to get out of the warehouse. Some 4 days! That's 2 days longer than I'm used to. From there, it's all EMS and USPS's fault. It took 7 days to get from EMS to my house...and then it requires a signature (which I hate). I wasn't home on Saturday when they tried to deliver so I had to stand in line for 30 mintes at the damn post office. If there's a class action lawsuit to be had, the post office is where I'd go after. In the past, EMS has taken 4 days. So there are 5 additional days now in the HK order process. *MOST* of which is the shipper's fault, not HK's.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
How does having shills on this site for Hobby King detract from my credibility...???

You can spend your money where ever you'd like, AND I paid extra for EMS shipping, and I used Paypal, so it was shipped to a verified address, the USPS is trying to help me, Hobby King this morning said on the online support "we'll notify you when the package is returned"... That's being really helpful, when the post office gave me instructions to pass along to Hobby King so the problem could be rectified before the package actually gets on a plane and goes back, I gave those instructions to Hobby King along with the 800 number for them to call to get it straightened out immediately, Hobby King would not lift a finger to help get it resolved... WHY SHOULD THEY, THEY ALREADY HAVE MY MONEY...

So, take your shots at me, I care less, it only shows what country you support and what business practices are acceptable to you... "Sir knownotmuch"...

Hobby King has lived up to all my expectations... They suck, can't get one simple package to someone...

The USPS is trying to help me, Hobby King basically said "tough luck, deal with it"...

Not the kind of company I want to support or help succeed... They must own RC Groups... Not allowed to say anything bad about HK for risk of personal attack...
I am not afraid, take your pot shots at me...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:01 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
I placed a first order with Hobby King, I thought long and hard after hearing all the mixed reviews of their service...

I paid with Paypal, I am a paypal verified premiere business member since 2002, the parcel was to be shipped to my paypal verified address...

I've been tracking it, it should have been here yesterday... I track this morning and it now says the package is being returned to Hobby King due to a bad address... IMPOSSIBLE, the address in paypal is checked against the USPS mailing address system, checked for format etc...
It made it 15 miles from my house, the USPS just wanted to hear from Hobby King the correct address so I can go pick it up...

Hobby King won't even lift one finger to solve the issue so the package does not have to go back, instead they tell me they'll inform me when it gets back to them... WHAT A CROCK... LAZY employees, completely incompetent...

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THAT PLACE AGAIN, I WANTED ONE THING THEY HAD, I ORDERED TWO of them to make sure out of two kits I should get at least one that is complete... I can't even get it to my door...

I get Hobby King on the Online support and they won't help in any way shape or form... I am glad I paid with my paypal debit card... I am livid...

I should have heeded all the warning and ignored all the HOBBY KING SHILLS on this site, Jim Bourke, You should be ashamed letting a company like this sponsor your site... All about money, nothing else... Hobby King SUCKS...

I will never order another item from them, what sucks is they have products I can't get anywhere else... BOO HISS... And Shame on YOU RC Groups for letting them advertise on your site, ripping off customer after customer...

And ZERO customer support... AS EXPECTED...

This sucks even worse because I knew the reputation of Hobby King, but I know there are shills and haters, so I thought I would find out for myself... I SURE DID, so anyone that defends or says anything good about Hobby King has either got to be a shill or is getting paid by them or is insane and not in complete control of their minds...

Now I have stuff I ordered from BP (which is a great USA vendor) and have no kit to put it all in... I am disabled, on SSDI, it took the sale of personal items and missed meals to be able to get a new kit, I have to suffer the consequences of others ineptitude and pay for it also with my limited funds... Now it will probably be six months before I even get my money back...
A months worth of groceries I could have, instead I will go without because I wanted to stay in the hobby I love and have a kit to build over the winter... Now nothing but parts that I have no use for from Balsa Products... So I eat it twice, I would not consider sending the products back to them...

So... Anyone that orders anything from Hobby King is a complete fool, you can put me in that category now, I've been screwed by them also, and on my first order...

SHAME ON YOU RC GROUPS FOR ALLOWING THEM TO ADVERTISE HERE...

NEVER ORDER FROM HOBBY KING if you value your money... THEY SUCK...

But I'm the bigger idiot for believing the SHILLS here and taking a chance ordering from them... I'll keep my money in the USA from now on...

Hobby king should be banned from advertising on this site, after all the bad reports they've received here, I believe those called haters VS the known SHILLS...
Quote:
How does having shills on this site for Hobby King detract from my credibility...???

You can spend your money where ever you'd like, AND I paid extra for EMS shipping, and I used Paypal, so it was shipped to a verified address, the USPS is trying to help me, Hobby King this morning said on the online support "we'll notify you when the package is returned"... That's being really helpful, when the post office gave me instructions to pass along to Hobby King so the problem could be rectified before the package actually gets on a plane and goes back, I gave those instructions to Hobby King along with the 800 number for them to call to get it straightened out immediately, Hobby King would not lift a finger to help get it resolved... WHY SHOULD THEY, THEY ALREADY HAVE MY MONEY...

So, take your shots at me, I care less, it only shows what country you support and what business practices are acceptable to you... "Sir knownotmuch"...

Hobby King has lived up to all my expectations... They suck, can't get one simple package to someone...

The USPS is trying to help me, Hobby King basically said "tough luck, deal with it"...

Not the kind of company I want to support or help succeed... They must own RC Groups... Not allowed to say anything bad about HK for risk of personal attack...
I am not afraid, take your pot shots at me...

Ken, HK don't and have never shipped to paypal verified (or even unverified) adresses. They only ship to your HK account address? Have you checked that your HK account address is correct?

Mark

edit. there ya go Christine... you still gonna throttle me? LOL
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Sep 20, 2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: forgot to say "oooops"
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Yes, it's correct

Verified with a Hobby King employee via their "online support" feature...

Any other questions, so you can blame me... or the USPS, anyone except Hobby King, it's always someone elses fault if we listen to you in the threads... Shill the same...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:36 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
Now now Ken, I'm just trying to help, read my reply in the other thread.

Mark
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
Quote:
Verified with a Hobby King employee via their "online support" feature...

Any other questions, so you can blame me... or the USPS, anyone except Hobby King, it's always someone elses fault if we listen to you in the threads... Shill the same...
Well if the address is correct on their system, it matches the PayPal address and it's been sent EMS (must be signed for usually with ID) then I would be asking USPS why they didn't deliver it?

Dude name calling ain't going to change anything other than some names will be called. I'm sure it helps relieve the frustration and I have no particular problem with that, I have been called far worse. Have you actually checked that the delivery address you entered in your HK account is correct? For clarification, HobbyKing delivers to the address you enter in your HK account and it is letter for letter, number for number what you type in. When you try to check out the very first thing the HK checkout system does is show the address you entered and warns you to check and confirm it is absolutely correct. It goes as far as to say if it's not, then don't place the order until it is. It has nothing to do with your PayPal address.

Again, you can draw whatever conclusion you want about me. You can swear at me, you can suggest whatever you want about me. I will still point out where I think the problem is with your order and I will even offer to take it to the hK forum and assist you if I can. Regardles of how angry you are, I would assume ultimately you want whatever the issue is fixed.

Mark... Shill here (hey I thought it was funny and it beats talking about my Donkey)
Last edited by KCV6; Sep 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: actually it's angelfoods Donkey
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Mark, excuse my attitude... This is very upsetting because the package is sitting about twenty miles from me, with a little effort on Hobby Kings part, they can avoid this item being shipped back... It's still in the USA, unfortunately for me, the USPS needs to hear from the shipper not me to verify that the package belongs to me...

I've been looking forward to this since the order was placed, I honestly hoped HK would have proved all the bashers incorrect when my package showed up with no damage to the products... To find out it made it all the way here just to be shipped back is upsetting to say the least... The inconvenience to me is hard to deal with, I sold personal belongings to be able to make this purchase... I paid via Paypal, they will ultimately givee me every penny back, it will take until october, and worse yet, HK won't get any more orders from me and because of paypal, HK will eat all the shipping costs not me... It is in their best interest to try and solve this problem now while the package is here in the US...

The customer service handling of this is self defeating to HK, and an inconveniience to me... They could have had a good customer, if this order went smoothly... Instead, it went exactly as I expected based on what others have said about HK, I had to see for myself, I did... And the others are correct... HK dropped the ball when they simply refused to try and sort it out while the package is here in the USA...

BTW: A shill is not name calling, it's a profession... Nothing wrong with that, I did it for a long time... Don't take offense...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:40 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
Ken, getting ones anger out is healthy and sometimes required. I'm not going to hold it against you. I understand from what you have said you are in the middle of hard times.

Trust me, I may speak to often (some will say too often) about HK, but I assure you I don't work for them.

Can you get onto their forum at all? If you can try asking them to urgently contact USPS regarding your order in the Order Support section to prevent the package being sent back.

Mark
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
UPDATE: The USPS (Actually my local Post Office) just called me back, through my efforts (six calls to the USPS) they found my package, confirmed it belongs to me, stopped the return trip and I should see it today, if not tomorrow...

