SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
Mike
United Kingdom, England, Thurstonfield
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Question
binding multiple receivers

I have one rc plane and I am using a Hitec optic 5 tx and a hitec minima 6 receiver. My question is can I use a 2nd minima receiver in a 2nd plane but then use the single optic 5 tx to fly both planes (not simultaneously of course). In other words can I bind 2 receivers to one transmitter. I would not mind if I had to re-bind the receivers each time I swapped planes or will the optic 5 memorise both receivers or is it the receivers which memorise the tx id.
Confused!! Any help would be much appreciated

Mike
METATRON12 is offline Find More Posts by METATRON12
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,130 Posts
yes you can, you can bind as many receivers as you like to one Tx. the only problem you will have is that your Tx doesnt have individual model memories so things like servo reversing, trims, control; throws etc. cant be adjusted and saved for each individual model as they can be with a computer Tx with model memories.

You need to be real careful that you don't fly with controls reversed or wildly out of trim.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:48 AM
Mike
United Kingdom, England, Thurstonfield
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Thanks a lot that tells me all I need to know, I understand what you say about checking trims
servos etc when swapping planes.
Thanks again for the advice very much appreciated

Mike
METATRON12 is offline Find More Posts by METATRON12