Jun 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Don't be too jealous Plow......I got a friendly reminder (phone call from the missus) to watch the calories......so I had these vegetarian burgers instead....bleahhh ... . Ice water instead of beer and the margarita will have to wait until this evening. I really truly believe I'd rather die of a massive stroke than to eat like this the rest of my day! How does one abandon a life-long interest in and love for charcuterie? These sausages are/were made with love......the cubed pork and beef...both fall harvested and aged appropriately...I even picked the acorns to finish off the pig the last two weeks before butchering...the garlic, sage, and other home grown herbs were bruised just enough to impart a delicate kiss of flavor without overpowering this meat medley, which is lovingly packed into porcine intestine of the very animal that gave it's life for this endeavor.....and OH, when they cook amongst wisps of smoke over a charcoal fire......they sweat these clear beads of fat that fall upon the hot embers intensifying the flavor that should soon be upon one's lips. You know you want it.....when the natural casing splits and the outside of the cooked sausage yields a satisfying crunch and an orgasmic burst of hot, spicy, juices fills your mouth! It's all gotta be worth it .......grab your chest man.....indulge!

Kerwin......I keep telling ya......I can't do much, but I can cook and you're welcome at any meal anytime!
Snowman, you should audition for Next Food Network Star - you've got the vocubulary chops for it for sure!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2012, 12:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Funny, when I sold food to chefs in downtown Portland, I heard a guy give a very similar speech to another guy as I was walking past the bathhouse!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:25 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
I just cooked sausage jambalaya, of course, I had to use turkey sausage though
But hey, I've lost 60 pounds and still have about 20 to go, so....
Jun 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Funny, when I sold food to chefs in downtown Portland, I heard a guy give a very similar speech to another guy as I was walking past the bathhouse!
What were you doing in that part of town? Plow......does your wife know.....that you're........that .........well, you know.......
Jun 06, 2012, 12:29 PM
Plow, I just don't know how you do it........I suppose you read the articles in Playboy without looking at the pictures as well? Amazing you are!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:40 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Lolol!!
I just don't want to hear about some sausage orgasmically bursting hot, spicy, juices in your mouth ever again!!! Please!!

Jun 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
I've given in to my weaknesses.......I love to eat.......therefore I'm fat......I used to live for the all too frequent rolls in the hay.......therefore my wallet will be forever empty as I raise 7 children into adulthood and beyond! I love my wife.....and since she doesn't want to leave the job of her dreams.........I'm stuck here where I have to busy myself with fishing, hunting, trapping, rc flying, wood carving, etc ALL THE TIME!!!!.......If it just wasn't so cold in the winter, and that we didn't get 300+ inches of snow every frickin' year, that the blood-suckers would at least equal the human population and not outnumber them seven hundred bajillion to one.....if there was at least the SMELL of a hobby shop nearby......if a T_ _ _taholic would visit once and awhile......it might not be a bad place to live! This I know about myself.....and I'm ok with it......my waist has stopped approaching my height.....that counts for something right?
Jun 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Lolol!!
I just don't want to hear about some sausage orgasmically bursting hot, spicy, juices in your mouth ever again!!! Please!!

You're too funny!!!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
Snowman, you should audition for Next Food Network Star - you've got the vocubulary chops for it for sure!
SnowDog.......they don't want ugly!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:43 PM
Snowy, plowboy you guys are examples to me. I really need to loose the weight.
It's not that I'm afraid of dying but living through a stroke is no fun. Just the thought of not being able to wipe your own rear and having some one else do it is more than enoght reason for me to start thinking healthy.
Notice I said start thinking. Both my wife and I have lots of weight to loose.
Jun 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
Kerwin.....I noticed you said "examples" but not "good examples" ....just what exactly are you saying! Heck, if we were all physically fit.....we'd all be grumpy and looking like we needed a thick steak! Besides.......those guys wearing the spandex riding them bikes must love it when men get all flustered when they realize the sweet A$$ they've been admiring in slow traffic really belongs to that back-to-nature guy, with the long hair, that you ran into at the food Co-op awhile back! There's no mistaking what gender I'm at from any angle.........well, until I take my shirt off that is!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:55 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
It was leaving the cold and especially the darkness behind that helped me. There is no doubt in my mind that if I'd stayed in the PNW I would still be expanding!!

Snowman, I hear you on the food thing! I love to cook cause I love to eat!! I share your enthusiasm for culinary delights and gastrointestinal nightmares!! But, my wife is beautiful and my brother has had five heart attacks. Either of those are good reasons to change my behaviour, but mostly I want to be here for my little one who still needs me for quite a while yet. I was really surprised by how easy it came off once I made up my mind. So much so that I kick myself for not doing it much sooner!
Jun 06, 2012, 01:14 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Oh my God you guys are reminding me of the Dom Delouise flick (Fatso?) LOL Talking about all losing weight and eating healthy but yet the words of cullinary savory delicacies being printed in front of my very face has me DROOLING over here I'm starving now !!! LOL I can just see all of us getting together and going flying with pasta's and meat sauces smeared all over our planes as we feast between each flight, then when we get home and unload the tote box much to our delightful surprise (kind a like a drunken night and waking up to find the weirdest things in stange locations) finding stray pieces of charred meats and appetizers hidden and scatterd through out all the RC equipment that I'd for sure just pop in my mouth during the clean up OOOOooooooohhh Bonus munch munch munch ROTFLOL
Jun 06, 2012, 01:50 PM
O yes yes waldo I hear you.
Snowy you and plow are good examples for me. At least your trying which is somthing I need to do. I quit smoking only to pack on the pounds. Now I quit smoking and I loved those ciggys so I should be able to kick this sweet kick and all the food I eat.
My nick name is the triglyceride kid
OK off to my pasta hamburger helper with lots of sour cream
Jun 06, 2012, 02:01 PM
The way I figure it.....if'n we ever do get to amass in great numbers........a good sized pig will a belly full of apples and spices on a hardwood fire......basted all day (when we're out flying) with a mixture of chokecherry wine and pin cherry jelly...MmmmMmmmm. Course for any T_ _ _taholic with an aversion to pork.......there'd be beef and chicken even! (Sorry Kerwin, I never serve fish to the masses.) The way we do it up here is we get a few ol washtubs, nestle a barrel of beer in a mound of ice in each.....and set them to chillin'. While the beer gets ice crystal cold......there would be of bottled beer to get us through. I'm not much on sides.......a plethora of meat, cold beer, maybe some slaw or pickles that'd about do it....course I wouldn't berate a guy if he chose to add some ethnic flare.....say a big heapin' pot of Jambalaya......or a platter of smoked bear, deer, or elk! I big roarin' fire to keep the pestilence at bay, but that's me dreamin' again........a guy does a lot of that when his head is in the clouds all day.

Quick Reply