HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:37 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
825 Posts
Discussion
corrosion x and camera's

Has anyone treated their onboard camera's circuitry with corrosion x ?
I've just managed to buy some here in the UK and would like to treat my no16 flight camera's . I seem to drop into the ocean from time to time and it's getting expensive
Thanks.
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2014, 06:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
Has anyone treated their onboard camera's circuitry with corrosion x ?
I've just managed to buy some here in the UK and would like to treat my no16 flight camera's . I seem to drop into the ocean from time to time and it's getting expensive
Thanks.
Just an up date to my self
Received my Corrosion X and dunked my 808 camera except for the lense and mic.
Also dunked my Immersion 600mw fpv transmitter completely.
Dunked the Strobon light too.
Flew tonight- everything working well, in fact video received from the fpv transmitter seemed clearer. It has been in the sea a few times and I wonder if the corrosion x cleaned it up somewhat?
I'm now confident enough in it to give everything on board a good soaking.
RESULT
Old Sep 30, 2014, 04:04 PM
Capt. Buck
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Oct 2009
47 Posts
Water Camera

Good Day Mate, Here's my take on water proofing the 808 HD Cam. I use that tool handle dip plastic and cover the lens, then encase it in EPP foam and dip it. Add the extension cord for lens of coarse ! This will waterproof the main lens and then I add Velcro and attach to plane while the main electronics are kept dry in plane or above the water splash area.
Quantum Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Quantum Flyer
Old Oct 01, 2014, 04:12 AM
Joined Oct 2012
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Flyer View Post
Good Day Mate, Here's my take on water proofing the 808 HD Cam. I use that tool handle dip plastic and cover the lens, then encase it in EPP foam and dip it. Add the extension cord for lens of coarse ! This will waterproof the main lens and then I add Velcro and attach to plane while the main electronics are kept dry in plane or above the water splash area.
Looks a good option.
I like the idea of using the lens extension but thought they were a flat -wide-fragile ribbon type. Yours looks much stronger, can you get longer ones like that?
On the cub weight on the tail is a big issue , it would be good to get the main part of the cam further forward.
Interesting plane too- any vids?