SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 09, 2015, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by rhokita
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
518 Posts
Discussion
Intermittent coupling of Optima 6&7 receivers

I have a couple of Optima 6 and Optima 7 receivers that seem to lose coupling to the transmitter intermittently and in the Optima 7 the receiver just quit functioning. Recoupling seem to work a few times, but its a PITA since my receivers are usually buried in the fuselage. I am reluctant to use these 2 receivers now since they seem to be unreliable. Fortunately (unfortunately?) the Optima7 quit working before I actually flight tested it in an airplane, so no airplane or property was damaged. I have 10 more Optima 6,7,9 that work reliably on my Aurora ( transmitter, so I know its not my transmitter. I used the same process (per Aurora manual) for receiver coupling and it has worked on 10 other receivers, so my process must be Ok. I also had updated (as done on several of my other receivers) the Optima7 firmware to version 2.02 and it still does not 'work'. Is there any recommendations what else to try? Is it even worthwhile sending them back to Hitec? The receivers are alittle pricey though and I hate to take the loss.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2015, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
22,144 Posts
It sounds like there may be an issue with those 2 particular receivers if they are the only ones out of your assortment that lose bind.

Let me ask you a couple more questions before I recommend anything else:

1. Do you do a range check before flying?
2. You stated you have an Aurora transmitter, which Aurora 9 is it? 9 or 9X?
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Jun 09, 2015, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by rhokita
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
518 Posts
No, I did not range check because Otima 7 quit working before it gave me an opportunity to range check it and the Optima 6, I just for forgot to range check it and swapped out for another receiver which worked with no problems. It worked at the initial install and airplane setup, but after a few days when I was going to flight test it, it did not bind, so I rebind it and it worked. but when I powered up again, it lost bind again. I didn't want to hassle with the optima 6 anymore and just swapped out. My Transmitter is a Aurora 9 according to the manual I received with it and what is displayed on my transmitter at power up.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
Old Jun 09, 2015, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
22,144 Posts
Go ahead and send the receivers into us then, we'll take a look at them and see what's going on:

http://hitecrcd.com/support/warranty-service
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..