HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2014, 07:45 PM
United States, UT, Murray
Joined Jun 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
If the LED shows green then the battery is NOT charged. When you charge the camera, make sure the camera is turned OFF. Cameras with hardware V3 will always turn ON when you connect them, so you need to turn them OFF for faster charging. V1 and V2 cameras won't turn on automatically when you connect them. Charging takes about 2 hours, maybe longer.
Whatever version you have, you must wait until the green LED turns OFF. The battery will then be fully charged. If the green LED never turns off you most likely need to replace your battery. If the battery can't hold it's charge you'll get very short clip lengths. To test, make sure the battery is fully charged. Connect the camera to external USB power and start recording. If you get normal length recordings then you need to replace your battery.
Thanks guys, that was it, I guess I thought the light being green meant it was charged. It shut off and I tried it and it works flawless.
UT Raptor is online now Find More Posts by UT Raptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 02:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlisburger View Post
Ok, so when I plug the camera in to the USB, nothing happens. If I push the On button, the LED flashes red for two seconds, and then turns off. If I hold the On button down, the LED turns red for two seconds, and then turns yellow for about five seconds, then turns back to red and stays on. And the camera mounts as a disc on my Mac. The disc contains no files or folders, but has about 32 GB capacity.

Solid red is supposed to mean still camera standby. But pressing the Shutter button does nothing. The LED remains solid red.

I tried to switch to video mode by pressing the On button, but the LED remains solid red. Pressing and holding the On button makes the LED turn off, and the disc is ejected from my Mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-David
The buttons won't work correctly if your camera is connected to a PC or Mac. You have to connect it to external USB power with only +5V and Ground connected. There must be no data on the two data lines, otherwise the camera will think it's connected to a PC (Mac).
Depending on the camera's HW version the camera may turn on automatically when connected to external power. Otherwise you have to press the power button. Depending how the parameters are set, you may have to long-press (i.e. about 2 seconds) the power button to turn the camera on.
Since you can get the camera to mount properly when connected to your Mac the camera appears to work correctly so it really sounds as if your battery is not charged or the battery is dead.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 07, 2014, 07:40 AM
the occasional flyer
Rexburg, ID
Joined Jul 2008
521 Posts
Hmm. I hooked the camera up to a USB phone charger, and was able to take video and stills. So it must be the battery. Any good places to get a new batt?

Thanks Isoprop for your help.

-David
rothlisburger is online now Find More Posts by rothlisburger
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:34 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlisburger View Post
Hmm. I hooked the camera up to a USB phone charger, and was able to take video and stills. So it must be the battery. Any good places to get a new batt?

Thanks Isoprop for your help.

-David
Please read post #2 (The first 5 posts will answer most of your questions).
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
435 Posts
Android news

Android news

A large number of people cannot run my current Android apps because their phone/tablet is not USB OTG capable.

To solve this problem, I created a new Client-Server Android app made of 2 components apps:
  1. USB-to-WiFi: this is the Server part. It handles all USB communication with Mobius ActionCam and #16 Camera; it communicates with the Client app over WiFi.
  2. WiFi Tools: this is the Client* part. It communicates over WiFi with the Server app; it handles Configuration and WebCam functions. It replaces 4 apps:
    • Mobius USB Config
    • Mobius Live HD
    • #16 USB Config
    • #16 Live HD
* Client app can be developed on any OS, not just Android.

Some details are available on this page.

Anyone interested to participate in a field trial, please send me an email (no PM and no posting please) with the following information:
  1. your full name,
  2. your country, and
  3. make and model of your Android devices*.

* Must have at least 2 Android 4.x devices, one Android 4.x Server device which must be OTG capable and currently running 'USB Config' and 'Live HD' with either camera and one Android 4.x Client device, both WiFi capable.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Today, 10:16 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
411 Posts
My Motion Detection Capaciity In Minutes Don't Seem Right

Hi Guys, I need to run this by you guys for confirmation or help

I am trying to catch a littler bug on our street. They are pretty regular with fast food trash and mercy we live on a Cul-de-sac, you would think they could wait until they get home.

I have a perfect setup under my mailbox that captures the length of roadside they use.

I installed a battery I purchased new about 8 months ago and charged it.
I installed a 4GB Sandisk Class4 Card. Formatted in Cam. Most recent .mov firmware and boot loader.

I started it and the 1st video was taken at 12:45PM, the last at 2:15 PM for a total of 36 clips totaling 11min 31sec with 3.11GB free out of 3.69GB on the card.
So she quit on me early it seems.

All my motion detection settings are set at the default values.

If you suspect its battery I can meter it when I get home by plugging in the video capture harness that came with the camera and touching the red & Black Leads.

With a PCB in the cam what would be the v reading at which the cam would shut off? I failed to take a reading before charging but will after this next run.

Your words on the above would be appreciated. Help me nail this litter bug.

Thanks!
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Today, 11:19 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
I started it and the 1st video was taken at 12:45PM, the last at 2:15 PM for a total of 36 clips totaling 11min 31sec with 3.11GB free out of 3.69GB on the card.
So she quit on me early it seems.
If you suspect its battery I can meter it when I get home by plugging in the video capture harness that came with the camera and touching the red & Black Leads.
Thanks!
Your battery powered the camera for 90 minutes. In motion detection mode, the camera does NOT shut down between image captures. The CMOS imager is still capturing what is going on in the scene, and has to in order to tell if there is motion. It just is not recording what it sees until the motion triggers the photo capture.

So, you should get longer continuous power to the camera than if it were recording all the time, but how much longer? That, of course, depends on how many times the motion even triggers a recording and how long you have the shut down delay set to stop recording after the motion trigger.

A healthy battery can only power the camera recording continuously for nominally 40 min. (plus or minus). You got 90 min., which seems pretty good to me.

FWIW, you could have saved typing the question and me typing an answer by consulting the FAQ's in post #3 of this thread, part of the mandatory reading. The question has been asked many times.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Today, 02:45 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,454 Posts
Hi friends!

A new FULL HD video with the #16 camera under the tail, amazing effect!

A29 SuperTucano undertail (4 min 55 sec)

Hope you enjoy
Luis_Claudio is online now Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio