Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
8,219 Posts
Greetings. Best of all worlds I could suggest for you - do some research and find if there's a soaring club in your vicinity. If so, I'm sure you'll find a plethora of willing mentors to teach you more about the game than you ever imagined. And nothing beats spending face time with the ones who 'do it' as far as learning experience....NOTHING!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2016, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by Alsaxman
Joined Dec 2015
3 Posts
Hey gang... My first post to this board. I have had a few EA Gliders and my V-Roc is by far, my favorite go-to machine!

Here is a link to an in-flight video taken with a Mobius mounted under the wing. Don't hate me for the beautiful scenery!

Keep 'em Flying!

Opal Beach - Navarre to Pensacola Beach Route (14 min 52 sec)
Alsaxman is offline Find More Posts by Alsaxman
Old Feb 05, 2016, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
940 Posts
Wow ! Could the water be anymore BLUE !!!!

Thx for sharing.
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Old Feb 07, 2016, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by Alsaxman
Joined Dec 2015
3 Posts
Emerald Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Wow ! Could the water be anymore BLUE !!!!

Thx for sharing.
The area I live in Northwest Florida is known as 'The Emerald Coast'. In the summer, the color explodes!
Alsaxman is offline Find More Posts by Alsaxman
Old Feb 29, 2016, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Lower AL
Joined Feb 2013
1,641 Posts
Nice, the beaches are better in PCB
This was from yesterday's V-tail action, really greased the landing caught some lift but it was gusty to the mid teens, temp 66f, winds where a little on the cool side. Mobius on the rear of canopy, white area.
ROC Hobby 2,2M V-Tail Glider On Board Toth 28Feb16 (8 min 28 sec)

Jeff............
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by Parkk
Near Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2008
481 Posts
What airfield is that?
Parkk is offline Find More Posts by Parkk
Old Feb 29, 2016, 04:45 PM
Lower AL
Joined Feb 2013
1,641 Posts
It's one of many stage fields in LA, that's Lower Alabama.
Jeff...........
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by Parkk
Near Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2008
481 Posts
Very nice!
Parkk is offline Find More Posts by Parkk
Old Mar 04, 2016, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
Antisocial Curmudgeon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
1,550 Posts
I've finally decided to move on from high wing trainers after about a year developing my piloting skills, and I scored one of these off of Craig's list for $60. The previous owner couldn't recall when he bought it, and no longer had the manual unfortunately. It's a little rough, but I won't mind too much if I wad it up for that price. I had a couple questions, hope you guys don't mind helping me out...

I recall reading about a couple different versions, are there any major differences between them worth worrying about?

The manual I downloaded says CoG is 75mm, which is about 15mm behind the spar, is this correct? (As a test, I shoved a receiver and 1800mah 3S in and I'm getting about 65 CoG with cell in front.) It has a sticker that says put the cell behind the hump, but that doesn't work.

This won't hit the skies too soon, I have to learn the Taranis programming, how to set up the telemetry, and I'm going to install a Bigaole GPS RTH to help get it back if I lose it in the sun.

Thanks for the help,
Mark
Fyathyrio is offline Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
Old Mar 05, 2016, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by Westranm
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jan 2011
630 Posts
Use a smaller battery (1300 mAh), remove the goofy pilot, and potentially remove the nose wheel, and you will find it balances fine with the battery in the middle of the cockpit instead of behind the hump.

-Randy
Westranm is offline Find More Posts by Westranm
Old Mar 05, 2016, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
940 Posts
65 might be a little tail heavy...this bird is very forgiving for C/G, but for someone just starting off I'd try for the 75mm mark.
Like mentioned... remove pilot, wheel and rework to get rid of the hump.

Here's an old post that show my set up.

When I posted that back in 2015 I was all over 2200 mah batts. Now I'm using 1300 on most planes/glider. Lot lighter and a lot more fun.
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Last edited by HuskyDude; Mar 05, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2016, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by The Flyin Beardo
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Sep 2015
123 Posts
while your setting yours up you should use flaps to get lift cause they work great for that and use spoilers for landing since they are way more effective when trying to bring down that big boy... i love flying my roc vtail on windy days at my local slope site since i dont have a motor anymore because i have crashed and repaired it so many times.... also i would replace that tiny turd of a wing spar and get some that is much longer, it will take a lot of flex outta the wings...i dont think you really need to get rid of the pilot or wheel, but i would for sure shave down the hump above the wheel so it give your battery some more space...
The Flyin Beardo is offline Find More Posts by The Flyin Beardo
Old Mar 05, 2016, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
Antisocial Curmudgeon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
1,550 Posts
Thanks for tips, it's slowly getting set up. I do intend to run camber & reflex, just trying to figure out how to set those up in Taranis now. I did manage to get crow set up for landings, and also managed to get the V-tail working properly as well as split ailerons.

My initial CG test was with 3S 1800 in nose with Rx behind hump under the wing, so looks like may have to fiddle with that some. I grabbed that size to split difference between 2200 and 1300 just to see where it settled out. I'd like to run 1300s, but we'll see how things work out.
Fyathyrio is offline Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
Old Mar 07, 2016, 06:11 PM
Lower AL
Joined Feb 2013
1,641 Posts
I fly with 2200s every once an awhile mostly real windy days I put them as far back as I can get them. 1600s same thing, and 1300s on good soaring days before the hump. The batteries go back so that the hatch will close. I like the nose wheel works great on pavement and the Pilot is OK.
I don't ride the thermals using the flaps, I just try to keep any control movements very smooth and as small as possible.
Didn't notice any CG issues with the Mobius mounted was using a 3s 1600 for that go around.
Jeff...........
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by mman
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Jun 2012
209 Posts
Motor mount question....very frustrated...please help

I've been starring at the motor mount on the glider as today I went to fly the plane and as I throttled up the prop holder broke and the flying debris almost took my eye out!
I can feel the motor is loose but can't figure out how to tighten it against the mount.
I see holes on the side of the nose and what looks like screw holes on the back of the mount.
I think the loose motor cause the vibration that ultimately broke the prop mount on half.
please help. I can post pics if it would help
mman is offline Find More Posts by mman