SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2014, 03:12 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
Discussion
My Scale Nano CPX a Mi-24 Hind! - How can I remote mount the Gyro?

I took a Nano CPX, moved the board to the rear, made it brushless and mounted it inside a Revel 1:72 Hind. The body is just a bit too narrow so most of the side of the helicopter is made out of blue painters tape and a thin layer of CA. The board is a little too wide so I mounted it skewed to one side so the helicopter has a photogenic side and a not so photogenic side. Overall I'm really happy with it. A MI-24 has been one of my most favorite helicopters since being a kid and to be in control of that menacing profile in flight is pretty cool!

My Question for you guys is does anyone know anyone who offers a service to remove the gyro off the nano board so I can remote mount it? I'm building a new frame with the intention of being completely mounted inside a spare Mi-24 and I'd like to fit the board in sideways with the gyro mounted remotely on the frame.
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2014, 01:49 AM
Germany, SN, Chemnitz
Joined Jan 2012
61 Posts
Great idea. Changing the gyro is difficult.
One of my next projects will be a Mi-24 in 1:48 scale with a BL mCPX with outrunners.
Built I have a Mi-24 in 1:35, now with five-blade.
Show times please a few pictures up close.
Lupusprimus is offline Find More Posts by Lupusprimus
Old Mar 01, 2014, 07:05 AM
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusprimus View Post
Great idea. Changing the gyro is difficult.
One of my next projects will be a Mi-24 in 1:48 scale with a BL mCPX with outrunners.
Built I have a Mi-24 in 1:35, now with five-blade.
Show times please a few pictures up close.
Wow that's great. Are those mcpx guts? What head did you use?
Old Mar 02, 2014, 01:42 AM
Germany, SN, Chemnitz
Joined Jan 2012
61 Posts
The one on the picture is the "big" (1:35). The five-blade is from Walkera WZQ2, other parts of the mechanism also, some of the V200D02.
For the mCPX there are no five-blade. I hope that Rakonheli offers one more thing. For the Blade 130X there is one, whose gear is but too wide for the Mi-24 in size 1:48.
Show times please Pictures around by your little ones.
Lupusprimus is offline Find More Posts by Lupusprimus
Old Mar 03, 2014, 03:00 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
2,400 Posts
Thats a very nice looking heli.

Few questions though if you dont mind?
Are you using a brushless motor? If so, is it the Horizon Brushless kit or another?

I have a Nano Cpx, and also a Sea King fuselage for it, but the fuselage weighs 10grams. It has a MSRx in it at the moment, and battery life is reduced greatly. I would like the Nano CPx in it, but have held off on the brushless conversion until I have more information or help.
Thanks.
rcminiman is online now Find More Posts by rcminiman
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:39 PM
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
Hi,

I am using the Eflite brushless kit. To be honest, it offered a little better performance but I didn't have a flyable model until I installed some MCPX blades. You have to grind on them a bit to make them fit. The performance difference with the MCPX blades is incredible and the disc is to scale at that point almost exactly.

My all up weight is 53 grams which is 24 or so grams heaver than stock. It actually flys quite well and doesn't seem under powered at all. Its actually quite fast in forward flight. Only bad habit is it likes a lot of ground to turn in fast forward flight but honestly that makes for more of a scale looking flight.

I'm cutting a new frame out of some G10. I figured a way to get the board mounted sideways so next step is to narrow the running gear. I'm using a EasyModel static display hind for the next one.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 01:28 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
708 Posts
That is AWESOME!!
mcashatt is offline Find More Posts by mcashatt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SkullCopter Labs