HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2013, 02:43 PM
Learning more each day....
United States, RI, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2012
711 Posts
New Product
BlackVue SC 500 Sports Cam

BlackVue sent me one of their new models to test for it's flying abilities - I don't own any GoPros, so I cannot compare it to anything, but I am putting it through it's paces. It uses a 12 MP Sony sensor - I assume similar to the GP black series. I don't have a price on the cam, sorry!

Here is the first look and review.....
http://droneflyers.com/2013/12/black...t-look-review/

For those who want to just skip to the important parts for flying, here is a video from today taken at 720/60 with a non-stablilzed Phantom.
BlackVue SC 500 Sports Camera Test in Snow (1 min 59 sec)

The cam also has several high speed modes, including up to 240fps at a lower res and 120fps at 720. Here are a couple samples...
SC 500 120 fps mode test (1 min 2 sec)

water_sc500 (1 min 4 sec)

I'm not offerring a personal opinion on the overall package because I don't have enough to compare it to. It's missing an intervalometer for the high-res stills, but I assume they will put that in with a software update if they want our business!

I do think the snow and the sun came out fairly well - didn't blow the scene out as I expected it would. I should have tried the Mobius in the same flight (piggyback) to compare, although this cam will certainly be much more expensive.
craigiri is offline Find More Posts by craigiri
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:37 PM
Joined Nov 2013
33 Posts
Nice. I had a random couchsurfer staying at my place who owned one of these and we went out and took some videos. It is quite good. It would be nice if somebody did a gopro comparison as I don't own one either.
odinsgaze is offline Find More Posts by odinsgaze