HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:13 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,732 Posts
Question
Does anyone make a sub-12-inch Unlimited Hydro?

I've seen the Miss Seattle from Aquacraft, but at 17 inches, it's a little bigger than what I have planned for it... I know I could get a blackjack 9, or Joysway cat, or any of those... but I love the look of the unlimited hydros...

Thanks boaters
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:16 PM
United States, IN, Greensburg
Joined Jun 2014
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
I've seen the Miss Seattle from Aquacraft, but at 17 inches, it's a little bigger than what I have planned for it... I know I could get a blackjack 9, or Joysway cat, or any of those... but I love the look of the unlimited hydros...

Thanks boaters
I bought a scratch and dent Aquacraft Gp1 hydro from TowerHobbies, it was in nearly new condition for like $65.If you haven't driven a hydro yett, just to give you a heads up they require alot of tuning compared to most boats.Its worth it though, I was running my Gp1 on a very choppy lake recently and it took me around 10 attempts to launch it before I finally had it planing.But after running that thing a few laps with it skipping around wildly I was very proud of my driving skills.

If you'd like to build one yourself BBY has a pretty nice looking hydro.You can buy the complete kit, or just the hull for $30 and buy the hardware as you can afford it.I'm wanting to build a Micro Scat Cat myself, I've seen videos of them breaking 50mph.
http://www.bbyracing.com/elecmicrohulls.asp
micromodder is online now Find More Posts by micromodder
Old Sep 21, 2014, 04:52 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,732 Posts
Thanks.. that Aquacraft boat is still 16.5 inches though... and BBY doesn't post the sizes for the Micros....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:32 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,081 Posts
Not exactly a kit at the moment, but i am currently making a 3d printed version.

Currently I have the hull, which seems to float and plane in the pool with weight (ballast) on board, however it has not been powered yet. I also have the power system designed, just waiting on install and motor mount.

I might eventually upload it to shape ways for those out there who do not have a 3d printer.
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Nov 30, 2014, 08:38 PM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,667 Posts
How about 6 inch. A company out of Washington state made kits for track racing. Small motor and 2 AA batteries. I R/C'd mine. Sorry that was almost 18 years ago, I don't remember the company.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC