SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2005, 05:33 PM
It's hot here!
Dallas
Joined Dec 2004
362 Posts
V-Bat Flying Wing- Needs Landing Gear Ideas

Hey everyone,
Been a while since I've been on the Flying Wing threads. I wanted to solicite everyones help on this. I have just purchased the Thunder TIger V-Bat Flying Wing.

Specs: Wing Span: 60.25" (1530mm) Wing Area: 400 in2 (33 cm2) Weight: 4.8-5.2 lbs. (0.65 kg) Engine: .10

I DO NOT like to hand launch my wings especially this one since it is balsa and not my favorite Zagi (indestructable) foam. I really want to put some landing gear on this bad boy, but have no idea where to start. I need to be sensitive to the CG as I am putting a .15 on it instead of a .10, hense additional weight.
I would love retracts but static are fine as well. I have removed the covering and I have a balsa spar to work with. Any ideas pariculary pictures would be most helpful.
I thought I would ask the experts on the Groups before I went and did anything stupid.....
Thanks everyone.
-Brandon
babenson is offline Find More Posts by babenson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2005, 07:51 PM
United States, CO, Greeley
Joined Aug 2002
118 Posts
take a look in the show your wings thread,there are sevral in there that have gear,there was also a nother thread about it here somewhere
trey3670 is offline Find More Posts by trey3670
Old Oct 06, 2005, 09:34 PM
It's hot here!
Dallas
Joined Dec 2004
362 Posts
I'll take a look. Thanks.
Anyone with pixs?
Old Oct 06, 2005, 10:42 PM
fast chevron foam
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Jun 2005
660 Posts
I put DuBro landing gear on one of my wings. They have a good assortment of lite wheels & brackets for cheap. I found it at www.towerhobbies.com by searching for 'dubro wheel'
WingmanDan is offline Find More Posts by WingmanDan
Old Oct 11, 2005, 02:26 PM
It's hot here!
Dallas
Joined Dec 2004
362 Posts
Well I got gear in, no retracts but static should be more than sufficient. They are in front of the CG, so tail heavy should not be a problem. My challenge now is to recover the wing. I tore off all the covering to get to the spar.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
I just saw this thread and am getting ready to get my own v-bat flying wing. I like the idea of putting landing gear on it and not hand launching it. If anyone could please send me pics, instructions or just some guidance on how to go about it i would greatly appreciate it. My email is budmanmike@triad.rr.com if anyone could help.

Thanks,

Mike
budmanmike is offline Find More Posts by budmanmike