SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2011, 07:06 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Help!
CNC Upgrade for Wasp V3 CCPM 6ch Heli

Hi,

Recently I purchased a CNC upgrade kit for my Wasp V3 CCPM 6ch heli. The CNC upgrade kit (200SE GF WH3-045) arrived with very poor instructions and I'm hoping someone can provide some additional info.

Basically I've managed to assemble it successfully (i think)...but am unsure what is the best push-rod lengths etc... to start with. Is anyone able to share their experience with this upgrade kit and suggest a good starting point to get this upgrade installed and configured?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark
markf007 is offline Find More Posts by markf007
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:16 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markf007 View Post
Hi,

Recently I purchased a CNC upgrade kit for my Wasp V3 CCPM 6ch heli. The CNC upgrade kit (200SE GF WH3-045) arrived with very poor instructions and I'm hoping someone can provide some additional info.

Basically I've managed to assemble it successfully (i think)...but am unsure what is the best push-rod lengths etc... to start with. Is anyone able to share their experience with this upgrade kit and suggest a good starting point to get this upgrade installed and configured?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark
You can go to the downloads section of the factory website to get instructions, including the measurements for the servo and connector rods
that are exactly the same measurements the factory uses to set them up.

Download them here

I would check both the manuals for the V4 Belt 250 Metal Head and the V3 CCPM

download V4 Belt250 here

download the V3 CCPM here

Here is a link to a great picture of the Assembled Metal Head

Hope that helps

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:08 AM
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
What have I done wrong? Any suggestions?

Looking for suggestions...After assembly of the CNC head assembly the whole head is sitting very low on the main shaft. Low enough for the bolts that hold the main rotor to touch the rear servo guide.

Refer to attached photo.

Please help...Any suggestions?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
OK I think I solved it. The main shaft that came with the CNC upgrade kit was 79mm. I had another main shaft that originally came with the Heli that was 80mm and fitting that back onto the Heli has resolved the issue.

Is the 80mm main shaft the correct one? or should it be something else? Basically how do I know which main shaft length I should be using?

I saw one on the skyartec web site that was 81mm.
Last edited by markf007; Feb 23, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markf007 View Post
OK I think I solved it. The main shaft that came with the CNC upgrade kit was 79mm. I had another main shaft that originally came with the Heli that was 80mm and fitting that back onto the Heli has resolved the issue.

Is the 80mm main shaft the correct one? or should it be something else? Basically how do I know which main shaft length I should be using?

I saw one on the skyartec web site that was 81mm.
Yes, Main Shafts are available in several lengths depending on the make and model of your helicopter. No more 1 size fits all.

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:19 PM
uk
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
hi there

did you change the electric motor as well? i did the upgrade on my wasp v3 but now there is not enough power to lift off.. i used belt 250 instructions, managed to level the swashplate.

makes it light on skids but thats all. battery fully charged.

Lauri
sahtlinurk is offline Find More Posts by sahtlinurk
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:32 AM
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
About Motor Pinion Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahtlinurk View Post
hi there

did you change the electric motor as well? i did the upgrade on my wasp v3 but now there is not enough power to lift off.. i used belt 250 instructions, managed to level the swashplate.

makes it light on skids but thats all. battery fully charged.

Lauri
according to the factory the pinion gear on the motor is different for the V3 Plastic head at 7.4 volt and the metal head on the V4 with 11.1 volt
(also the V3 with metal head)
Main Gear on both has 120 teeth.
7.4V= 7.4V X 4500KV / 120T/14T~16T = 3300 RPM~3774 RPM
11.1V= 11.1V X 4500KV / 120T/10T~12T = 3500 RPM ~ 4200 RPM

We also recommend moving to the 11.1 volt battery, but you will need a larger capacity ESC (like 18 -25amp)

However you should get lift off. But the work being done by the motor will take more current from the battery, thus you will have shorter flying time.
Check the pitch on the main blades as I think you need slightly more pitch at the top end of the throttle. Skyartec has SOP manuals that show the measurements and metrics to configure each helicopter model head. For this upgrade, look at the V4 metal head SOP. You will find them here:

Skyartec Helicopter Manuals on Setup

Setup Manual for Metal Head

Hope that helps

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
21 Posts
Hi Lauri,

In my case no changes were made to the gearing. I just had to get the pitch of the main blades correct. Once adjusted lift off was not an issue.

Also I'm unsure whether it was the CNC upgrade but my flying skills got better. I'm now able to hover nose out, nose right and nose left. Still struggling with nose in but hopefully that will come to me soon.

Regards,
Mark
Last edited by markf007; Mar 30, 2011 at 02:07 AM.