HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
117 Posts
Discussion
Custom Built CRACKER BOX!!!!!!!!!

Well this has been in the making for the past 4 months.

I wanted a Cracker Box for our spec racing Cracker Box Class. I knew of this bloke who is a perfectionist and had one that he built for himself. I managed to track him down and settled on a price for the hull completed & painted. I knew it will take a while for him to do but after 4 months I decided to say just hand it over and I will finish of the electrics and other bits.

Well it was presented too me today and I knew it would be good but this is simply a stunning example. The paint scheme is awesome and he did such a good of the drivers which are Tamiya Wild Willy with his arms shortened . The Blown V8 engine is out of a new toy grade rc car which I went half's with as he got to keep the car for his kids. There is a water cooling set up for the Tamiya 540 motor.

Apart from the Mad Racer stickers & P-01 everything else is painted,

madracer is offline Find More Posts by madracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2014, 04:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Enfield
Joined Jan 2012
958 Posts
Beautiful model! the paintwork is fantastic.

You'd be doing your friend justice if you get take some photos that are in focus though!
BenVK is online now Find More Posts by BenVK
Old Mar 22, 2014, 09:22 AM
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
Very nice! Can you post a couple pics of the inside and bottom?
I drew up plans for one from the table of offsets available from the APBA - about 30" long, going to power it with either an Aquacraft or Proboat motor running on 4s.
Have a few other boats I need to finish up before I get started on this project though, still collecting pictures and set up info.
Do you happen to know the drive shaft angle used on yours?
Is it a solid shaft or a flex drive?
Also interested in the location and shape of the turn fin.
Thanks and cheers.
Sibe is offline Find More Posts by Sibe
Old Mar 24, 2014, 02:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
117 Posts
Thanks guys.

Sorry for the blurred pic's but that happens on close up shots with my camera

I'm away for the rest of the week but will post more pic's once I get home for you Sibe.

It has a solid shaft to answer your first question.
madracer is offline Find More Posts by madracer