SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Well a few more flights on this little guy and I will say it is a real life sim. I just finished flying in my stairwell since my wife kicked me out of the living room. The area was about 4x8... crashed a few times doing some simple flips but as long as you are quick on the throttle hold this thing is pretty tuff. I hit a few things in there (bare pipes on the walls)and only scuffed the blades
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:56 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well a few more flights on this little guy and I will say it is a real life sim. I just finished flying in my stairwell since my wife kicked me out of the living room. The area was about 4x8... crashed a few times doing some simple flips but as long as you are quick on the throttle hold this thing is pretty tuff. I hit a few things in there (bare pipes on the walls)and only scuffed the blades
Yep. This is a great heli. I can tell already it is going to play a huge role in increasing my skills just like the msr did. No fear, minimal down time. I bet it doesnt even hurt if it smacks into you.

I checked my blades at mid stick and they are about +1 or +2.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
I'm going to grab one of these tomorrow. Love my 2 mcpx's, msrx, and 130x, always wanted them to build a CP version of the msrx that was even tougher than an mcpx and here it is! Seems to be as durable as the msrx but with the greatness that is collective pitch!!! Can't wait!!!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I didn't balance the blades but, I did try another set of blades with no change.
This is starting to sound a little like the 130X....QC problems. I am programing my radio tonight and bring it to the hobby shop tomorrow and will test fly my bird in the shop. It may take a while because he has four of them.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
did you check the main gear to make sure it hasn't slid down allowing play in the shaft?
Yep! Did that. I still suspect the feathering shaft. I'm going to replace it tomorrow if I can get the part.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Just some guy, you know?
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Have you guys noticed that telemetry is enabled on your dx8's with this thing?

it doesn't appear to read anything, but it is enabled.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
. I bet it doesnt even hurt if it smacks into you.
I havent been careful with this thing at all ....and no it doesnt

Quote:
Yep! Did that. I still suspect the feathering shaft. I'm going to replace it tomorrow if I can get the part.
I forgot to say earlier my tail fin vibrates like mad out of the box. Right now it isnt too concerning since it doesnt seem to impede flight. I will play with it a little tomorrow and see what happens.
I probably will coat my tail in CA tomorrow since it makes it way more durable.... otherwise i know my tail will be in half soon

BTW how did you get to flight 24 with only crashing 5 times? I am at flight 8 and have crashed around 40
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
This heli is awesome. I've probably crashed it 25 times or so (Flying in the house isn't a good idea for me.. lol), and I just bent the feathering shaft last night. I hope the hobby shops around here have replacement parts. Does anyone know if their LHS's have spare parts in yet? Heck, I just might buy a whole new one just to have a back up.
E350 is offline Find More Posts by E350
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
Have you guys noticed that telemetry is enabled on your dx8's with this thing?

it doesn't appear to read anything, but it is enabled.

Whiskey
Does the same thing on the 130X.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
I have broken two landing gear so far. So stock up!
http://franklachmund.de/galerie-nano-cpx/

... just a thought ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
Because I was inverted…
Raleigh, N.C.
Joined Dec 2003
18 Posts
Just picked one up at a hobby shop yesterday after work. Started programing the x9303 last night after my wife and baby went to bed and forgot how much that tx beeps when programing it. Got as far as naming the model "Na" and had to stop. A switch will be added to tx beep generator asap. I should of went out and sat in the car to program it. I did notice that all the boxes at the hobby shop had been cut open and taped again, assuming from the factory. Wonder what HH forgot to pack in there the 1st time? Only problem I noticed is one of the batteries had one of the connector holes about closed up like it was molded bad.
KydDynoMyte is offline Find More Posts by KydDynoMyte
Last edited by KydDynoMyte; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: .
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
I havent been careful with this thing at all ....and no it doesnt

I forgot to say earlier my tail fin vibrates like mad out of the box. Right now it isnt too concerning since it doesnt seem to impede flight. I will play with it a little tomorrow and see what happens.
I probably will coat my tail in CA tomorrow since it makes it way more durable.... otherwise i know my tail will be in half soon

BTW how did you get to flight 24 with only crashing 5 times? I am at flight 8 and have crashed around 40
So your tail vibrates a little also. That's good to know. When I called HH the CS rep said many of the nano's they tested before release had tail vibration but, they had no cure for it at the moment. He said it could be the nature of the thing.

The tail vibs are what bothers me most. My mCPX tail doesn't vibrate so I don't think it's acceptable for the nano tail to vibrate either.

I don't fly 3D just scale flight so I crash less. I have only cracked the canopy so far.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

I think stock is pretty tuff ..at least 40 plus crashes on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KydDynoMyte View Post
Just picked one up at a hobby shop yesterday after work. Started programing the x9303 last night after my wife and baby went to bed and forgot how much that tx beeps when programing it. Got as far as naming the model "Na" and had to stop. A switch will be added to tx beep generator asap. I should of went out and sat in the car to program it. I did notice that all the boxes at the hobby shop had been cut open and taped again, assuming from the factory. Wonder what HH forgot to pack in there the 1st time? Only problem I noticed is one of the batteries had one of the connector holes about closed up like it was molded bad.
yeah my wife hates the txt beeps..luckily my new on you can turn them off.

Quote:
So your tail vibrates a little also. That's good to know. When I called HH the CS rep said many of the nano's they tested before release had tail vibration but, they had no cure for it at the moment. He said it could be the nature of the thing.

The tail vibs are what bothers me most. My mCPX tail doesn't vibrate so I don't think it's acceptable for the nano tail to vibrate either.

I don't fly 3D just scale flight so I crash less. I have only cracked the canopy so far.
yeah it has vibes..I'll look into it today. Haven't notice it do anything to flight characteristics though.
I haven't even tried to fly scale yet but out of all my crashes the heli is looking good! I hit thold the moment I feel it going which always made the mcpx last and last
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,144 Posts
Quote:
I think stock is pretty tuff ..at least 40 plus crashes on mine

We are BOTH talking about the skids, right?
Also, can you use the mCPX batteries on your nano? the point of these skids is that U CAN!!
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:21 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
LOL. This guy makes good looking stuff. I couldn't find an english translation for the site though. Or is it pretty obvious when trying to order something that you don't need it? (Haven't tried yet obviously...)
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member