New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2015, 04:11 AM
Find More Posts by MattyB
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,498 Posts
Looks like someone finally managed to replicate the rumoured "shoot down" scenario with this module...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2385580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDeGruff View Post
Hello,

I wanted to share a problem we have with the orange transmitter modules. It appears that they do not generate unique IDs. Multiple transmitters may control the same receiver.

We bound our receiver to the one Tx and found that our other transmitter that was bound to another Rx would control it and vice versa. Both Txs talked to both Rxs. Same as running the same crystal frequency. Pushing the Change ID fixes it, but only if you don't push it the same number of times on both modules. They seem to cycle through the same set of IDs.

There seems to have been speculation on this a few years ago, but I couldn't find any evidence of reported problems or tests.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...770202&page=42
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2015, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by notadrone
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
I'm still having "glitchy" issues with my Orange module and a Blade Nano QX and Sport Cub S - Taranis plus radio. Maybe this "shoot down" issue is similar. I had been flying the Blade in the basement of our house for a few weeks with 0 issue but got it back in the local Gymnasium with a bunch of other Spectrum fliers (maybe 5-7 in the air at the time) and I would loose control intermittently. It seems to happen when I don't provide any radio inputs for a few seconds then try a pitch or roll and it won't respond. If I'm constantly giving it inputs, it seems to stay"locked in". It's very hard to explain but it's almost like it falls asleep for a brief second.

I would just chalk it up to interference because I have had not problems flying solo but I'm hoping someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks
notadrone is offline Find More Posts by notadrone
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by slowjett
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,200 Posts
This is a great problem per se but my immersion RC power meter is telling me that this module outputs 400mw... Its speced for 100mw... Can someone confirm on their module?
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Apr 23, 2015, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by phil_g
Who let the dogs out?
Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK
Joined Jul 2007
1,219 Posts
Your Immersion power meter is probably measuring peak power but thats not the envelope power. Its very hard to measure spread-spectrum signal power, remember the 'area under the curve' stuff from school? The signal is irregular and low duty-cycle - its 'off' more than its 'on' and can't be measured with a simple power meter.
Cheers
Phil
phil_g is offline Find More Posts by phil_g
Last edited by phil_g; Apr 23, 2015 at 02:53 AM.