HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
I will not buy a Mini CP until they support the WK Tx because I don't want to blow $ for a new Tx that I don't need at all. But for those who want to buy 1 I got this promotion email from wow:
$10 off from Wow's price. The coupon code is minicp10dollars (Expires 3/5/2012). Don't know if that makes it cheaper than somewhere else. It's just fyi.
raleigh_ralf is offline Find More Posts by raleigh_ralf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
Tokyo
Joined Sep 2009
446 Posts
Hi all,
Since 2801Pro version of min CP are unlikely to be released, I transplanted GeniusCP to the frame of mini. However, in RX of G, it is not suitable for arrangement of the servos of miniCp, and only the linkage of a pitch servo has an irregular form.
This irregular linkage also flies satisfactorily...
Tipstar is offline Find More Posts by Tipstar
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Just want to report that I did receive an rma for my receiver (faulty coil fell off) and should be here in a few weeks. It's funny my lhs was advising me to stay away from walkera because they have no customer support! haha
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superglued View Post
Does anybody want an extra mini cp rx? The battery wires came off my rx because I pulled too hard and I dont have the right equipment to put them back on properly. Maybe somebody whose coil fell off could use one?

I'd sell it for $35. Alternatively if somebody would be kind enough to solder a replacement walkera plug on my board I'd pay them a little money.

Eager to get flying again - PM me if you are interested or can help.
Thanks
Ill solder it for free, I live in Washington so shipping time isnt too bad.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleigh_ralf View Post
I will not buy a Mini CP until they support the WK Tx because I don't want to blow $ for a new Tx that I don't need at all. But for those who want to buy 1 I got this promotion email from wow:
$10 off from Wow's price. The coupon code is minicp10dollars (Expires 3/5/2012). Don't know if that makes it cheaper than somewhere else. It's just fyi.
Whats up with Wow? I spend an insane amount with them in the last 2 months and they dont send me a coupon ...not even filtered out of my box
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Whats up with Wow? I spend an insane amount with them in the last 2 months and they dont send me a coupon ...not even filtered out of my box
Apparently, they know who has the big bucks!

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Apparently, they know who has the big bucks!

Chris
I think they are tired of hearing me try to haggle so the leave me out of the loop I know I can be a pain when it comes to pricing on anything as I consider myself a power user/buyer so i want discounts all the time

If anyone was curious about the frame drill out it looks like my original assumption of the drill area was correct. I took apart my mini last night to give a servo back to the genius since the genius servo cord is longer ,then to give the good servo gears to my mini (priorities).

I took a picture without the motor on so you could see the drill out. I didnt think walkera was ever that sloppy with my previous frames..
On the next go around I think I will purchase the regular and drill if needed myself, though I admit I am quite picky on things like this even though it has no effect on function.

I still have yet to use the miniCP gear so on a personal level I cant say which is better yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:15 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Looks like a college kid was tweeting and drilling at the same time ...........LoL
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliflyer711 View Post
looks like a college kid was tweeting and drilling at the same time ...........lol
ROFL!
ShaneXman is online now Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ShaneXman; Feb 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
anyone know where I can get servo gears?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Geez... I drilled mine out myself and it looks 10 times better. Maybe I'll ad apicture later just to put these fools to shame. What the heck? That's not drilled out... That's butchered. Good lord gracious.

I have not been a big fan of Wow for quite some time but this is just the icing on the cake.

Quote:
We call it the PRO version since it is not stock and flies way better.
No effin way. You call it the Pro version so you can charge an extra 20 bucks for some modification that appears to have been done by an 8 year old. If you had any kind of integrity worth paying money for, you would just offer to drill the frame out free of charge in exchange for patronage. Period. You people are way too greedy, if you ask me.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
anyone know where I can get servo gears?
Dude... You'll have to bite the bullet and pay for shipping, I'm afraid. You know where to get the gears. You don't want to pay for them. Just buy a few other things to make the shipping worthwhile, I suppose. I don't know.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
This is confusing. Is superglued also your account? Forgot to switch account before replying to mdream? I mean... Superglued asks for help, mdream offers to help but mentions superglued will have to wait for shipping delays and key bored responds saying he doesn't mind waiting... Huh?

Chris
I don't know who keybored is but I have asked mescalinedream for his help. To the other guy, I am not some college kid "drilling and tweeting at the same time." I imagine coil problem or the battery connector issue is quite common.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
key bored
Joined Jan 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
This is confusing. Is superglued also your account? Forgot to switch account before replying to mdream? I mean... Superglued asks for help, mdream offers to help but mentions superglued will have to wait for shipping delays and key bored responds saying he doesn't mind waiting... Huh?

Chris
Lol Chris, I meant if I ordered from China I don't mind waiting because I have knee surgery and won't be able to fly for some time especially since I crash more than I fly
key bored is offline Find More Posts by key bored
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Good luck with your surgery key bored. No offense to you of course.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued