HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
A new servo turned up today, so I decided to give it a workout with the 3GYS programmer. I have a couple of other cheap servo testers, but they don't work as well as this 3GY-BOX.

The servo I tested is a Fitec FS9357D. Servo speed showed 0.064s at 5.11V and I could still feel the deadband test pulsing the servo down as low as 1us.

Auto run mode at maximum speed (100) had the servo toasty warm after 5 minutes, so it can be used for a pretty mean burn in test. I left the servo running for 10 minutes at this speed. I then ran the servo for an hour at a speed of 40, and it was hardly warm.

The servo tester side of the 3GYS is a really nice bonus.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Joined Jan 2007
142 Posts
The 3GYS sounds pretty solid, i think i will give it a try.

i checked the price of 3GYS on rc711.com today, the prices dropped to $115 with program box and $75 for gyro only.

i bought also the KDS EBAR from rc711 last month, works well on my 450hv pro so far. I believe EBAR is a clone of the BeastX as the sensors hardware inside are almost the same.
jimccw is offline Find More Posts by jimccw
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:24 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Just noticed that the 3GYS is now shown as in stock at HK-Parts:
http://www.hk-parts.com/alzrc-3gys-3...ammer-box.html
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:00 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Just picked this up in the Alzrc 450 pro super combo... 290 bux... Should be a great beater Will start a build thread and report upon receipt!
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:41 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
I found some instructions for it. That is if they are right. LOL Here`s two PDF`s
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Yes, that's the correct manual, but it has some image and page formatting errors. Here it is with this corrected:
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
So excited...I ordered mines as well. I will post my thoughts on this system as well as their heli in this thread. My only holdup will be the ESC , motor, and new Turnigy 9x radio I am still waiting for from HobbyKing.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:36 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
642 Posts
anyone have any coupon codes for hk? im so close to pulling the trigger!
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:11 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Hey, I almost pulled the trigger also. I read the first page and this page. Will I have trouble if I put this on my BlueRay450? It says it has 5 default settings. So this is more than just bolt on and go? I've played a lot with the Walkera 3aixis gyros. Is this a lot more than turning POT screws.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Your going to need a FBL head for the BlueRay 450. It's going to take a bit of effort to properly set up. Have you look at the manual?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:12 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Hey, I almost pulled the trigger also. I read the first page and this page. Will I have trouble if I put this on my BlueRay450? It says it has 5 default settings. So this is more than just bolt on and go? I've played a lot with the Walkera 3aixis gyros. Is this a lot more than turning POT screws.
There is some initial setup like any gyro needs, in this case for the tail and the cyclic. During this process you select one of the 5 default model settings, based on you skill level (how agile you want the helicopter to be). The manual takes you through it step by step. It's honestly not hard.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
So excited...I ordered mines as well. I will post my thoughts on this system as well as their heli in this thread. My only holdup will be the ESC , motor, and new Turnigy 9x radio I am still waiting for from HobbyKing.
HobbyKing finally shipped my stuff... I'm pretty sure I will recieve the heli and 3 axis gyro from hk-parts first since it shipped last week. Hopefully by the end of the month I can give my 2 cents on this 3 axis gyro...
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:05 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
China just had their National Day holidays, so HobbyKing is probably still catching up.

New radio gear and a new FBL helicopter. I can understand why you're excited.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
If this gyro checks out great, I think i'll buy a ALZRC FBL 450 Pro head and the 3 axis without programmer for my HobbyKing 450V2.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:45 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Yeah, it's really good that they are selling the gyro on it's own. Because of this another 3GYS will be going on my 250, when I can decide what 250 FBL head I'm going to use. Hopefully ALZRC will bring one out. A mini version of the 450 SKD head would be nice.