SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:54 AM
cornwall
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
Question
paint on polly.c ?????

hi guys iv just got half way tho my flyfly bae hawk.iv coverd it with polly.c and tissue paper.can any one help me with what paint to use on it...

thanks very much...ian
ian.c is offline Find More Posts by ian.c
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:24 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,197 Posts
I personally like water based latex paint on everything

It's very easy to use and cheap.

Half way down page there are two great articles on how to spary latex. follow the link

http://www.vaillyaviation.com/Intro.html

Use interior primer it sands nicer and exterior semi gloss for the top coat.

You can make color samples by buying a couple small bottles of the colors you want in testors acrylics, paint them on white styrene. Take them to your local Behr or shermin williams to be mixed.

You will be shocked how nice they spray and look
only flat colors that is..... gloss is not so great. But for military it's hard to beat
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:18 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,869 Posts
The article Ron references is a really good one.

Slightly off topic, but still helpful, is this link for compatibility of various paints and surface prep methods:

http://www.nasascale.org/howtos/chem-compat.htm
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:33 AM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,310 Posts
Quote:
You will be shocked how nice they spray and look
only flat colors that is..... gloss is not so great. But for military it's hard to beat
Generally speaking, Ron, Flats and satins have higher pigmentations. And frequently use pigmentations over gloss, that use a lot of stains. After using the flats to gain opacity, I use Future floor finish to fill the porocity and gain the sheen. Then the top coat of selected gloss type can be used.

The future makes a great top-coat base. It can be steel wooled with 000-0000 for a final prep.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin