HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,786 Posts
Discussion
Problems accessing helifreak.com

Is anyone else having problems with helifreak.com?
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Last edited by RC Man; Dec 10, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Changed Title
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
This would explain why I've been registered for 4 days now but still havent got my email so I can post..
Tat76 is offline Find More Posts by Tat76
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
Ummm.. It's more likely that a) your email filtered it out, or b) their system had issues sending the confirmation.

It's just a forum... It can't go bankrupt, per-say..
DarkWolf is offline Find More Posts by DarkWolf
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quite honestly, I'm indifferent - don't go there so I don't care either way.

On the main page I count 38 ads. Look around at RCG, no where near that much advertising. I don't see them bankrupt unless there was huge settlement in some sort of lawsuit and it would be hard to keep that sort of thing secret
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,668 Posts
No problem for any of us at my Heliclub...it is our favorite site for discussions on bigger helis. I just tried it and it worked perfectly.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:48 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,786 Posts
Now itís down again and I just get a Ē Internet Explorer cannot display the webpageĒ message?

Also when it does connect you canít access sub forums. Maybe they are having technical problems but this has been going on since last Thursday.

Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
I was just on it. They may be having system problems or intermittent internet problems.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:51 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
I was just on it. They may be having system problems or intermittent internet problems.
Yeah, that happens from time to time. With almost 240,000 members the server can get overloaded if lots of posts are happening at the same moment. HF is going nowhere and is most certainly not bankrupt. great forum, just like this one.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
Ummm.. It's more likely that a) your email filtered it out, or b) their system had issues sending the confirmation.

It's just a forum... It can't go bankrupt, per-say..
I've checked my junk mail and also contacted them about it but still no email from them.. No worries really, I found this place..
Tat76 is offline Find More Posts by Tat76
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Even if the person or business that owns Helifreak goes bankrupt, there are no reasons why the site cannot continue to operate.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,668 Posts
Since this thread started, I have accessed HF many times with no problems.

About a month ago I tried with another computer and it had trouble so I scanned the computer and it came away with some cookies and something else that i can't remember. Once they were eliminated all went back to normal.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoraddict View Post
Since this thread started, I have accessed HF many times with no problems.

About a month ago I tried with another computer and it had trouble so I scanned the computer and it came away with some cookies and something else that i can't remember. Once they were eliminated all went back to normal.
Thanks Iíll give that a try. I have had 0 success today?

The strange thing is that I have made no changes to my settings and it just stopped working. Maybe they added some software to try to spy in us and my Internet security program is blocking them. If thatís true maybe I donít want to use them any more.

It is strange than helifreak.com is the only sight that I am having problems with so they must be doing something different that everyone else. Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:07 PM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2010
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Yeah, that happens from time to time. With almost 240,000 members the server can get overloaded if lots of posts are happening at the same moment. HF is going nowhere and is most certainly not bankrupt. great forum, just like this one.
Agree, the day they go out of business will be the day that we find aliens on the moon lol..
they won't go anywhere, however i must agree in the past i had some trouble logging in there. I guess RCG being a big forum too might have a better technical division for the site itself.
Axefly is offline Find More Posts by Axefly
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
i counted 41 ads
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
I just want to add something here. I can access the helifreak main page ok.
when I try to select a subpage it gives an error. I have to go and erase all links on the system then I can load the page. This has been going on for a while. It happens every time I do a reload and try to access a page. I think they have a configuration problem with their server.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly