HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:27 AM
Poland, Podkarpackie, Mielec
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Help!
Scanning mode and slow beeps

Hello,
Some time ago, I used scanning mode in Spectra 2.4 with the oldest version of firmware. And I had a problem:
Sometimes I heard too slow beeps from the module but servos moved normall and fast (beeps weren't fast an usually).

Is this behaviour normall? Is something wrong with my Spectra 2.4 or it's bug of old software?
Bart10 is offline Find More Posts by Bart10
Last edited by Bart10; Mar 24, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart10 View Post
Hello, Some time ago, I used scanning mode in Spectra 2.4 with the oldest version of firmware. And I had a problem:
Sometimes I heard too slow beeps from the module but servos moved normall and fast (beeps weren't fast an usually).
Is this behaviour normall? Is something wrong with my Spectra 2.4 or it's bug of old software?
Please refer to information detailing all the warning beeps and LED combinations provided previous answer.

Being "Some time ago", perhaps some confusion remains.
If it has not happened again and you are now using the correct voltage during both setup and use of your TX & Transceivers, followed by a range check testing all operations, then there is no problem.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Thx. Today I tested it. Sometimes I had more slow beeps and sometimes servo moved normally and sometimes slowly. Sometimes blue led on the module stoped blink (lighted still light) and on RX the same but I didn't hear beeps.During I was doing these experiment I was keeping Optima very near TX.
I saw that when I connected JR plug and unconnected on very very short moment, behaviour of module and receiver is diffrent than ussually.
When I connected battery to the SWITCH with proper distance (0,75m about), two times I heard LONG beeps but servo moved normal. Is this normal?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Thx. Today I tested it. Sometimes I had more slow beeps and sometimes servo moved normally and sometimes slowly. Sometimes blue led on the module stoped blink (lighted still light) and on RX the same but I didn't hear beeps. During I was doing these experiment I was keeping Optima very near TX. I saw that when I connected JR plug and unconnected on very very short moment, behaviour of module and receiver is diffrent than ussually. When I connected battery to the SWITCH with proper distance (0,75m about), two times I heard LONG beeps but servo moved normal. Is this normal?
There is absolutely no point in your continued experiments with incorrect procedures and then posting anywhere on the interent that you have a "problem" or asking "is it normal".
Of course abnormal situations arise when correct procedures have not been followed, this with every known RC system.

Again, please reread all the information provided in previous answers,
use only the correct procedure regarding both separation of the units and minimum voltage under load.
making sure ID Setup is complete before cycling the power -
Do Not "when I connected JR plug and unconnected on very very short moment" these types of experiment lead to damage
- use the switch harness provided to ensure not only correct polarity but make it easier to cycle the power on/off.
Cycling power to quickly is no different to turning your computer on/off very quickly - does not power up nor shut down properly.

Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
I know that these tests can be dangerous but I sometimes have too long beeps or first beep when I connected battery with switcher, in proper distance and after proper binding. So far, I noticed that the servos are moving normally after this situation. Should I be worried about this?
Please help!
And second question. Sometimes when I turn on the Optima very near module, blue LED on Spectra and RX stop blinking but I dont't hear beeps. Sometimes servo moves slowly and after few second module has a very long beep. Is this normal?
Last edited by Bart10; Mar 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
I have done some tests recently. In scan mode I have slow beeps when I keep RX in specific place (about 1m to TX and at a specific angle relative to the antenna). I don't understand anything. Sometimes servo move slowly after these slow beeps. This situation is in every modules or in only my? I link 5 times with 6,8 V in proper distance from module to receiver. Please help!

Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
I have done some tests recently. In scan mode I have slow beeps when I keep RX in specific place (about 1m to TX and at a specific angle relative to the antenna). I don't understand anything. Sometimes servo move slowly after these slow beeps. This situation is in every modules or in only my? I link 5 times with 6,8 V in proper distance from module to receiver. Please help!
Please refer back to the first sentence in post #4 above, why do you continue
to try and find fault with your system?
Nobody can ever give a full service check or diagnosis over the internet.
If in any doubt at all, pack your transmitter and transceivers/receivers and send package into
your service centre for a full check and suggest an update to the latest firmware in each unit.

