HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:22 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,189 Posts
Discussion
Sophisticated Lady Plans

Ooops. I had a Wanted up in the Sailplane sale forum, asking if anyone had a copy of the Sophisticated Lady plans they were willing to part with.

I had e-mailed Great Planes customer service. Of course, being the weekend, no one replied right away and I was impatient. So I decided to ask around at the same time. I meant close the thread and mark it found, but add a note, but I closed it before I added the note, so I'm just putting this out there as general information for anyone else who is interested in the SL, and willing to scratchbuild, rather than buy the ARF or try to find an old kit for sale.

Great Planes notified me that they still sell the plans for the Sophisticated Lady. Now, there is a notice on the e-mail that says that I cannot (or at least, should not) copy it and post it to forums. But, if you're another interested in the SL, you can contact them through the Parts Support e-mail address on the Great Planes website, and they will get back to you with the information.

I suppose if there are other discontinued Great Plane designs you are interested in, you can try the same route.

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,503 Posts
Good to know. I realized after I was 3/4 of the way through my build that I should have taken the plans to Kinko's (still can't call them FedEx Office in my brain yet) and have them print out a copy or two. At least all of the ones in the Dallas metro area seem to have large format copy capability. At about $5 per copy you'd be silly not to take advantage of that if you haven't already cut up your plans during the build like I did. (dumb)
Lacquerhead is online now Find More Posts by Lacquerhead