HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
-= Trojan Man =-
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jan 2012
802 Posts
I unplugged the flaps from the rx. I deleted the tx model. I rebound the T-28 to the rx. Bingo. She works, but without flaps. I still need to take the wings off and make sure the flaps have the servo leads connected with the proper polarity. If they are I have an interesting issue.

Id pull the wings apart now but I am watching football! My Reds are playing Everton and we are top of the league right now, only 3 points ahead of Manchester City. I -love- proper football! Whi says football isnt popular in the US? We are catching on to why this game is so great.

I did manage to mix up my acrylics to make a nice olive drab color and I painted the inside of the wheel wells. The color looks great against the blue. Really glad it was suggested. Thanks for that
Arycon is offline Find More Posts by Arycon
Last edited by Arycon; Apr 27, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arycon View Post
I unplugged the flaps from the rx. I deleted the tx model. I rebound the T-28 to the rx. Bingo. She works, but without flaps. I still need to take the wings off and make sure the flaps have the servo leads connected with the proper polarity. If they are I have an interesting issue.

Id pull the wings apart now but I am watching football! My Reds are playing Everton and we are top of the league right now, only 3 points ahead of Manchester City. I -love- proper football! Whi says football isnt popular in the US? We are catching on to why this game is so great.

I did manage to mix up my acrylics to make a nice olive drab color and I painted the inside of the wheel wells. The color looks great against the blue. Really glad it was suggested. Thanks for that
I had an odd problem with my flaps when I first built the thing. I checked they worked with everthing fished up through the fuselage and they did so I mounted the wings and tested and nothing. After screwing around trying to figure wt-frenchtoast happened I finally yanked the wings off and started chasing wires, didn't see anything wrong tried the flaps again and they worked.... after beating my head against the wall put everything back together and worked. Never figured out what happened, my buddy was in the shop with me just as confused as me. That was with a DX8 and a HK Orange 9ch rx. Running a seperated bec so not to overload the esc, and just an odd odd freaking problem.
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
3,927 Posts
You guys may have inadvertently pinched a wire. I did that on that ESC signal wire once...

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:39 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Aug 2010
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
And yes, you might want to try a castle creations BEC, I have three, and they all work flawlessly. And also, make sure you have the middle wire removed on the servo plug for the esc.
I have same w no issues. Not sure if Ary is using BEC or UBEC, I recall when I installed my ESC and UBEC I had to cut one of the wires. Provided UBEC wiring diagram for everyone's information (credit to 4-Max)

PS: Ary has made so many mods to his Dynam T-28 that I think he should sell them as a kit and make money
Canuck4ever is offline Find More Posts by Canuck4ever
Last edited by Canuck4ever; Apr 28, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laknarasim View Post
I just assembled my new Dynam T-28 and found the propeller is woblling and in high throttle the whole plane vibrates <>
First, make sure the motor mount is solid. Sometime the glue job is poor. You should not be able to wriggle the motor and mount. If you have added down and right thrust (which you should do) you need to use longer screws. Dribble in some epoxy around the mount to be sure it is solid.
Run the motor at slow speed with the prop and hub removed. Watch and feel to see if the shaft is bent. Hold a marker near the shaft and see if it makes an intermittent mark on the shaft. You can replace the shaft on outrunners if it is bent.
Otherwise just be sure you have the hub and prop installed correctly.
Crashj007 is offline Find More Posts by Crashj007
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
Old Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,260 Posts
Didn't get a chance to fly today due to winds. Gave me time to work on a plane carrier for my truck. In the process I bumped the tail of my Trojan against my garage door. Just a small nick on the rudder and pulled a flap mount loose. While on the craddle, I glanced at the elevator and my eyes got real big. Don't know when it happened but the nut on the horn connector fell off. Only thing holding the wire in the horn was friction. Could have easily turned into a pile of foam.
Moral of the story is no matter how good your plane is flying, always take the time to do a preflight each time out. Have already checked the rest of my fleet. Happy flying.
fuzzyhead is offline Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Apr 2010
58 Posts
I finally got my wings screwed on on the Dynam Trojan.There is about an eighth inch gap between the wings on the bottom

Is this normal?
EssTee is offline Find More Posts by EssTee
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,079 Posts
have you put in the screw between the gear wells?
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Aug 2010
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTee View Post
I finally got my wings screwed on on the Dynam Trojan.There is about an eighth inch gap between the wings on the bottom

Is this normal?
Should be very little to no gap. I've had 1-2 wing screws miss plastic base entirely and thus a gap. Make sure all 4 bottom wing screws are in securely into their proper base. And as mentioned by Copperbricks - there is a screw that goes horizontally joining both wing halves
Canuck4ever is offline Find More Posts by Canuck4ever
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:53 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,079 Posts
I forgot it the first time, and I think three of my screws were only in the foam- I think they saved the wings when I crashed
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTee View Post

Is this normal?
Can we see a photo pls?
Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:32 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,779 Posts
I got some lights on the T-28 and adjusted the down thrust. It flew so much better and needed no trim with throttle changes. My only gripe now is the damn gear doors!! I ripped them off! they just get in the way!! LOL Still loving this plane though!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Apr 2010
58 Posts
Yeah I just checked the wing and one screw was going into the foam.I'll work on it tomorrow.
EssTee is offline Find More Posts by EssTee
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:36 AM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I got some lights on the T-28 and adjusted the down thrust. It flew so much better and needed no trim with throttle changes. My only gripe now is the damn gear doors!! I ripped them off! they just get in the way!! LOL Still loving this plane though!!
Bad landing bends the strut causing the covers to rub withe wheel well

Mine too, I just shaved off a few mm of foams
Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
-= Trojan Man =-
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jan 2012
802 Posts
Got my order from Hobby King. My new Atom Mini Glider is awesome. For $33 you just cant beat it. It does have some QC issues but with a little modding skill it is easy to work around. It is obvious someone wanted to screw over a customer and I ended up being the lucky duck. The push rod tubes had glue inside of them...directly in the middle oc the tube. Took me forever to figure out why the servos were binding and the push rods wouldnt move. I tugged and tugged on them and ultimately ripped the entire tube + rod out. I completely tore off and obliterated the fragile elevator in the process Not cool. This is when I learned about the glue. I had to cut the tubes in half to discover where it was an then scrape the glue off of the push rod. Then it was a matter of trying to get the tubes back in Eventually it all went back together and I made a new elevator out of 5mm sheet foam and glued it on with parkflyer hinges. Perfect! Added two pieces of foam to the inside to brace the push rod tubes and she was ready to fly. For a cheapo mini glider it was fun. I bought two 2S 450mah lipos up from the stock 250mah. Seeing 10+ minute flight times. Really having fun with it. May upgrade to a brusless motor for some real fun and speed.

I also got my F-86 pilot! He is the perfect scale for the Dynam T-28. I will begin building the custom cockpit very soon and post the pics / progress on my blog. Im also going to add details for any newcomers that have questions about flap installation. The Nitroplanes video doesnt show closeups and is a little vague. Photos with some arrows and captions should make it easier

Thats it for now. Still waiting to pickup a dremel so I can file notches into my gear. Also need to install my CC 10A BEC. Guy at my field said that ia probably my problem. My 3A BEC just isnt producing enough power for the servos, gear and rx. Then I can fly Big Blue again.

Happy flying guys!
Ary
Arycon is offline Find More Posts by Arycon
Last edited by Arycon; Apr 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM.