Old Jan 13, 2016, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
and helis!
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
822 Posts
Question
Weird issue with CC3D

Back in November, I put together my first quad, an Emax 280 Pro, using a CC3D, and Openpilot. It flew fine for about a month, but after a while, I started noticing that it would have problems with certain batteries. With one of my Turnigy Nanotech 1300 3Ss, about 2 min into the flight, it would pitch forwards and to the left. I thought it might be a dead battery, but I tested it multiple times with different aircraft and had no issues. Recently, a second issue has cropped up while in Attitude/Rattidude mode. I arm it, and give it time for they gyro to initialize, but it will always pitch hard down after takeoff. If I hold aft on the stick, I can hold it level, and after around 30s-1min of flying, it goes away. If I land, and let the aircraft sit the problem returns. It only happens in Attitude/Rattitude mode, never in Rate mode. I am flying with the same stability settings that I started with. On occasion, it will pitch in different directions when in Attitude or Rattitude mode, but once again, it never does this in Rate mode. I have tested this while plugged into the Openpilot software, but even with the motors running, or in a low hover (I have a really long cable) I don't see anything. Is this a software issue, or is something actually wrong with the Gyro/Accelerometer on the CC3D, and should I just upgrade to something like a Naze32?
addictedtoplanes is online now Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
to remove ads between posts