SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Do like the idea of a proper IR camera set up. That would be cool.
I have looked at FLIR cameras and though the prices have come down substantially they are still a bit pricey for recreational FPV.

Whist the FLIR is still out of reach... I ordered a CCTV camera with CS lens a few says ago. It comes with a larger lens than your average FPV board camera and the spec are already very impressive. But I can also use another larger lens which will substantially improve night performance.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...rd-Camera.html

-Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:02 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unialfred View Post
My rear left hand side motor keeps shutting off. any ideas why? could it be the temperature? or a loose connection somewhere?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opAr0...ature=youtu.be
I know your using a Lipo, but make sure all your ESC's are set to Nimah (this only applies to quads etc) this prevents LVC shut off, which is the last thing you want with one these as they don't glide too well..
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:04 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
I have looked at FLIR cameras and though the prices have come down substantially they are still a bit pricey for recreational FPV.

Whist the FLIR is still out of reach... I ordered a CCTV camera with CS lens a few says ago. It comes with a larger lens than your average FPV board camera and the spec are already very impressive. But I can also use another larger lens which will substantially improve night performance.

-Angelos
I've been thinking about this since the word go as well, their getting smaller and cheaper. I almost bought one that supposedly came off a BMW as a nit driving camera that sits in the front bumper. Looked just the ticket but I was outbid in the dying seconds to a man whom seemed very keen to win it (he bid 1500). This is though more for my heating surveying with my quad than recreation RC but it wouldn't mean I couldn't burrow it from time to time, I should imagine it would be amazing for your night sorties!

CJ
Carlos230023 is online now Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:03 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,537 Posts
Hey CJ, I was thinking of trying to Maiden the Easy Star 2 this weekend. I figured that I may be cold but the wind is very low, it may be the best I get for a while so I might as well go for it. Are you around this weekend at all?

I've spotted the strip you use (using bing maps, you can see cars and planes parked up!), what's the score here? Is it a club that needs paying or just permission from someone? I figure I should use regular rc airspace rather than somewhere random. Theres also a strip on common land in Newport Pagnel if Stony is a problem to access.

My plan (if no one is around to help) is to just glide the plane by hand to check the trims, would that be enough/right way to do it before I try powered flight?

Ta
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:12 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Hey CJ, I was thinking of trying to Maiden the Easy Star 2 this weekend. I figured that I may be cold but the wind is very low, it may be the best I get for a while so I might as well go for it. Are you around this weekend at all?

I've spotted the strip you use (using bing maps, you can see cars and planes parked up!), what's the score here? Is it a club that needs paying or just permission from someone? I figure I should use regular rc airspace rather than somewhere random. Theres also a strip on common land in Newport Pagnel if Stony is a problem to access.

My plan (if no one is around to help) is to just glide the plane by hand to check the trims, would that be enough/right way to do it before I try powered flight?

Ta

Good luck Wayne, good weekend to maiden.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:13 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post

-Angelos
Looks like an interesting camera. Look forward to reading your findings on it.
Last edited by mudlark; Feb 11, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:13 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
and now for something slightly different.

EPIC FPV ! Majestic Rocky Mountains from Birds Eye View (6 min 3 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:18 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
damn,,, this bloody internet is getting too clever.
After reading this page and then jumping onto youtube.
What do I see but an add for a FLIR handheld IR camera.
It knows what your thinking ??!!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
lol oh yeah, my missus gets really pissed off when she's on her girlie websites that are smattered with hobby king ad's :P.

CJ
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:02 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post

Ta

If you don't have ailerons set up yet then put the rudder on the aileron channel

If you want you can hand-glide it - run underneath the plane and let go with a gentle push up, then catch it again as it may stall and hit the deck before you flown it

If the CG is in the right place I'm sure she'll fly just fine

The best tip multiplex give is not to feel you have to try and bring the plane back to you - a good landing is better than a close landing!

TBH just go into powered flight I'm sure you'll be OK. if you can fly heli/quad then easy star will be simples

Don't worry about it too much. Elapor reshapes easily with steam/hot water and chunks glue back on really nicely
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:20 AM
Happy Days
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Perhaps get CJ to test fly it for you first. Best to get some-one to sort it out first.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,714 Posts
We've scheduled for next Sunday. I'll get'er trimmed out and flying true. Then we'll get Wayne bombing about FPV and LOS before he knows it :P.

CJ
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Bit far to travel Wayne but I'll be flying in the morning (if its not to bloody cold like today).
Welcome to come over and get some hands on time with one of our projects trainers and if you need help with your E* - no problem!
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Bit far to travel Wayne but I'll be flying in the morning (if its not to bloody cold like today).
Welcome to come over and get some hands on time with one of our projects trainers and if you need help with your E* - no problem!
What sort of time are will you be at Richmond park?

So many offers of help, this is a truly great community! Thanks for everyone's online advice too, I'm taking it all in...
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Oh, anytime. I'll most likely fly all day, got a day pass from the wife
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite