New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
444 Posts
Discussion
Fiji Post : how fast /slow ??

Hi Guys.
Not a winge or a a bitch (yet)

How fast or slow is Fiji Post ??

Im not in panic mode , just wondering what sort of timeline.
FJ seems to be another courier service with a completely broken tracking system.

On a good note, all my orders sent via Malasia Post are arriving in the country in a reasonable time (2-3 weeks)
It a strange thing indeed when HKing's actual delivery times are faster than some of my ebay orders.
1101 is online now Find More Posts by 1101
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2013, 04:13 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Hi Guys.
Not a winge or a a bitch (yet)

How fast or slow is Fiji Post ??

Im not in panic mode , just wondering what sort of timeline.
FJ seems to be another courier service with a completely broken tracking system.

On a good note, all my orders sent via Malasia Post are arriving in the country in a reasonable time (2-3 weeks)
It a strange thing indeed when HKing's actual delivery times are faster than some of my ebay orders.
I would think that it would be pretty fast for you in NZ.

It took 10days from the day tracking showed "Fiji - Nadi, Dispatches created" to the day it was delivered at my European address.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Dec 29, 2013, 09:24 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,540 Posts
Can't say as i've had the pleasure of using them that I know of that is but I have had MP and they weren't to bad at all,my last order was here in a week and a half which is about normal for me in the UK,i normal use signed for air mail as i hate using any sort of fast shipping from Asia unless i know and have used that shipping company before.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:23 PM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,478 Posts
I think FJ post is alright but something bad is going on. It's taking two weeks for my orders sent from the Int warehouse to be sent by FJ post. Their tracking seems to work fine after they eventually send the package.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:32 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
444 Posts
I think whats happening with Fiji & Malasia post is HKing are bundling up enough orders, sending them to Fiji/Malasia/wherever in a big container & they get delivered to FJ/MY in 1 mass shipment.
That would explain the 2-3 week delay before they are actually processed by FJ or MY .
Speculation of course.....
Old Dec 31, 2013, 03:29 AM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,478 Posts
I would also explain the delay going though customs as a container would have to wait in line with a long line of other containers. Not though the small individual parcels checks.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 03:07 PM
dexplorer
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Nov 2012
127 Posts
one thing I just noticed with Fiji post is that the parcel I ordered and paid on Nov 16th and which is still in transit has gone through some really strange status updates. When I first checked the tracking number it showed me my parcel is going to be shipped to Namibia or something where I definately didn't want it to go. After a while the same tracking number (with FJ extension) showed me no result on DHL, but after a while I found it listed on Fiji Post.
There it now shows as arrived in Frankfurt, Germany (where the customs is) since Nov. 29th, although the DHL site still doesn't know the tracking number.
When I hover over my order on hobbyking's status page, it shows me: shipped on Dec. 2nd and funnily I received an email from hk on Dec. 24th telling me that my parcel with said tracking number (which I already had since four weeks) is now shipped.....
Verrrrry strange things happening here.
And very interested on the outcome as I now have contacted German DHL as well as hobbyking to resolve the issue and my paypal 45 day dispute limit has expired, too....
Let's see.
zidlov is online now Find More Posts by zidlov
Old Jan 04, 2014, 12:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,478 Posts
My order/parcel was paid for on the 29 Nov and shipped 4 Dec. Tracking has it Dispatched 13 Dec. So two weeks after it was paid it was posted. Tracking also has it delivered to Australia 21 Dec but I contacted AustPost and Australia Customs last Friday two days ago. Customs doesn't hold parcels under $1000 for fees after inspection so it should have gone quickly to AustPost being a small parcel. AustPost Support currently has no record of the parcel at all but could see the tracking I could see on Fiji Post same as me.

I logged a support email to HK concerning this order a couple of days ago. Just been replied to suggesting I contact my Customs to pay for any fees. Obviously the HK support person didn't check to see if this is even likely for this case which it isn't.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 02:21 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Tracking also has it delivered to Australia 21 Dec but I contacted AustPost and Australia Customs last Friday two days ago. Customs doesn't hold parcels under $1000 for fees after inspection so it should have gone quickly to AustPost being a small parcel. AustPost Support currently has no record of the parcel at all but could see the tracking I could see on Fiji Post same as me.
The Fiji post tracking is accurate.

The Lxxxxxx tracking code is however selectively recorded in national postal systems.

In my country, the LxxxxxxFJ parcel arrived in my country on 20 December and when I queried my post office a few days later, they explained to me that they consider it as normal mail but signed for delivery so it will not show in their tracking system. I got it on 31 December due to the Xmas PO workload, vacations etc.

I 'd bet you will get yours this coming week.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 02:32 AM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
I 'd bet you will get yours this coming week.
Good point. Might well be the case here too but previously staff at the main support centre have magic databases not accessible by normal people to at least be able to see when a parcel was accepted into the country for the sending postal company. But I'm assuming the person I spoke too used one of those magic databases and not just the normal tracking system.

Regardless I really hope it does turn up this week. I'm more worried about getting the parts than the money as I can't seem to get the parts at all in Australia.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:12 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
444 Posts
Just an update, its arrived in my country today.
So thats approx 3 weeks.
Excellent service considering its the Xmas holidays & Xmas rush period for couriers.

A+ service
Thought Id put up a positive post , not many of those here.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:35 PM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,478 Posts
Great news 1101. I still have nothing but the support call I logged with HK is being answered and actioned so hopefully there will be a positive result.
It'll be six weeks since I paid for it this Friday so I'll start a paypal dispute before then but not take it any further. After all HK have answered me.
Old Jan 08, 2014, 02:49 PM
upside down and inside out
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
So with you guys the fiji post tracking actually showed some progress?

Mine has just one entry "dispatches created" from 21.December. The order was done on the 10. December.

Wishing the parcel was here and I was in Fiji...
mrbump is offline Find More Posts by mrbump
Old Jan 08, 2014, 11:04 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
2,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbump View Post
So with you guys the fiji post tracking actually showed some progress?

Mine has just one entry "dispatches created" from 21.December. The order was done on the 10. December.

Wishing the parcel was here and I was in Fiji...
Same dates for me. Still no parcel. I think it's the holiday period.
Should arrive next few days.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 01:37 PM
upside down and inside out
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Same dates for me. Still no parcel. I think it's the holiday period.
Should arrive next few days.
I'm not sure I share your optimism. "Dispatches created" doesn't necessarily mean that the parcels are even on Fiji yet.

I wonder a bit, whether Fiji post is the new standard method for sending batteries from china/singapore etc. to the rest of the world which might be a bit overwhelming for them. Thinking about all the gadgets containing lithium batteries these days.
mrbump is offline Find More Posts by mrbump