HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:40 AM
Old Wood
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2013
15 Posts
Discussion
RCM Plans Service back in business?

I see that their web page has been updated and say they are under new management and back in operation. Does anyone have a confirmation on this. I don't want to order plans until I'm sure they are really back up and shipping.
Wes Pearson is offline Find More Posts by Wes Pearson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 01:07 PM
Joined Oct 2004
502 Posts
I read their mea culpa on their home page . Based on that and my prior good experience with them , I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and place an order .
We need them , they need us , if it works , everybody wins .
jetmaven is offline Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Mar 27, 2014, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2007
11 Posts
WEll I v'e just asked them if they are back in business, so I will see how I get on
Barry
barry wetherell is offline Find More Posts by barry wetherell
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:14 AM
Be the duck. Whaaaa?
United States, CA, Guerneville
Joined Mar 2012
311 Posts
Another thread over in the Thermal forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121601
UberZogster is offline Find More Posts by UberZogster
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:55 AM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,216 Posts
I don't know how long this has been on the site:

Quote:
We wish to thank all of you for the privilege of having so many great customers over the past four years. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to fulfill many of your orders. We are now up and running and all plans have been refurbished.

With the problems that we had, we were locked out of our entire system. We were unable to access the admin portion of the website, emails, orders, etc. We have resolved the problems with our hosting company and updated our computer system. RCM Plans is very recently under new management and we hope to be up to speed in the next few weeks.

We will be refunding any money to those who do not want to wait for their plans. If someone chooses to receive the product that they ordered, we will also help them with this. We want to apologize profusely for any inconvenience to you.

As stated on our website, all entities that are producing any plans from R/C Modeler are doing so unlawfully and will be criminally responsible.

Thank you for your loyalty and patience. Best wishes to each and every one of you.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:01 PM
Slopeosapien
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Not to be inflammatory...
I understand their comments about copyright infringement being illegal, but isn't taking someone's money for a product and then not supplying said product also illegal?
jonesymj is offline Find More Posts by jonesymj
Old Mar 28, 2014, 01:33 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,216 Posts
So who is selling the unauthorized copies of RCM plans? I want to do business with that guy.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Mar 28, 2014, 04:38 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,680 Posts
Look on eBay. There are plenty of illegal plans there even some I have rights to. I have reported the sellers to eBay but they do not seem to care but if someone tries to sell an empty iPhone box they take it down in minutes.
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:32 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
851 Posts
RCM can't speak about legality or so now....I ordered a set of Viking plans to them
on late Dec. 2012 and was paid..... nothing after 15 months ..... a true shame and pity that so many wonderful desings and plans have such infame customer service...
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is online now Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Mar 29, 2014, 05:54 AM
Nova Scotia, the East Coast NA
Joined May 2005
239 Posts
What really surprise me is that no one seems to have any personal contact with them?

Posting something on a webpage is easy!

I wouldn't send a penny to anyone that deals with the past problems I have read about in the manner they have.

I reckon they could stand up and give account for their past actions in a different way then they have

or am I missing something??
or maybe I have under stood this all wrong

whacker
whacker is online now Find More Posts by whacker
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:09 AM
Joined Dec 2003
531 Posts
Do not understand

Mark and others

What I do not understand is why "modelers" keep buying from this one guy. He has three accounts under aliases.

It took me months to find that much out from my own sleuthing. EBAY tried to prevent (Well - they went WAY OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE IT VERY, VERY DIFFICULT for me from to get this info. My bank really helped, as well - they (your bank) maybe your best bet. Pay with check. Paper trail for counterfeited work. There are legitimate places to get most of what he is bootlegging.

He's been selling copies of my plans for over 6 years - his "feedback count" is in the 10 of thousands (on just one of his accounts) - which means he has sold ten of thousands of plans PLUS those who bought and left no feedback.

Like Mark said EBAY does not care one bit!!!!!! Think about it, if he only makes $5 per set of plans, multiply that by the 10 of thousands of sold plans. Also think about how much EBAY is making from him - they are not going to kill the goose.....

All from someone else's work. He is probably reading this right now and laughing his butt off. His address on EBAY/Paypal is fictitious)) from my sleuthing ....... it would be a long trip for me here on the East Coast.
Thoughts?
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
Look on eBay. There are plenty of illegal plans there even some I have rights to. I have reported the sellers to eBay but they do not seem to care but if someone tries to sell an empty iPhone box they take it down in minutes.
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:43 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,078 Posts
Jim, I'm sorry about this jerk who is selling illegal plans but I highly doubt it's in the 10's of thousands of copies....

It is illegal and he needs to be stopped.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Mar 29, 2014, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Which plans is he selling of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesailplnr View Post
Mark and others

What I do not understand is why "modelers" keep buying from this one guy. He has three accounts under aliases.

It took me months to find that much out from my own sleuthing. EBAY tried to prevent (Well - they went WAY OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE IT VERY, VERY DIFFICULT for me from to get this info. My bank really helped, as well - they (your bank) maybe your best bet. Pay with check. Paper trail for counterfeited work. There are legitimate places to get most of what he is bootlegging.

He's been selling copies of my plans for over 6 years - his "feedback count" is in the 10 of thousands (on just one of his accounts) - which means he has sold ten of thousands of plans PLUS those who bought and left no feedback.

Like Mark said EBAY does not care one bit!!!!!! Think about it, if he only makes $5 per set of plans, multiply that by the 10 of thousands of sold plans. Also think about how much EBAY is making from him - they are not going to kill the goose.....

All from someone else's work. He is probably reading this right now and laughing his butt off. His address on EBAY/Paypal is fictitious)) from my sleuthing ....... it would be a long trip for me here on the East Coast.
Thoughts?
Jim
rouge flyr is offline Find More Posts by rouge flyr
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:05 PM
Joined Dec 2003
531 Posts
????

OK!
How do you explain 10 of thousands of feedbacks? Read them for the last six months. Gawd!!!! <but I highly doubt it's in the 10's of thousands of copies> (5 model mag available at any one time) x( an average of 3 plans per issue) ( 12 issues per year) x (70+ years) 12600? OK?

Please inform me of how you can inflated your feedback #'s?

He sell copies of every plan ever produced in model mags back to the 30's. Boats, airplanes, etc.
I just know what I know from experience. Guess I could be wrong about that, though

I guess I just missed something, since I was told by quite a few really considerate people that he was selling bootlegged copies my plans.

I have hundreds (YES!) of model mags from the 30"s to date. I was going to sell them by the year, until he started bidding on them.

I withdrew the sale and still have them. Each one has more than two set of plans per issue. He copies and sells them on a CD. It is your "illegal" part to have them enlarged to your preferred size. (One of the ways EBAY pretends to enforce the Federal Law???) He also has full size copies as a well, that he peddles. You can also just download an electronic plan from his site after you pay for it.

I am off this topic - we do not need to defend our position for being upset about someone selling our plans! Forget my questions!

Different world, for sure.
Cheers
Jim
GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
Jim, I'm sorry about this jerk who is selling illegal plans but I highly doubt it's in the 10's of thousands of copies....

It is illegal and he needs to be stopped.
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
Old Mar 29, 2014, 07:52 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2004
820 Posts
Darn Jim, that just plain sucks!
People like this probably have never achieved or accomplished anything in their lives and just rely on the work of others. I have been reluctant to share my design plans here because of fears that they will end up being sold for a profit and my wings being built in China.
It's just wrong.
signing off...
Thermaleer is offline Find More Posts by Thermaleer