Situation pictured can be achieved with all known systems by anybody swamping
the transceiver at such close range, especially if indoors.
You would not fly at that range. As mentioned previously,
"Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual - then Rebind.
...(Switched between Normal <> Scan mode with power off before process completed). "
on FAQ page may also be a reason in this instance.
1. Use Scan mode for re-allocation of frequencies to suit your field.
2. Change back to and use Normal Mode for everyday flying.
3. Range check, are all functions operating at 90<100ft

These questions have all been answered previously, please re-read the information available under:
. AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ
. "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures "
. "Receiver Operating Range, Range Test & Range Problem Solving"
and more below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Thank you . You wrote: "Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual - then Rebind." I have to ask you- rebind when servo very often move slowly when I turn on RX before flight or when I've got "swamping" and servo move slower because I turn on receiver in too short distance? I saw that when I've got these slow beeps with Optima 7, servos sometimes move slowly but after some time they start move normally. But when I've got slow beeps with Optima 6 Lite, servo moves slowly but it started move normally only two times. It usually moves slow all the time. I bound in different ways, etc. from 1m Tx to Rx, from 2m Tx to Rx. Is this normal effect of swamping or maybe is my Optima 6 Lite broke? Please help!

Edit: One time when I turned on my Optima 6 Lite beeps were longer than usual, servos moved normally. I kept Tx about 3m to Rx and it was indoor. You wrote "swamping the transceiver at such close range, especially if indoors." So is this situation normal indoor but with proper distance?
Last edited by Bart10; Mar 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Hi Alan!
Sometimes I've got "swamping" in scan mode (beeps in the module are longer than usual). After these slow beeps servo sometimes jitter but after few second it begin to move normally. But in the old Optima 6 Lite servo sometimes (60%) begin move normally and in my new Optima 6 Lite (some oryginal firmware, maybe other than 2.02) and Optima 7 with f.v.2.02 it always begin to move normally. When I had original firmware in the old one servo NEVER began to start quickly. So maybe my second Optima 6 Lite is broken?

This video (problem is in 0:21)sometimes servo begin move normally but in the Optima 7 and the new Optima 6 Lite servo always begin move normally. These alow beeps are very rarely.

Optima 6 scan mode problem (0 min 40 sec)

I know that I should send it to service but I want to get a help from you.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Hi Alan!
Sometimes I've got "swamping" in scan mode (beeps in the module are longer than usual). After these slow beeps servo sometimes jitter but after few second it begin to move normally. But in the old Optima 6 Lite servo sometimes (60%) begin move normally and in my new Optima 6 Lite (some oryginal firmware, maybe other than 2.02) and Optima 7 with f.v.2.02 it always begin to move normally. When I had original firmware in the old one servo NEVER began to start quickly. So maybe my second Optima 6 Lite is broken?
This video (problem is in 0:21)sometimes servo begin move normally but in the Optima 7 and the new Optima 6 Lite servo always begin move normally. These alow beeps are very rarely.
I know that I should send it to service but I want to get a help from you.
This after previous answers to posts and emails as well as most recent answer to similar question on other thread "2. Get rid of firmware version 1.01 on your module and use version 3.01. It makes no sense, to use the latest version on receiver and the oldest version on the module. "

Can not assist any further. If after updating all your units to latest possible firmware and a "problem" still exists, then please re-read and take action as in first paragraph post #7 above "

Alan T.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post

Can not assist any further. If after updating all your units to latest possible firmware and a "problem" still exists,
Problem is only in scan mode, so I haven't got its in the latest firmware version.
Old May 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Hello!
I have sent this Optima 6 Lite to service and I have got a new one. But I have the other problem with this receiver. When I'm in Scan Mode, I sometimes have to wait longer than usual for hear beeps form module. This is happen in my every RXs but in this one, I sometimes have to wait longer than in my other receivers for hear beeps. Is this normal? I hope that I get an advice from You, Alan. Sometimes after this longer waiting time I have "swamping" but this situation happens only in my new O6 Lite. I don't want to send it to service again and I'm very worried!
Plaease help!!!

Note: I very rarely have this situation (longer waiting time) when I turn off and turn on new Optima after "swamping".
Last edited by Bart10; May 20, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Scan mode has to set the new channels so can take a few seconds to link. As suggested, you should update to the latest module firmware or at least switch back to Normal mode and most likely all your problems will go away!!!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry