New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2015, 06:13 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,022 Posts
Important reading about the Vbar governor:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=601719

The electric defaults are too high for big helis, it needs to be more like 15-20 rather than 25-30 as the software defaults suggest. The lower gain is also easier on your ESC.

On my Xtreme 600 lowering the gov gain to 15 and raising the collective and cyclic add to 40 finally eliminated the twitch in hover and tail kick that has plagued it since I replaced the Robird with a GV8000. I don't even need to increase the tail precomp above the default of 22 anymore.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2015, 04:11 AM
Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Joined Jan 2015
483 Posts
Im doing final setup up on my trex 500 with kbar / vstabi and got a surprice when im on Cyclic setup: Cyclic trow in vstabi. After pressing Start position, then Measure, then to my surprise i see my rotor move to minus 8 not pluss 8 as it normally do...

I really have no idea how this happend...everything else working as it show with right directions etc

Edit: solved.. I just find out i messured in front not over tailboom.

BA
Black_Angel is online now Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Last edited by Black_Angel; Aug 15, 2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by microrcfiend
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,750 Posts
I was having trouble with a 450 bogging badly when trying aileron tic tocs but could just about manage elevator ones. I was going to ask here for advice but on suggestion for a friend, lowered the agility from max 120 down to 95. It made them actually possible with ok collective management of my Fubar 3S and then lowering the style slider to minimum transformed the cyclic fluidity too.

So if anyone is maxing out that agility slider thinking above 100 is working for them, might be worth lowering a touch. It was flying well before but this really helped. Is there anything else I can do to increase agility on the cyclic without being inefficient and inducing more bogging?
Trex 450 - fbl style slider from 90 down to 60 (4 min 39 sec)
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Sep 01, 2015, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,716 Posts
Do any units support the use of the vcontrol radio? Basically can any of the units(kbar, sbar, fubar) be updated to 6.0?
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Sep 01, 2015, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
Do any units support the use of the vcontrol radio? Basically can any of the units(kbar, sbar, fubar) be updated to 6.0?
No unfortunately you can not update the FW since they are not real vbars.
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Sep 02, 2015, 04:03 AM
Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
No unfortunately you can not update the FW since they are not real vbars.
There was also a rumour (not sure if it was ever confirmed) that if you try to update the firmware in your K-bar, that Mikado's software would brick it...
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Sep 03, 2015, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by Crasy666
Germany, BY, Nord
Joined Oct 2012
166 Posts
I am quite sure it is not just a rumour, the not real vbars could have an adapted FW e.g. to work with different Gyros, so if you flash here the newest one (if you anyway are able to get the V6 which is not in public available) than you will brick your FBL...

I think it was always clear, that you will be never able to update a kbar fubar or any other not real vbar....
Crasy666 is online now Find More Posts by Crasy666