I need to stress that I solved this issue, not HK... Hopefully the products will not be damaged and all will be well... I am dying to see what the label looks like or why this happened... I'll stop my whining now... Unless of course the products arrive damaged...

SO, I eat a large slice of Humble Pie in front of everyone for my rant, but I solved this problem not HK... I still feel HKs handling of this situation with their online support should have been better... I was so excited to be getting these, and it was heartbreak when I seen the tracking info this AM saying it's sent back... We'll see what shows up and in what condition...

I here and now am eating my slice of humble pie... Excuse my rant...
Last edited by kdill2160; Sep 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: EAT CROW
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
Ken, rants are fine. It's just good to hear that it wasn't sent back. Hope it all goes well.

Mark
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:56 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
I knew I somehow had to stop it from getting on a plane and going back, I would have driven to the airport to get the package if need be, I dislike having to "rant" or beach about anything... I just want what's correct, times are tough enough for everyone...

Kindly excuse my rant... I will get back to contributing in a positive manner now...

Humble pie taste like poopoo... Ken
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:30 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
So, the two kits arrived finally, I will say they were packaged well... No damage to any part... Both kits packaged in sealed bags... Plenty of bubble wrap... The postal worker that delivered said there's absolutely nothing wrong with the address label and did not know why it was being sent back(He had heard all about it at the post office, I know the guy) I live in a pretty small town...

So, two pieces of humble pie and a side order of crow for me... I am happy with the outcome, the kits arrived complete and undamaged... It did take 6 phone calls to USPS, but I got it done...

Excuse me for my rant... It's been a rough two years( I was creamed by a drunk driver two januarys ago and pretty much flat on my back in pain for two years)... It seemed as if "Murphy" had me by the short and curlys lately... Two years of that makes Ken pretty darn grumpy... My apologies to anyone I may have offended... Now if my EDF unit would get here I'll be in business... Darn still need batteries...

Back to fun and flying...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Sheesh....so what did the address on the package say? Was it correct? If so, it's the USPS that screwed up. If not, you need to check and see if it was a typo on HK's part or on your part. It's VERY unlikely that HK re-types any address in their system....

So please explain where the mix-up occurred.

Calling people "shills" with absolutely NO proof is actually callied libel or slander depending upon the mode of transpartation. Criminal libel in the US is almost non-existant. However, in civil cases, the record is $222.7 million. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#United_States

Your claim of shilling falls under letter "i"
Quote:
Defamation per se

The four (4) categories of slander that are actionable per se are (i) accusing someone of a crime; (ii) alleging that someone has a foul or loathsome disease; (iii) adversely reflecting on a person’s fitness to conduct their business or trade; and (iv) imputing serious sexual misconduct. Here again, the plaintiff need only prove that someone had published the statement to any third party. No proof of special damages is required.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Sep 20, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Define Shill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Sheesh....so what did the address on the package say? Was it correct? If so, it's the USPS that screwed up. If not, you need to check and see if it was a typo on HK's part or on your part. It's VERY unlikely that HK re-types any address in their system....

So please explain where the mix-up occurred.

Calling people "shills" with absolutely NO proof is actually callied libel or slander depending upon the mode of transpartation. Criminal libel in the US is almost non-existant. However, in civil cases, the record is $222.7 million. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#United_States

Your claim of shilling falls under letter "i"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
I don't think you know the meaning of the word "shill" as I used it... It is a job in some organizations(casinos being one)... No slander or libel involved...

I still cannot determine where the mistake was made, I looked at my account on HK, the same address as it is in my PayPal account... No labels were covered with tape or anything, everything was computer printed(not handwritten), I am baffled as to why the postal sorting facility was sending it back, if it were not for my local P.O. getting involved I do not think I would have prevented the package from going back...

Even when I had the USPS on the phone they had very limited information to give me, they said and I quote " the wrong number on it" when pressed to find out what number the postal worker could not answer, the port of entry is O'hare intl airport, I have an import license and products I import from the pacific rim are never held up, they sail through customs... When I checked the tracking this morning, it said package was undeliverable due to address problem, that's all it said... I asked the postal worker I talked to on the phone what that meant, he said there must be an error on the mailing address... I see nothing wrong on the label, neither did the postal worker that delivered it...

If it were easy, I would contact HK and apologize to them as well... I am not in any position to point fingers of blame because none of what I've just gone through makes any sense... Not USPS, not HK and not me... Murphys law has had me firmly in its grasp since my auto accident...

re:wikipedia... "It must be true, I read it on the internet"

Let it rest... To Hobby King; my apologies... My kits arrived in perfect condition, well packed and complete... Thank you, please accept my apology...

Ken
Closed Thread