HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:10 PM
oldschoolrc
Joined Apr 2013
62 Posts
Help needed

I have an mjx f-45 which i've flown 150 + flights. Recently (May 2014) I converted the main motor to a Banggood BL. It has flown great.
On 9/24 I flew an 11min + flight with NO issues and NO crashes. On 9/27 I was going to fly and the copter would not link to the TX. It gives out the little "tune" of several tones and then instead of the double beep-beep it continues rapid beeping and the led light continues to flash. Now what's queer is that both servos work and the tail rotor will respond to TX??? . I have it on the bench and found that when it's beeping rapidly the main motor armature twitches .
I'm not a "Techie" on electronics I am proficient on wiring and soldering and mechanics. So I'm kinda "lost" If I had to GUESS,the issue might be the ESC for the main motor.
Hoping someone out there has had the same problem and give me "fix" for it.
Thanks Jim S
James Shine is offline Find More Posts by James Shine
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:53 AM
Joined Sep 2014
34 Posts
Have you made sure the right stick is at center?
Mine will not bind unless the right stick is at 50%.
If it is not and you put it to 50% it will beep and then allow you to bind.
aimHigher is online now Find More Posts by aimHigher
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
oldschoolrc
Joined Apr 2013
62 Posts
Hi Aim Higher:
The bird reacts like I mentioned even before you turn the TX on--- But as I said the tail rotor,and both servos do link to TX. I'm going to "dig into It" today or tomorrow and see if I can find a bad motor connection or? If not I may go back to the brushed motor to see if it will work.
To do that I'll have to change out the upper frame/main shaft etc. but I do have the old parts and a new brushed motor.
Thanks for the reply-- if I find the cause and fix it i"ll post a note here on foru.
James Shine is offline Find More Posts by James Shine
Old Oct 02, 2014, 09:18 PM
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Mar 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olds View Post
Hi Steve, hey have you hade any problems keeping the bars on the Flybar tight , or the little set screws getting tight enough to keep the bars on? Their driving me nuts, even used Red lock tight, boy was that a mistake cant get them loose now. Yes I know I should have used Blue! But I didn't have any at the time How's things been going, getting in lots of fly time? I know never enough
Hey Steve, check out these Dam Tree Magnets, http://youtu.be/YDZH-9XpN6E
Patrick Olds is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
Old Oct 03, 2014, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2014
34 Posts
I have a dual brushless F45 for sale brand new in box with brushless main and tail installed from the factory.

New from factory never flown.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting dual brushless power boost!
Old Oct 04, 2014, 04:42 AM
bein ebin
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
107 Posts
Easy mode change

Hi

Was just practicing hovering on my MJX F45 and found out that I can easily change the transmitter from MODE 2 to MODE 1.

I am not sure if this is posted else where, as I could not find one but I thought I will share this "new" discovery I found today.

There are two sliders on the extreme right and left (I have put two arrows..poor photoshop skills) of the radio and moving them up and down will change the radio from MODE 2 to MODE 1 and vice versa. It can also change the ratchet feel to it. You will have to re-bind the radio once you change the mode though..cant do it on the flight...

Please check the quick picture I included too. May be everyone knows this...but hey I am excited I found something new today !
ebinmoothedam is offline Find More Posts by ebinmoothedam
Old Oct 05, 2014, 11:25 PM
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Mar 2013
79 Posts
Bassman12350

Hi Steve, been out flying lately? I just came in after a little flight in the front of our park. Got up pretty high and then I found a tree magnet! Ha, Ha. Pat, good flying.
Front Yard,( HIGH) & a tree magnet (3 min 26 sec)
Patrick Olds is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:06 AM
old newbie ,, having a blast
United States, HI, Kapaa
Joined Jan 2014
46 Posts
coool!
skippajack is online now Find More Posts by skippajack
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:42 PM
Joined Mar 2009
132 Posts
Not Flown Lately

Hey guys, decided to check in after a short front yard street flight and say that, I've not flown it but 3 times since find, upgrades, rebuild and all that. Last flight was a perfect hover and flew straight a while back. It flys as good as its gonna get. I will eventually get a larger air frame, build it up, install it in a nice fuselage, deck it out with lights, and fly safe. This bird is now officially a nice toy to me because I have mastered what it can do. I went up and down the street pretty fast, re trimmed a nice hover all lit up at night, flew perfectly to the porch, landed, and called it good. I did and will not take any chances because I learned the hard way about 4 channel capabilities, at least with this bird. So, enjoy your flights, and never over fly its threshold(limits) and you will be fine. When your ready, buy a Trex, and go for the gusto. I must say I have enjoyed this bird though, just out grown it, and scared to get crazy now that close to $300 is in it, over time of course. Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:25 PM
Joined Sep 2014
34 Posts
Anyone looking to buy a brand new never flown double brushless F45?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:02 AM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
378 Posts
Falcon 391 rotor head

hope this helps
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:50 PM
Joined Sep 2014
34 Posts
Looks awesome Train06 doesn't even look like an F45!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:04 AM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimHigher View Post
Looks awesome Train06 doesn't even look like an F45!
Thanks aimHigher, put a lot of work into this thing, I still like to fly it every now and then.
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06