HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:36 AM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Contest
Tangerine Soaring Championship Nov 16-17-18 Kenny World, Florida

The 39th annual Tangerine Soaring Championship at Kenny World this year. It is one of the best soaring sites in Florida. Friday is DLG and RES, Saturday and Sunday is unlimited seeded man on man.
Kenny World is located at 17150 SE 60th St, Morriston, FL 32668 about 20 minutes to the west of Ocala FL
We will be posting more details in the coming days, so please check back

Check out all the raffle prizes, and buy tickets online here: www.orlandobuzzards.org

Pre register here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...oR2sybXc#gid=0

Event flyer:
raed5 is offline Find More Posts by raed5
Last edited by raed5; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Dec 2005
2,882 Posts
The Gainesville crowd will be there, we had a great time at FSS#5 this weekend, next time I think we'll camp out and stay for the whole weekend
Dave
David Forbes is online now Find More Posts by David Forbes
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:02 PM
LOWWWER!!!
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined May 2011
111 Posts
Will be there for sure!
TD Dillon is offline Find More Posts by TD Dillon
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jul 2006
107 Posts
Tangerine

I'm sure North West Florida will be represented. Buddy
gliderr2 is online now Find More Posts by gliderr2
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Pre registeration

I added a pre registration spread sheet in the first posting of this thread, a couple things to note:
1- Shirt size: We are working on the shirt design and cost, we are looking at offering collared shirt with a pocket because many of you asked for them last year. Please indicate your size in the column, I will post the cost as soon as I know it (somewhere in the $15-$20 range)

2- Saturday lunch: We are working with a restaurant from nearby Williston to provide "box lunches", so we need to order ahead of time. Click on the little triangle in the upper right corner of the "Saturday Lunch" header to see the available menu, and enter your choice # in the column. lunches for family/friends are also available for an additional $10, please indicate additional choice # in the column. The pilot's lunch cost is included in the entry fee.

Sunday lunch will be "make your own sandwhich" We will provide lunch meat, fixins, chips, drinks...etc

There will be no food provided on Friday, so please plan accordingly!

Entry fees (paid at the field):
DLG $10
RES $10
Unlimited Saturday $30 (includes lunch)
Unlimites Sunday $30 (includes lunch)
Shirt $ 17

Raed
Last edited by raed5; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Hotel discount

We got a great 15% discount off the best available rate at the Red Roof Inn (https://www.redroof.com/property/RRI638/Ocala/FL/34482/)
The rates are going up so please reserve early!
Continental breakfast 6:30-9:30
Free local and long distance phone calls
Free WIFI with no password
Call 352-732-4590 to make your reservation, mention "Tangerine Soaring Championships" to get the discount
Please make your reservation early to make sure they have rooms available.
Thanks
There are many other hotel chains in the area of I75 Exits, 350 snd 352
Raed
Last edited by raed5; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Corrected the discount rate.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Bump

A little over a month to go to Tangerine 2012.
The shirt design is very close to be finalized, I will post a picture and more details as they become available.
We have a Radian ARF for the raffle, Gordon is in work on more things, he will post details soon.
Thanks to the guys that pre-registered already!

Raed
Orlando Buzzards
Last edited by raed5; Oct 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
We got a great rate at the Red Roof Inn (https://www.redroof.com/property/RRI638/Ocala/FL/34482/)
$59.49/night
I just called the Red Roof Inn and asked for a non-smoking room with two beds, and I told them it was for the Tangerine Soaring Championships. I was told the rate was $67.99. The woman said the arrangement was actually for 15% off the best available rate and for two people that rate is currently $79.99. The $59.49 discounted rate would be for a $69.99 room with a single bed, but even if that's all you need they don't currently show any of those rooms available on their website.

The Red Roof Inn is nice, but the Super 8 across the street now shows a rate of $51 per night for a room with two beds, total cost $110.67 with tax, so I'm going with that.

I'll miss that waffle maker.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Last edited by Miami Mike; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,599 Posts
Big Tangerine Raffle is on and tickets are available

We are fortunate to have some really generous folks and hobby store owners that have made it possible to run a very exciting fundraising raffle at the 2012 Tangerine.
Barry Kennedy of Kennedy Composites has also generously pledged up to $250 to the winners of the Tangerine events in his "Glory Days" promotion. If you win the contests with a sailplane sold by Barry at Kennedy Composites you will also win a cash reward as follows. DLG winner $50 - RES winner $50 - UNL Sat winner $75 - UNL Sun winner $75.

Support our great sponsors. Check them out on this page.

Check out the great line up of prizes here. There are lots more yet to come too!

Go to the Online Store here to buy tickets.
Yes you can buy tickets from now right up until Saturday night prior to the drawing at the Tangerine on Sunday. If you are an out of town winner we will ship your prize as done in previous years. Please be generous and buy some tickets at the online store.
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
Judging from the sign-in sheet plus all of the people who are planning to come but haven't signed up yet, this is shaping up to be the biggest Florida TD contest we've seen in years.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussief3b View Post
We are fortunate to have some really generous folks and hobby store owners that have made it possible to run a very exciting fundraising raffle at the 2012 Tangerine.
Barry Kennedy of Kennedy Composites has also generously pledged up to $250 to the winners of the Tangerine events in his "Glory Days" promotion. If you win the contests with a sailplane sold by Barry at Kennedy Composites you will also win a cash reward as follows. DLG winner $50 - RES winner $50 - UNL Sat winner $75 - UNL Sun winner $75.

Support our great sponsors. Check them out on this page.

Check out the great line up of prizes here. There are lots more yet to come too!

Go to the Online Store here to buy tickets.
Yes you can buy tickets from now right up until Saturday night prior to the drawing at the Tangerine on Sunday. If yoiu are an out of town winner we will ship your prize as done in previous years. Please be generous and buy some tickets at the online store.
Nice work Gordon, thanks
Raed
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:53 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike View Post
I just called the Red Roof Inn and asked for a non-smoking room with two beds, and I told them it was for the Tangerine Soaring Championships. I was told the rate was $67.99. The woman said the arrangement was actually for 15% off the best available rate and for two people that rate is currently $79.99. The $59.49 discounted rate would be for a $69.99 room with a single bed, but even if that's all you need they don't currently show any of those rooms available on their website.

The Red Roof Inn is nice, but the Super 8 across the street now shows a rate of $51 per night for a room with two beds, total cost $110.67 with tax, so I'm going with that.

I'll miss that waffle maker.
Thanks for checking it Mike, I called them and was told the $59.49 was 15% off the best available rate at the time I called! I wish I was told that at the time, sorry for misleading.
I went ahead and corrected my earlier post.
The rates are going up as the occupancy is going up, so reserve early to get the best rates.
Raed
Last edited by raed5; Oct 22, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
ft.lauderdale, FL
Joined Nov 2008
58 Posts
Raed,
What time do you anticipate starting the RES contest on Friday, Jamie
jwmercado is online now Find More Posts by jwmercado
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmercado View Post
Raed,
What time do you anticipate starting the RES contest on Friday, Jamie
As soon as we finish DLG and setup the winches, around 1pm.
Raed
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
Jody Miller
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jun 2009
485 Posts
Here is the list so far, we have 32 onboard so far!

Raed Elazzawi
Gil Gauger
Ken Goodwin
Jim Hartley
Tom McPherson
Gordon Buckland
Malcolm Skye
Joey Melchiorre
Don Richmond
Lenny Strickland
Pete Schlitzkus
Dillon Graves
John Graves
Buddy Bradley
Gerald Baxter
Brad Baxter
Chuck McCann
Jody Miller
Mike Naylor
Paul Mittendorff
Lance Ropke
Charles Bair
Bernie Coleman
John Kennedy
Rick Eckel
Jeff DuVal
David J Shaw
Jamie Mercado
Tom Galloway
Michael Williams
Ray Alonzo
sailjester2811 is offline Find More Posts by sailjester2811
Last edited by sailjester2811; Nov 03, 2012 at 07:38 AM.