SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Jasco Spotter

Jasco Spotter plan as requested.

Please note that a few additional details have been added to this plan but otherwise the plan is as per original.

Anyone out there have avialable the Howard DGA and Stinson SR6 by JR Models
(Jim Roberts, La Grande, Oregon.)
I'm also looking for Pilot Kits Hurricane and Spitfire.
Anyone out there have them?
propellerheads is offline Find More Posts by propellerheads
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
pilot kits?
DukeRoger is offline Find More Posts by DukeRoger
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Pilot Kits Plans

Searching for Pilot Kits Hurricane and Spitfire Plans

Pilot Kits manufactured in Japan from 1970's to early 1990's

Does anyone have them and is there any possibily of posting them here.
Hip Pocket has a number of them but not the above.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,256 Posts
Thank you very much for the Spotter plan. However, do you happen to have the original, not the autocad version? I particularly dislike autocad as cold and inhuman!!!!
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerheads View Post
Jasco Spotter plan as requested.

Please note that a few additional details have been added to this plan but otherwise the plan is as per original.

Anyone out there have avialable the Howard DGA and Stinson SR6 by JR Models
(Jim Roberts, La Grande, Oregon.)
I'm also looking for Pilot Kits Hurricane and Spitfire.
Anyone out there have them?
Lovely Jasco Spotter, propellerheads!

Would you mind telling us how did you include the warning on the plan? It is very useful!

Ar.
argat1 is offline Find More Posts by argat1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:12 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
199 Posts
Avro Avian and Snark

Good Morning all,

We are still in the April 1952 Aeromodeller and inside were the plans for the Snark and the Avro Avian.

The Snark is a 63" span glider to the A2 specification by Dick Twomey who was a well known designer and flier of gliders at that time. The design had impeccable credentials then and is still thought well of in today's SAM crowd. The swept back, plug in, wingtips and the curvaceous fuselage certainly make it easy to spot out on the field. I must apologise for the quality of the print but I have had to reduce it to enable the file to fit within the size parameters of this site. If you would like a copy of the original (4MB for the Black and White, of 6MB for the colour) please e-mail me.

Now for something completely different, the Avro Avian. Designed by Ray Booth the is an accurate 36 inch wingspan scale model for 0.75 to 1.5 cc engines (get the Mills out lads). The article gives a detailed description of the heritage of the original and mentions it's success in the Lympne Air Trails of 1928. In fact it really is a pretty little model and I would love to see photo's of one that someone had built (or maybe I wait until I'll retire then I can build one to escape from the rubbish on the soap box).

As always if you do decide to build from my plans take care and ensure you measure well before cutting. Will have to leave now - looks like a good day for going to the field.

Enjoy

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Warning notice applied to plans

To prevent ebay leechers and similar from profiting from the generosity of others,

Deleting this post
Last edited by propellerheads; Oct 09, 2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Comments
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:29 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,244 Posts
Hi Propellerheads. I don't mean to be awkward, but (pretty much) every plan I copy and post onto Outerzone is posterized to 2 colours then bitmapped at 50% threshold... that's the routine method I use on all plans. I do this keep the filesize down and transfer times low. When I did that to your Jasco Spotter plan (I was curious) the watermark disappeared. Because the light gey is forced to white, and matches the paper.

I'm not saying don't do a watermark. More just be aware that if I use your plans, they'll by default come out bare naked.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerheads View Post
This is an effective way to stop these people from selling on plans posted on this thread and others.
It is also an effective way to stop me from ever downloading and using such a plan.

Trying to build while having to constantly look at all that crap would drive me barking mad.
Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:49 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
It is also an effective way to stop me from ever downloading and using such a plan.

Trying to build while having to constantly look at all that crap would drive me barking mad.
A point well taken. I think watermarks were intended to show potential customers what they get for spending their money, but delivery is without watermarks once the fees are paid.

Since this is a 'freeware' based thread there is no point in trying to police the few that have possibly exploited some plans. I think if profit is their motive, then it will hapen no matter what is done to prevent such activity.

I appreciate all the work and plans here for sure. I personaly will never live long enough to build many. I mostly enjoy looking through them and commend the archive for the many that will come well past my time here on Earth.

Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks to each and everyone of you.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
43 Posts
Jasco Spotter plan

When I tried to print the plan it came out with the watermark solid black and the plan light grey. Not a build for me either.
One Cut is offline Find More Posts by One Cut
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
Watermark may also keep some egg-head at Staples, Office Depot or Kinkos from printing it for you.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
43 Posts
Johnspop- If anyone is so afraid they are going to lose money by posting a plan on this forum, then DON"T POST IT. I DO NOT sell plans I download from this or other sites. They are for my use and my use only. However, I do go to Office Depot to have them enlarged to full size as my printer only prints on 8-1/2 X 11 paper.

One Cut
One Cut is offline Find More Posts by One Cut
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
I don't believe I implied anything of the sort, One Cut. I was simply stating that anything on the plan that could be confusing to a "stereotypical" worker at a Staples or wherever, might give them pause to print your plan, if they were concerned about whether or not there was a "copyright issue". I didn't accuse anyone of anything and I appreciate all the hard work that people put into this forum. I've never posted a plan on this forum, nor anywhere else for that matter, because I have no idea how to "scan in a plan and clean it up" the way folks do here. Why you would single me out for what I posted is beyond me......
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:21 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
JohnsPop,

I, and probably everyone else, agree with what you stated. That someone at one of the retail print shops might have a problem printing copyrighted material, ie. material containing a watermark. I don't know where One Cut is coming from. There must be some misunderstanding?

Adding watermarks to keep someone from profiting off of free plans is not a bad idea but I think if someone is determined they will find a way around it.

I would prefer to have the plans listed w/o watermarks and have removed them from plans that contain them. Its not hard to do. I think I Googled "how to remove watermarks from documents" and found instructions on how to do it.

Its unfortunate that some will end up paying for something they can have free simply because they have no idea how to find it.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi