Hi all,

This is my first post !

I'm the process of buying a new/my first heli, I narrowed my choices to the

Protech Helixx for 125
http://www.protech.be/html/heli.html

and the

Venom Night Ranger II for 170
http://www.venom-group.com/product/a...night_ranger_2

Those are the ones easily available on my local hobby shop.

Both have, in my opinion, good and bad things.

I probably use the heli inside much of the time, so the Helixx is better for that, but for the price difference, I'm tempted to go for the Venom.

But I do thing that the radio of the Helixx is better, and the might be an advantage.

I will also fly using AeroFly Professional Deluxe.

Also, I could pick Venom and do some training on the simulator, but Helixx is far more easier to fly right out of the box. Besides I do not like the looks of the Helixx (double rotor blades)...

Help me decide which one to pick. Please do not make my life hard by suggesting other models...

Thank you very much indeed.
toiosoiovoio is offline Find More Posts by toiosoiovoio
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2007
1,237 Posts
Well, I'm trying to avoid recommending a different heli... so here goes...

If I had to choose between those two, and I was wanting to really get into heli flying... I'd go with the night ranger... *coughgetahoneybeefpmk3cough*... sorry.... where was I? Oh yeah.. You should also get a simple simulator controller (look on ebay for an "esky simulator") and download FMS. If you do that, and follow RADDS guide, you should be well on your way to flying helis.

If you just want something that you can pop in the air and fly in yoru living room... go with the coaxial heli, but you wont learn much more than the basic orientations.
hurleybt is offline Find More Posts by hurleybt
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Ide get the coax first but not the one your wanting because i have one similar and its not easy to get parts for, even blades i have to order. The eflite blade CX2 is what ide sugest, or the lama.

Heres the deal, you may not want to get a coax first but they are easier to learn on and fly slow enough to recover from. If you get one thats popular like the lama or the blade you can then resell it for close to what you gave (as long as its not trashed) and then move up to an FP.

Most of the popular helis can be resold for lmost what you gave. If you get some odd duck like the dynam and the night ranger you will have a harder time getting any of your money back when you are ready to move up.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:02 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,565 Posts
If you want to be flying in minutes get the coax. But if you want to fly a real rc heli then minimum is a fixed pitch. CCPM is even better. But for both it will take you weeks to be able fly around and perhaps just hover.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:41 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I found my CP to be just as easy to fly as my FPs but in a crash alot more cost for parts.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:19 AM
Mark S
Joined Jul 2007
99 Posts
Start with the Helixx. That will tell you if you really like the hobby or not, for less money. Then you can go from that to a FP or CCPM model, and you'll have the benefit of having learned basic orientation.

I started with a CCPM model, and I'm struggling with orientation still. I am tempted to go back and get a coax heli for indoors fun and orientation practice.
old_skul is offline Find More Posts by old_skul