Apr 21, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Bradley,

I just put a new Hacker A10-9L and cheapy PowerUp 10A esc from headsuprc.com on my 3DHS Extra 330. The combo works great. You are welcome to try out my esc with your motor to see if that fixes your problem. Just send me a pm if you want to meet up. I'm just up the street from you.

Fausto
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2011, 05:01 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
After a bunch of aggravation with the Castle/Hacker combo and having to flick start with the Hacker X5 I switched to the Turnigy plush and haven't looked back. Cheap and effective, with a linear throttle response and no low end deadband. I just set the ATV low and the motor starts immediately when you move the stick.

Azarr
Apr 22, 2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
After a bunch of aggravation with the Castle/Hacker combo and having to flick start with the Hacker X5 I switched to the Turnigy plush and haven't looked back. Cheap and effective, with a linear throttle response and no low end deadband. I just set the ATV low and the motor starts immediately when you move the stick.

Azarr
Thats amazing, they better get their crap together or nobody will buy the more expensive equipment.
Apr 22, 2011, 08:47 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Fausto, I am definitely going to take you up on that; are you around today or this weekend?

give me a call around lunch and let me know your schedule, I will meet you at your convenience.

Ive found some great fly-spots in Buckhead; call me around lunch or after work and we can figure it out the details.

BB
Apr 22, 2011, 08:59 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtzemerak
I too dont like the dead band. But with my plush, i was screwing around with throttle positions when i turned on the Tx, and i somehow removed the deadband. But, it was after 15 minutes of messing with it. I think for CC10 and X-7's there is very little deadband, but not as much as my "programmed" plush. Either way ill agree with you, deadband sucks
--PvT
With the Plush series it is easy to calibrate the throttle range:

Power up with the stick at full throttle.
Wait for 2 beeps
Move the stick to low
It will beep twice (for a 2S pack) then a pause then a longer beep.

Done

Pat MacKenzie
Apr 23, 2011, 04:11 AM
Janne Lappi, F3A Team Finland
Yep, Plush is an OK controller but after trying a Castle you will find its throttle response just awesome Before I was also satisfied with Plush but since I got my first PHX10 I have used Plush no longer.

Janne
Apr 23, 2011, 10:26 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Jan, I take it your Castle/Hacker combo works better than the one I posted in the video previously... I still have not changed firmware on the esc yet, will post once I get it done...
Apr 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
Just an fyi, the MX2 is back in stock at Fancy Foam.
Mike
May 09, 2011, 09:34 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Well, I have directly soldered my A10-9L to some no-name chineese ESC and all is well with it

... I will not be buying another CC9 amp again since aparently any other controler will perform so much better with these motors.
May 09, 2011, 10:43 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
Thanks Mike!
May 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thanks Fausto, I just saw this! Its all working now... Have you been going ot any of the Early Bird fly-ins in Peachtree Hills? I want to go but those guys start way too d@m early for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfubadboy
Hey Bradley,

I just put a new Hacker A10-9L and cheapy PowerUp 10A esc from headsuprc.com on my 3DHS Extra 330. The combo works great. You are welcome to try out my esc with your motor to see if that fixes your problem. Just send me a pm if you want to meet up. I'm just up the street from you.

Fausto
Jun 20, 2011, 11:39 AM
Janne Lappi, F3A Team Finland
Hello.

RJ, I made a few tests with A10-9L and Mamo's VPP. With 8" blades the motor draws about 9A with the pitch adjusted at the most efficient position by testing it in flight. With 9" blades it draws about 11A and the performance is significantly better. The motor doesn't get too hot. I recommend you try the 9" blades, you would get much better performance.

Axi 2203/40 with 9" blades was slightly more powerfull and it is also many grams lighter. A couple friends of mine are flying with Axi Race and 8" blades. Although their planes weigh about 155g the performance is rather good, better than with 2203/40 & 9". According to our experiences and tests the Race with 8" seems to be the most powerfull VPP equipment at these weights.

The batteries that I used within these tests and that we all are using are Hyperion G3 450 mAh.

Janne
Jun 23, 2011, 07:43 PM
Jannel, where did u got ur VPP system? I wonder if they are selling the whole set including the motor mounting with servo bracket ?

I'm just planning to get one to try out and have fun By the way ain't the A20-34S-EVO is suitable for the Mamo VPP ? Do i need to modify the A10-9L for it ?

Are you running 2S or 3S with the 9" blades ?
Jun 23, 2011, 09:54 PM
JR > Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamafever
Jannel, where did u got ur VPP system? I wonder if they are selling the whole set including the motor mounting with servo bracket ?

I'm just planning to get one to try out and have fun By the way ain't the A20-34S-EVO is suitable for the Mamo VPP ? Do i need to modify the A10-9L for it ?

Are you running 2S or 3S with the 9" blades ?
Yes, the A20-34S is suitible. Im pretty sure you have to modify the shaft of the A10-9L to get it to work with the mamo VPP system, But i would suggest the A20-34S

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=434
Jun 23, 2011, 11:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Is anyone using that e-flite "Showstopper" VPP system?

Quick Reply