SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Question
Beginner help for DX6 & Heli-X

Hello!
I don't know anyone that does RC and have just got into myself very recently. I am a computer game programmer with a Mathematics and Computer Science degree. In other words, I am not quite as stupid as I will probably sound in this post

I first got a Syma 111G and then a Syma X1. Of course they just worked and they were a blast! Naturally I wanted more so I ordered a Spektrum DX6 (2014) and a Blade Nano QX BNF. OK, Wow! Now I am lost! I have no idea how to program the DX6 to fly my Nano. I found a file online that I will try to import.

I know I have to put my time in, I understand that. I thought it would be useful to try a flight simulator so I did some research and decided to try Heli-X. I downloaded that and SmartPropoPlus and apparently have it talking successfully to my DX6. But when I start Heli-X, I am doomed right at the controller configuration. I don't know what Collective Pitch is, or Cyclic Roll and Cyclic Nick. I am guessing Rudder would be ZRotation but I don't know which of the other function should be mapped to which axis.

Can anyone point me to a guide so that I can at least get my controller configured? About the most I know of terminology so far is that I have been favoring Mode 2 just because it makes sense to me for quadcopters.

Thank you!

P.S. Here are the final lines from the Heli-X console window:

Controller found: Name: vJoy Device(vJoy Device)
Using Stick vJoy Device
Analog component found:X Axis
Analog component found:Y Axis
Analog component found:Z Axis
Analog component found:Z Rotation
Digital component found:Button 0
Digital component found:Button 1
Digital component found:Button 2
Digital component found:Button 3
Digital component found:Button 4
Digital component found:Button 5
Digital component found:Button 6
Digital component found:Button 7
Controller configuration file not found: C:/HELI-X5/files/controller/vJoyDevice.
xml
Manxome is offline Find More Posts by Manxome
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,470 Posts
I think you are going to have a hard time finding someone with that sim and a DX6. You might have better luck here: http://www.rcgroups.com/simulators-172/
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14