SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:15 AM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
432 Posts
From what you guys have said, and after looking at the stock image for that connector I think I'm getting it.

I think an update to the manual, adding the connection figures for channel 2, is in order. After all, this charger is advertised for 6-10S compatibility
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:47 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Whiskey View Post
From what you guys have said, and after looking at the stock image for that connector I think I'm getting it.

I think an update to the manual, adding the connection figures for channel 2, is in order. After all, this charger is advertised for 6-10S compatibility
They make a cable, but it doesn't look like it will fit your balance board. See CP10XP on the page at the link below:

http://www.revolectrix.com/SPA_XH.htm
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:33 AM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
432 Posts
That board with the 10xP adapter cable would work for what I've been asking, but I failed to leave out some details. I'm building a portable charge box with my chargers mounted in the lid, power supply mounted below a deck in the bottom and with my parallel board hard mounted to that lower deck. My ultimate goal is convenience and tidiness. The two gripes I've had for my 10S and 10XP chargers are having to deal with FMA's uniqueness in balancing plug configurations and the mess of plug adapters I have to swap through (optional side-mounting balance plug modules anyone?).

My construction of the adapter cable is on hold until I configure the box so I can build the cable to the perfect length.
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:06 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Whiskey View Post
That board with the 10xP adapter cable would work for what I've been asking, but I failed to leave out some details. I'm building a portable charge box with my chargers mounted in the lid, power supply mounted below a deck in the bottom and with my parallel board hard mounted to that lower deck. My ultimate goal is convenience and tidiness. The two gripes I've had for my 10S and 10XP chargers are having to deal with FMA's uniqueness in balancing plug configurations and the mess of plug adapters I have to swap through (optional side-mounting balance plug modules anyone?).

My construction of the adapter cable is on hold until I configure the box so I can build the cable to the perfect length.
Sounds a lot like my configuration. The JST-PA connector on the charger is really a non-issue. You just need the correct cable to go from the charger to the balance board.

Although I wouldn't recommend it, I believe you could plug the balance board you have into the single port SPA.

I'm using the the single port SPA adapters and will likely order a few more.

My issue is I have some older packs that don't use the XH connectors. I plan to use other balance boards to connect to the single port SPA adapters so I don't have to switch the charger between XH mode and FMA mode. I've done it and it works fine, but I'm trying to streamline and reduce the number of steps required for charging different pack types.

Also, Revolectrix does make balance extensions in 12" and 36" lengths. I'm using the 12" extensions myself.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic