HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Noted jasmine. I'll give it some serious thought. My intentions of the 130x is that it would make an excellent trainer before i try such tricks on my 450-500-600 helis.

However this just came out . http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-devi...th=165_273_353

How freaking awsome would this be !! I have been waiting for somebody to put out this tween size. 360mm blades swinging on a 6s motor and battery. Not to mention the goblin fashion look. Thinking the other two helis i have on my " hit-list " will have to take a back seat to this,

I received Great news from two different areas today In the hobby i love, And its not even my birthday.. ha

Know your not into clones jazz. ( ALZRC ) And cant say i blame you. But you should give this one some consideration .
The real deal isnt much more than that and IMHO it doesnt have all that unneeded weight.
If you really like that shell buy a cheaper clone and then buy the shell and save yourself a $100 or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It is great for that. It has basically the same power feel and stability as a 450, maybe a little weaker than my 450 Pro, but very solid. I've had a couple tail blow-outs at high speed, but other than that, it's as solid as a bigger bird.
Is something wrong with your 450 as it should be leaps and bounds more powerful than your 130x.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:52 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Is something wrong with your 450 as it should be leaps and bounds more powerful than your 130x.
It is, but it's not a huge difference, maybe something is wrong with your 130x?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,232 Posts
Considering I have owned quite a few 130x's including one with a hp08 in it i would say chances are nothing is wrong with one of mine From what I have personally noted it is a huge difference in power between my last few 450's and a 130x when doing power hungry moves. IMHO the 130x flys more similar to the power of a 300x with a little faster reaction time.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Considering I have owned quite a few 130x's including one with a hp08 in it i would say chances are nothing is wrong with one of mine From what I have personally noted it is a huge difference in power between my last few 450's and a 130x when doing power hungry moves. IMHO the 130x flys more similar to the power of a 300x with a little faster reaction time.
And of course everything is different in Colorado. Bert told me coming here to fly was "an exercise in collective management"
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
ich liebe Rc Hubschrauber
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,152 Posts
Quote:
The real deal isnt much more than that and IMHO it doesnt have all that unneeded weight.
If you really like that shell buy a cheaper clone and then buy the shell and save yourself a $100 or more.

Its the size of the heli i am after.. 670mm in length, swinging 360mm blades on 6s. The canopy is just eye candy.

A cheaper clone is a huge no-no in my book.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,347 Posts
so where is everyone getting batteries for their 130x, I just picked up some 350 mah nano paks from the HK USA warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28644

what are you guys using?
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Just got mine
Blade 130X Unboxing + Upgrades and Upcoming Videos 1080p (5 min 59 sec)
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,347 Posts
I take it this is not that popular of a heli, oh well, can't wait for Christmas so I can get mine Ordered some other batteries....
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:46 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
I would never get rid of my 130X. It's the best one I've ever flown. I don't think I even care to go back to the bigger heli's.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I would never get rid of my 130X. It's the best one I've ever flown. I don't think I even care to go back to the bigger heli's.
Garry K.
+1. I put my 450X back in the box and shelved it.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:08 AM
Biplanes and Helicopters
USA, CA, Arroyo Grande
Joined Oct 2007
320 Posts
Tail Blow Out Fixed

After setting the 130 aside for a week or so, I tackled it again this morning. It turns out that I had two problems, one masking the other. The first problem was the "C" gear slipping on the shaft. I replaced it and put some thread between the gear hole and shaft, but the problem still remained, the tail blew out during fast changes in pitch/throttle.

I had noticed that the tail was vibrating a little more than when it was in new (uncrashed) condition. I replaced the tail shaft (looks like a T-Pin) in the hopes that maybe the shaft was bent, causing vibration which was confusing the gyro. While reassembling the tail, I noticed that the pin on the pitch slider was broken off, plus I had installed the pitch slider upside down, with the broken pin at the bottom and the ball at the top. Embarassing heli moment # 2,136 for me Especially since I was ranting to all who would listen about BnF crap and Blade and Horizon and just about anything else I could think of. D'oh!!!

Replaced the slider, installed correctly this time and just test flew, she's rock solid. Thanks to everyone who replied in an effort to help the partially retarded heli guy....

Simon
AtomicPunk is offline Find More Posts by AtomicPunk
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
so where is everyone getting batteries for their 130x, I just picked up some 350 mah nano paks from the HK USA warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28644

what are you guys using?
The best-performing plug & play pack is the TP 325 65c UMX pack from RCBabbel. The next-best performing plug & play pack is the Hyperion HP35C04002SX 400 35c UMX pack. The Hyperion HP35C05002SX 500 mAh 35c UMX pack is an excellent choice for sport-flying, and Hyperion's top-notch voltage-holding ability under load means that there is still plenty of grunt available for aerobatics, despite the increases pack weight. However, the CG is slightly forward with the Hyp 500.

TP's 65c packs are designed for 12c charging with no reduction in performance or lifespan, and TP claims 600 cycles before they fade away. The Hyp packs are designed for 5c charging with no reduction in performance or lifespan, and Hyp packs are typically good for around 300-cycles or so before they fade away.

The 300 cycle lifespan of Hyperion's G3 LiPos is common knowledge. However, the TP's G6 65c packs have only been available for a couple years, so it's a bit early to tell if they will last for 600 cycles, as TP claims. I have 8 TP 325 UMX packs from RCBabbel, along with 3 TP 2250 65c 3s, 3 TP 1800 65c 2s, and 3 TP 1300 65c 2s packs. I charge all of them at 10-12c. None of them show any signs of getting old, and some of them are nearing the 300-cycle mark. Given the above, TP's 600-cycle claim does not seem unreasonable.

The unbeaten performance & the amount of time saved by charging at 12c is enough to make the TP packs a real bargain. Add the 600-cycle lifespan, and the choice becomes a no-brainer.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,347 Posts
thanks turboparker, I got those sites bookmarked that will really help.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
Athens Greece
Joined Aug 2008
32 Posts
I have tail vibratons, are there any rotary servos that I can use in the tail besides the ds35? I've searched a lot but I canot find the answer to this question.
Thanks
Sky_Commander is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Commander
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Setting aside the vibration issue, the answer is yes. The problems you will encountered are: (1) having to made a mounting bracket, and (2) solder the wires.

The ds35 is a plug-n-play. I have it in both of my 130xs, on 2s and 3s using CC esc to govern the headspeed.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62