SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Can you provide a link to their Facebook page?
http://www.facebook.com/AtomikRC
I think this is it Rellik.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I would say you've got one of those axles made at the cheese factory. They have apparently made some harder ones to fix the issue.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I thought that was the case with the mechanical gyro ones and am sure I saw a comment a way back that it was not deemed necessary with the E-Gyro .
Regardless of that it would take a real good wack to bend something that is in a virtual shear situation if everything is up tight
It could well have been bent even before I installed it so will just go ahead and enlarge the existing holes in those 2 alum plates that were used to hold the pins in the original mechanical gyro and make a 5mm threaded replacement bar [/FONT]
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I thought that was the case with the mechanical gyro ones and am sure I saw a comment a way back that it was not deemed necessary with the E-Gyro .
Regardless of that it would take a real good wack to bend something that is in a virtual shear situation if everything is up tight
It could well have been bent even before I installed it so will just go ahead and enlarge the existing holes in those 2 alum plates that were used to hold the pins in the original mechanical gyro and make a 5mm threaded replacement bar [/FONT]
Yea there have been a few people bend their axles in the first 5 minutes of running. ( Obviously soft )I bent one within a few minutes when a rock got jammed in the chain. Since then I have sheared one landing candlestick off a massive skatepark jump but really haven't had any others with a problem. If you can make one up all will be good. Atomik have sent out others replacements.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:35 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
I will remember candlestick landings, something that is more of a concern on extreme jumps, but a regular feature on skate parks.

Mind you, skate parks are bloody hard on bikes, it's only a slight bit out and punishment city...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
[QUOTE=chktm;23484200]
Quote:

If you do happen to land candlestick from a big jump also the bar could be bent into the tyre causing a DNF anyway.
4mm piano wire is real hard and would need a goodl hard knock to bend it but could see it happening with a bar close to the ground where the longer dogs leg length will have much more leverage Personally I prefer something that allows the front to lift and also can hold a wheelie but not over pivot.
Once the weather changes for the better and the normal 'track' is not like a duck pond I will be trying a range of bars bent to restrict the front lifting compared to using the mudguard defender in a near vertical position Then you can put the front down when you want not get it slammed down whenever the front starts to lift. Just wouldn't work on the surfaces I run on. Hope it works for you Jim.
I normally 'play' on my own (sob) as I appear to be the only one in my area .
The Anderson M5 looks to be more popular and is relativly cheap as a RTR so would be ideal for people to get into some form of competition .
I will perhaps be shot down here but the Venom doesn't appear to have the same numbers as the M5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are moves to get something off the ground and hopefully 2013 will see some changes for the better and then work around the regulations
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
I play on my own too.

There is only one yardstick, 1/8 nitro buggies/truggies.

The bikes have the capability to scare (but not beat) this lot, it's just down to the fine tweaks.

Sod 4 wheels. Give 'em hell., and scare them into mistakes, they don't half get wary when the M5 is in amongst 'em
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
. ( Obviously soft ) Att -chktm
Talking about soft I noticed your pic of a worn front sprocket .Do you run in very dusty/sandy conditions as that was serious and as you said regarding the axle perhaps 'cheese factory' material .
Did the rear wear as bad as it starts getting expensive when having to change both sprockets along with the chain as its pitch will have changed and only mess up the new sprockets
I am able to nitride stuff and may consider going this path if I encounter the same situation
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
I play on my own too.

But it is more fun rather than following the crowd and going 4 wheels also cheaper

There is only one yardstick, 1/8 nitro buggies/truggies.

The bikes have the capability to scare (but not beat) this lot, it's just down to the fine tweaks.

Sod 4 wheels. Give 'em hell., and scare them into mistakes, they don't half get wary when the M5 is in amongst 'em
Play around with the bits when they arrive and you may be more in the running
Can work around the regs if it comes to it
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
I will remember candlestick landings, something that is more of a concern on extreme jumps, but a regular feature on skate parks.

Mind you, skate parks are bloody hard on bikes, it's only a slight bit out and punishment city...
You got it right there JB. I only go to the skatepark if I feel like sticking my hand into my back pocket lol . Great fun but get things slightly wrong and .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
I'm a git. 4 wheeled stuff deserves a hard time, and I'm determined to hand it to them!

The regs will come to fruition after the Austria/Coventry events.

I'm a defo for Austria with the M5, so we will see what happens...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:31 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
[QUOTE=Jimob23;23484802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I normally 'play' on my own (sob) as I appear to be the only one in my area .
The Anderson M5 looks to be more popular and is relativly cheap as a RTR so would be ideal for people to get into some form of competition .
I will perhaps be shot down here but the Venom doesn't appear to have the same numbers as the M5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are moves to get something off the ground and hopefully 2013 will see some changes for the better and then work around the regulations
I guess testing will tell if it works for you Jim. Maybe because the Anderson and Duratrax have been around for quite a while now is the reason for the popularity. Also plenty of aftermarket upgrades available. From a personal view the MM is a whole step above any of the current dirt bikes that are available as far as I can see in their handling and performance . I still see comments on Anderson/Duratrax videos commenting on their bad looking handling. Even out of the box the MM is hands down better. Once more people figure out how good this bike performs then hopefully the popularity will grow. Also the current price seems to be still at $399 for how long I don't know.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Att chktm
Just looked you up on Google Earth !
Looks like lots of wide open spaces and not many people to complain when you are having fun
Big differance to what I encounter where there is normally a 'jobs worth' quick to tell you it is not allowed
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Att chktm
Looks like lots of wide open spaces and not many people to complain when you are having fun
Big differance to what I encounter where there is normally a 'jobs worth' quick to tell you it is not allowed
bugger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Att chktm
What's that mean? I can do long wheelies without hitting anyone lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Speaking of wheelies.
Here's a vid of my wheelie bar doing exactly as you'd want. Stopping the bike from flipping or grabbing and front flipping and bringing the front down in a controlled manner if you get off the throttle. Even over uneven surfaces. No matter what if your front lifts you have to get off it unless you want to keep pulling a wheelie which you can with this setup if you keep on the throttle.
Atomik Brian Deegan MM450 Dirtbike (1 min 2 sec)
RCG Plus Member